Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I’ve laid off over 300 people in last 15 years. Every one of them face to face. Laying someone off via email warrants a Singapore style public caning. Off soap box. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2020
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Just received a care package from a friend

Beware of the fomite. Sterilize that bottle with one of your lesser high-proof Indiana blends. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @thetrim I'm so sorry man.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Father in Law is dying from chemo induced bone marrow cancer (MDS). 

To see such a strong friend and the biggest father figure I've had go this way is beyond horrific.  If you pray, please for God to take him home as soon as possible.

Damn. Sorry Brother
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a mentor is as tough as it gets. He can go knowing he got you where you needed to be. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Down to half a can of Lysol spray and I’m guessing I won’t be finding any anytime soon. SWMBO works in the medical field so her and her car get the full “wipe down” when she get home each day. We are just worried about our son (1 year old) contracting the virus so we are doing what we can. Anyone got any leads on an online source for Lysol spray (aerosol)??
    Another list to check disinfectants can be found here:
    https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2

The easiest way to find a product on this list is to enter the first two sets of its EPA registration number into the search bar.

For example, if EPA Reg. No. 12345-12 is on List N, you can buy EPA Reg. No. 12345-12-2567 and know you’re getting an equivalent product. You can find this number by looking for the EPA Reg. No. on the product label.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Tip of the day: When you attach your sous vide to your stock pot on the stove, make sure you don't turn on your stove. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @thetrim - sent you a pm.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    current status.

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Storming like a mofo hear. 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Did smash burgers tonight.

Crust looks awesome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @thetrim - I am so sorry to read that.  That is tough. Stay strong for your family.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    The cold is right behind it.  It was 82 when it started to roll through Wednesday afternoon.  The low last night was 38.  High is supposed to be 50 today.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    The cold is right behind it.  It was 82 when it started to roll through Wednesday afternoon.  The low last night was 38.  High is supposed to be 50 today.
    It was wild. Temps dropped 22* in a matter of minutes here.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It was wild. Temps dropped 22* in a matter of minutes here.

Yeah it wouldn’t be bad but the wind is blowing 25mph here.. looks nice from the inside looking out. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    When the front came thru here we lost power for around 8 hours.  Restored this AM just as I was gearing up to fire up the generator.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    In what world does the Dow gain 500 points on news that 10m Americans are out of work?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @thetrim So sorry. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    Father in Law is dying from chemo induced bone marrow cancer (MDS). 

To see such a strong friend and the biggest father figure I've had go this way is beyond horrific.  If you pray, please for God to take him home as soon as possible.

He passed early yesterday evening.  Thank you to all who prayed for him to be at peace. 

I really appreciate this group as an outlet to share personal triumphs, happy times, struggles, and tragedies.  There really isn't another spot online that I feel such a sense of family.  Even when we're beating each other up for our different perspectives, the forum here has such a great feel, and I appreciate all your friendships.

Cheers.  Raise one tonight for Rainer Theis pronounced "Tice" aka "Opa".

We got him an egg when he retired.  He didn't use his as much as many of us, but he was still an egghead for sure.
    Very sorry to hear. Though likely not quick enough, at least his departure was not too protracted. The best possible outcome in the circumstances. 
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Tip of the day: When you attach your sous vide to your stock pot on the stove, make sure you don't turn on your stove. 

That has me written all over it.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Little bit disappointed that Linda did not want to see my Stimulus Package at 3 am
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Sorry @thetrim difficult times my friend.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Sorry For your loss @thetrim
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I tossed a couple dry aged steaks in the stock pot and attached the sous vide and walked away. That was my intension anyway. I walk by the stock pot maybe 15 minutes later and I see steam coming from the stock pot. WTH? It took me a few seconds to realize the burner was on...

I asked my wife if she turned the stove on. She said no. I must have subconsciously turned it on when putting the stock pot on the stove. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I tossed a couple dry aged steaks in the stock pot and attached the sous vide and walked away. That was my intension anyway. I walk by the stock pot maybe 15 minutes later and I see steam coming from the stock pot. WTH? It took me a few seconds to realize the burner was on...

I asked my wife if she turned the stove on. She said no. I must have subconsciously turned it on when putting the stock pot on the stove. 
    Always a good play to try to scapegoat the wife first though. 😉