Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @SamIAm2 - being old, I recall the tight sphincters at the time.  The world was staring at a different challenge then-easier to quantify and know the enemy.  Not so today and thus the uncertainty and resulting angst.  
    Nice read-thanks for sharing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Sea2Ski That shrimp looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Water line repair. 

Replacing  schedule 40 with schedule 80. Anyone know if you can direct bury pex? That would be ideal.  Wondering about the crimps rotting off.  I know you can install in areas where it would be exposed to sunlight.
    If you don’t have a lot of connections they make shark bite fittings for PEX. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Between Instacart and FedEx, went 1 for 4 on deliveries that were supposed to show up today.  American exceptionalism my azz.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Smash Burgers

Homemade Bacon chopped and mixed with caramelized onions

Chuck roast with some added Back Fat

On the Blackstone 

Someone was drinking and got no more pictures after halfway through putting them together ....Happy Easter my Online Family 

We don’t need no pics of the finish to conclude that you ate well. Strong work. 👍🏻
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lkapigian Dang That looks good. Good eats for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Looks good @lkapigian

Chuck is my go-to for smash burgers as well. Bacon through the onions is an addition I'm going to have to try out!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Spatchcock chicken and baby backs off the XL. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
  • lkapigian
    Options
    When you hang Salami in your kitchen 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Awesome gumball machine. Vintage?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Severe weather advisory for us in North Carolina. High Winds, Tornadoes, Hail, Rain. Looks like it is going to get ugly around here. Be safe!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Watching the Master's - Tiger looks really good, can he hang on?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Awesome gumball machine. Vintage?
    Yes sir , 3 head no plastic , paid 75.00 and it had at least 25.00 in quarters in it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian: Very cool. Good find. 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @nolaegghead Dang you eat well. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Severe weather advisory for us in North Carolina. High Winds, Tornadoes, Hail, Rain. Looks like it is going to get ugly around here. Be safe!

Heading into Alabama right now. Has that feel. Will be a long night I fear...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Going through Mississippi 2 counties North of me.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    bubbajack said:

Heading into Alabama right now. Has that feel. Will be a long night I fear...
    Good luck tonight my friend.