Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SonVolt said:
    Today is gone be a good day.

Just succumbed to your bad influence now that the kids are (kind of) sleeping. 

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 6,431
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    Father in Law is dying from chemo induced bone marrow cancer (MDS). 

To see such a strong friend and the biggest father figure I've had go this way is beyond horrific.  If you pray, please for God to take him home as soon as possible.

He passed early yesterday evening.  Thank you to all who prayed for him to be at peace. 

I really appreciate this group as an outlet to share personal triumphs, happy times, struggles, and tragedies.  There really isn't another spot online that I feel such a sense of family.  Even when we're beating each other up for our different perspectives, the forum here has such a great feel, and I appreciate all your friendships.

Cheers.  Raise one tonight for Rainer Theis pronounced "Tice" aka "Opa".

We got him an egg when he retired.  He didn't use his as much as many of us, but he was still an egghead for sure.
    Peace be with your family at this time
    Visalia, Ca
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,151
    SonVolt said:

Some kind of negroni?   I likey

lkapigian said:
    Little bit disappointed that Linda did not want to see my Stimulus Package at 3 am
    You wouldn't be the first person to do a first person stimulus package.  

• SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,232
    SonVolt said:

Pretty much, I use Aperol and Compari interchangeably depending on how much bitter kick I'm in the mood for. Aperol seems to make a softer, smoother drink. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,675
    @thetrim sorry for your and your families loss. Never a good time, but this is an especially hard time.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 13,989
    @thetrim just reading / catching up on this thread. So sorry for your wife's loss....and the impact it has on you as well. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

"For those of you in the cheap seats I’d like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!"
    John Lennon
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 21,336
    @thetrim -  I am so sorry to hear.  Condolences to you and your family.
    Yes, I will raise one tonight!
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here; L&S BGE's, PBC, Lang 36; burnin wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Pretty much, I use Aperol and Compari interchangeably depending on how much bitter kick I'm in the mood for. Aperol seems to make a softer, smoother drink. 
    In my experience, Aperol is sweeter and less bitter. I used Campari today. Equal parts Campari, gin and red vermouth. 
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,651
    @ColtsFan that looks stunning!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
    @thetrim. Sorry to hear man.  Sometimes that is a relief with cancer and cases where our loved ones are suffering and the prognosis is poor.  My condolences. 

• @lkapigian. Thank you Larry!  Care package received! 
    @lkapigian: Larry, how do I get on your distribution list? 😊
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,194
    Maybe send him a bag of this.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,780
    @thetrim Your family is in our thoughts and prayers during your loss.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SamIAm2 said:
    Maybe send him a bag of this.
    That’s pretty well the only lump I buy. 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 4,310
    If you like Sugar Maple lump.....stay tuned. Heard a rumor 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    1-XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan said:
    If you like Sugar Maple lump.....stay tuned. Heard a rumor 
    Russian-made, center cut sugar maple?!
  • gmanrvagmanrva Posts: 122
    Sorry for your lose, here, here Rainer Theis!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 6,431
    @lkapigian. Thank you Larry!  Care package received! 
    That Chipotle powder is good, smoked those peppers for a couple days on my Stumps. @GrateEggspectations get me your address  =)
    Visalia, Ca
  • lkapigian said:
    @lkapigian. Thank you Larry!  Care package received! 
    That Chipotle powder is good, smoked those peppers for a couple days on my Stumps. @GrateEggspectations get me your address  =)
    Super kind of you, Larry. While I’m flattered, I must say that I’m not sure how I feel about accepting another man’s meat. Besides, I’m way off in Canada, so that sausage would need to take a mighty trek. 

Keep up the good work. 🙂
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 5,135
    I’d love to have some fresh oysters. 
    What’s the bottom oic? Costco? Sam’s?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. 
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 7,704
    Man I could eat a half bushel of oysters right about now. Those look incredible. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 4,310
    Would love to get my hands on those right now. Ironically my Facebook feed has been blowing up with some ship to your door oyster company 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    1-XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Restaurant Despot had them for $36 a sack.  They had sacks of crawfish too.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 14,017
    @thetrim - very sad to hear. Lost my FIL to prostate cancer last year, so well aware of how painful it is to watch someone suffer so much. 

Sending your family good vibes and love.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EoinEoin Posts: 3,028
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

I find Aperol too sweet for anything other than a spritz with prosecco and soda. Campari is one of my favourite drinks, mostly just with soda or sparkling mineral water. Might do a negroni tonight though ......