Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    All good solutions and suggestions gents....downside is everyone has camera security systems. Upside is we have all the video evidence of the nuisances we need. Enjoying a nice quiet day without the hubbub of a movie set today. Never in a million years would I have expected to have this kind of **** show in my own backyard 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Bottle of buck lure down the cowl vents.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    All good solutions and suggestions gents....downside is everyone has camera security systems. Upside is we have all the video evidence of the nuisances we need. Enjoying a nice quiet day without the hubbub of a movie set today. Never in a million years would I have expected to have this kind of **** show in my own backyard 
    Bombing drones?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Team NFA and the sauscutapalooza crew (@caliking @20stone @The Cen-Tex Smoker @Foghorn and whoever else I forgot) as well as @smokingal plan their cooks far in advance. I like fig jelly and bacon wrapped figs so:

Step 1: Buy a fig tree...

Stay tuned. I’ll be back in a year or so with the rest of the cook.
    I did note that you like bacon wrapped figs. Now that the figs  are taken care of... =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    At Great Wolf Lodge for Thumbs Up Mission retreat. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
     @ColbyLang If it's a Lifetime movie, did you at least meet Morgan Fairchild?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    thetrim said:
    It’s a true tragedy that aunt Becky got fired and she’s not around. Sorry for your loss on both fronts. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,843
    Options
    caliking said:
    SciAggie said:
    Team NFA and the sauscutapalooza crew (@caliking @20stone @The Cen-Tex Smoker @Foghorn and whoever else I forgot) as well as @smokingal plan their cooks far in advance. I like fig jelly and bacon wrapped figs so:

Step 1: Buy a fig tree...

Stay tuned. I’ll be back in a year or so with the rest of the cook.
    I did note that you like bacon wrapped figs. Now that the figs  are taken care of... =)
    Standing by @SciAggie

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That’s the thing, the house they’re filming at is the least likely house to have a movie shot at it on the whole block. I’ve yet to see anyone good looking enough to call em an actor. The producer is a guy from Cali that married a local girl. Griff Furst. A quick search shows he’s been in a few decent movies and produced his fair share of bad ones....I’m not mad at him, just mad at the situation. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @caliking Yeah, I didn’t think that all the way through did I?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    😳
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Digging the wok finish on @SciAggie SV carrots 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @gonepostal -   killer cook right there.  Congrats.  Dang...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    New Orleans bbq shrimps is the best 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Oddball video on the origin of the crescent in an outhouse door, with some history about the flush toilet.  
    https://youtu.be/J_HehTDrbdI

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Digging the wok finish on @SciAggie SV carrots 
    I’ve changed how I’ve been heating the MM. I leave about a 1/2 load of lump in the MM. Then I take a 1/2 chimney starter of blazing lump and dump on top. That produces lots of heat for stir frying. I’ve only done it twice now but I really like the way it is working for me. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Did another two turkey thighs tonight. Will probably turn them into another pot pie. Trying to work more vegetables into my diet. Also trying to reduce both eating out and not finishing Egged meat. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Where is the best site to post a gun for sale? 

All legit, FFL involved and all that, unless an in state local transfer per the laws. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Where is the best site to post a gun for sale? 

All legit, FFL involved and all that, unless an in state local transfer per the laws. 
    Gunbroker.com seems pretty legit.

A lot of folks transferred innfrom there when I worked at a gun shop.
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    ColbyLang said:
    So we called the police again....they showed up and basically told us there was absolutely nothing they could do other than enforce parking code. This was not a legal matter, it was zoning. I’ve never been so mad in my life. my neighbors have put money over their consideration for our homes and neighbors. My wife says she’s ready to sell and move. How selfish and stupid/naive can a person be to rent out their own home, their illegal air bnb and allow Lifetime to film a movie there and not think it would be an inconvenience for the neighbors?
    Fill some water balloons with Roundup and lob them across the fence at 3am. 

File down some toy jacks to points, and casually drop them where the trucks/vehicles park. 

What fresh hell is this?!?!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My buddy fixed a locked rotor while I demolished the old lighting in the paint booth.  Sunday new led lights go up.