Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited February 2020
    kl8ton said:

Hanging out on the Space Coast awaiting the Atlas V Rocket takeoff. 
    Looks like your on US 1 in Titusville. We're just down the road a bit.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Rolling Stones 2020 Tour sponsored by Metamucil 
  • ColtsFan said:
    Pretty stoked. Realtor called. Think I finally have a house.

Looking forward to the 2 acres, oversized 2 car garage and separate workshop. All 12 minutes from my office... Most importantly the egg space 

It's super hard to find a rural area in Bloomington that is still close to downtown/campus 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    @ColtsFan , that's awesome sir. Good for you guys!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • This is asked 3x a day 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088

Beeeeuuuuuutiful!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    SamIAm2 said:
    kl8ton said:

Hanging out on the Space Coast awaiting the Atlas V Rocket takeoff. 
    Looks like your on US 1 in Titusville. We're just down the road a bit.
    Yep!   
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    lousubcap said:
    Just joined the "Rolling Stones Fan Club" to get early access access to tickets for their  2020 "No Filter" tour rolling thru Louisville in June.  Saw them here at Churchill Downs in 2006 and in Montreal 1972.  Yes, all acts here are old!   B)
    They will be at Charlotte in July.  We missed Fleetwood Mac last year due to family issues (I told Cindy from the get go Stevie Nicks is the only woman I would ever cheat on her with).  For some reason she was ok with that.   I digress , trying to talk Mrs. B into a Stones weekend .  Nice uptown hotel room the whole works...she hates Mick but is ok with Richards. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Dobie said:
    lousubcap said:
    Just joined the "Rolling Stones Fan Club" to get early access access to tickets for their  2020 "No Filter" tour rolling thru Louisville in June.  Saw them here at Churchill Downs in 2006 and in Montreal 1972.  Yes, all acts here are old!   B)
    Saw some of their last tour aired recently, I like them but looked liked corpses on stage.
    They have survived time though and rare for the rockstar lifestyle. 
    What's curious is Mick is one of the healthiest guys of his age, ever, and Keith should've died decades ago but is still kicking, too; and both guys are still in the same band!!!  This amazes me.

Something else curious: I've seen the Doobie Bros twice, once under Tom Johnston and once under Michael McDonald; ticket prices were within my young budget.  I've always felt that the two albums they did with both leaders (Taking It To The Streets and Living on the Fault Line)  were the best things they've ever done (I know I'm in the minority here).  
    They are going on another "Farewell" tour, with BOTH TJ and MM (somehow the feathers were unruffled) and I'd love to see a show, but the ticket costs are beyond my "common sense" gauge (flight costs have surpassed that level for me too now, although retirement helps in that issue).  
    I'll buy the Bluray, assuming they're still made a year from now... 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Botch said:
    Dobie said:
    lousubcap said:
    Saw some of their last tour aired recently, I like them but looked liked corpses on stage.
    What's curious is Mick is one of the healthiest guys of his age, ever, and Keith should've died decades ago but is still kicking, too; and both guys are still in the same band!!!  This amazes me.

Something else curious: I've seen the Doobie Bros twice, once under Tom Johnston and once under Michael McDonald; ticket prices were within my young budget.  I've always felt that the two albums they did with both leaders (Taking It To The Streets and Living on the Fault Line)  were the best things they've ever done (I know I'm in the minority here).  
    They are going on another "Farewell" tour, with BOTH TJ and MM (somehow the feathers were unruffled) and I'd love to see a show, but the ticket costs are beyond my "common sense" gauge (flight costs have surpassed that level for me too now, although retirement helps in that issue).  
    I saw where Keith Richards recently quit smoking. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2020
    Acn said:

Beef stew over blue corn grits with gruyere.
    The before and after digestion all on one plate

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    SciAggie said:
    @Acn Did you just grind dried blue corn and cook as usual?
    @SciAggie - No, I just bought blue corn grits from Anson Mills.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Botch said:
    Dobie said:
    lousubcap said:

No need now that edibles are readily available.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SamIAm2
    kl8ton - What did you think of the launch? Worth the trip down?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • kl8ton
    pics in wrong order. 

Launch was really cool. Kids liked it.  

Phone on camera doesn't do it justice. 

Perfect night for it! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SamIAm2
    edited February 2020
    Glad you and the kiddos got to enjoy it. We used to drive up and stop at El Leoncito, probably across the street from where you parked,  and then watch Shuttle launches if I wasn't on the cape working. Was it loud where you were?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • kl8ton
    SamIAm2 said:
    Glad you and the kiddos got to enjoy it. We used to drive up and stop at El Leoncito, probably across the street from where you parked,  and then watch Shuttle launches if I wasn't on the cape working. Was it loud where you were?
    That's where we ate! After dinner we drove to Shilo's for front row parking. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    New oven install. Had to get it in before most of our employees arrived. Seam it together and have it fired by tomorrow afternoon 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    Botch said:
    Dobie said:
    lousubcap said:

No need now that edibles are readily available.
    True day.....he was smoking five packs a day. The tobacco industry will be significantly impacted. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow

• Pondering...

• Pondering...
    Swmbo bought me those for Christmas only they were in balls you hang on the tree. Good stuff but they are small morsels.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Pondering...
    Swmbo bought me those for Christmas only they were in balls you hang on the tree. Good stuff but they are small morsels.
    Your wife bought you meat balls for Christmas?  Were they those Schwetty Balls?
  • They were after I ate the Ghost Pepper jerky bite
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• So I decided to shape up the failed dough from yesterday and put it in the fridge to see what happens. 

Woke up to two big risen balls of dough. Will bake tonight. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Impressed with the Maryland MVA.  In and out in under 20 minutes for a drivers license renewal.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    So I decided to shape up the failed dough from yesterday and put it in the fridge to see what happens. 

Woke up to two big risen balls of dough. Will bake tonight. 
    Reminds me of Monty Python's Dead Parrot skit:
    "This yeast is dead!  this yeast has ceased to exist!"
    "No, it's just sleeping."  [/brit accent]

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure