Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Waiting for the Airbnb IPO myself.
    Jacksonville FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

My desk this afternoon.  Had to meet up with the internet installer for a second day.
    My desk this afternoon.  Had to meet up with the internet installer for a second day.

That had to suck......no where to set a drink down while you waited.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Working some OT at the hospital 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Facilitating active shooter training for my team. 

I have done a few of those.  Whenever a suitable local building got closed we were first in the queue to get access for a bit of big boys paint ball.

First one I did, back in  2010, I noticed how the change in mind-set hit home with my team.  
    In my part for the world, we tend to have the upper hand with firearms incident - with superior tactics, experience and equipment compared to the bad guy in either pre-planned or spontaneous events. 
    Active shooter was a game changer; scenes of destruction, being repeatedly shot at, taking multiple shots (no automatics on our side remember), colleagues getting shot, contact - cover & comms under-fire. 

Complex part of the business.  Preparing for it and sustaining skills is wildly at odds with the routine role.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Lit said:
    Just blew up the snow tube. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow morning.
    I could send you some. We had another deluge here yesterday. Happy to have traded in my sports car for an AWD vehicle. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850

The PL have introduced a ‘break’ this season.  However in  the only way the PL know how,  it’s a very liberal interpretation., i.e here is no break and it comes too late.  They have spread one game week across 2 weekends, whilst teams still in the FA Cup have to honour those commitments.   The purpose was to ease the meat grinder mid-season period.   That ended a few weeks ago, so a the damage is done.

On the plus side, I won’t jam up the thread this time next week. Albeit Stoke will have played 4 times by the time the PL is back.  Apparently humans who are paid less than others are immune to fatigue.  Who knew?   

Ok, enough liberalist nonsense, here we go;

Today

Lunch time : Everton v Palace.  We are in terminal decline, a draw is the best we can hope for.  But 2-0 to the Toffees feels inevitable.    (FYI - real football fans like me and @eoin don’t believe in boom and bust,  it’s just gloom and bust)

Tea time

Brighton v Watford,  both losing badly would be optional.  Genuinely could go either way. 2-1 Brighton just to rub salt in my wounds.

Sunday

Lunch time : Sheff Its v Bournemouth : easy home win.   2:0.  That’s all I got.

Tea time : Man City v West Ham : as above

Friday : Wolves v Leicester : cracking match on the cards here.  2:2.

Saturday (again)

Lunchtime : Southampton v Burnley, given Saints form this will be routine home win. 2:0

Teatime : Norwich v Liverpool,  the Red roll on,  they won’t win the league after this victory - but its edging closer.  Soon Norwich capitulate in the league the better,  only 2 relegation spots left to avoid for the rest of us.

Sunday

Lunch time : Villa v Spurs - hosts will fight hard, Spurs are a bit odd - but should have enough. 1-2 away win,

Tea time  : Arsenal : Newcastle, won’t be easy for the Gunners but they should find a way. 1-0 home win.

Monday : Chelsea v Man Utd - two big news teams collide.  The hosts are still in transition and the visitors are still a circus.  2-1 Chelsea. 

There you go and remember - the Six Nations is underway, too.  So a decent bout of proper rugby is on show. Typically England have fluffed the first match - the poor souls are still sad about being crap in the World Cup final.  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    So we called the police again....they showed up and basically told us there was absolutely nothing they could do other than enforce parking code. This was not a legal matter, it was zoning. I’ve never been so mad in my life. my neighbors have put money over their consideration for our homes and neighbors. My wife says she’s ready to sell and move. How selfish and stupid/naive can a person be to rent out their own home, their illegal air bnb and allow Lifetime to film a movie there and not think it would be an inconvenience for the neighbors?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    ColbyLang said:
    So we called the police again....they showed up and basically told us there was absolutely nothing they could do other than enforce parking code. This was not a legal matter, it was zoning. I’ve never been so mad in my life. my neighbors have put money over their consideration for our homes and neighbors. My wife says she’s ready to sell and move. How selfish and stupid/naive can a person be to rent out their own home, their illegal air bnb and allow Lifetime to film a movie there and not think it would be an inconvenience for the neighbors?

Don't know where you live but most states, it seems, have film boards/commissions that like to throw taxpayer money at film companies to entice them to film in their state.
    So...look on the bright side, you're also quite likely helping to pay for Lifetime to make their film next door. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

Don't know where you live but most states, it seems, have film boards/commissions that like to throw taxpayer money at film companies to entice them to film in their state.
    So...look on the bright side, you're also quite likely helping to pay for Lifetime to make their film next door. :)
    Louisiana, home of tax grants and cheap movies. Our local gov’t requires filming permits. New mayor fires person heading that department when he brings in his new/own administration. Replacement yet to be hired. Therefore, filming can go on without proper permits, parking plans, schedules, security, etc. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Just got woke.  Gonna walk the dog, then it's off to the FanFest for the Tampa Bay Rays w my daughter.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    thetrim said:
    Just got woke.  Gonna walk the dog, then it's off to the FanFest for the Tampa Bay Rays w my daughter.

• At LGA, getting ready to board the flight back home.

Nice visit at Columbia yesterday, despite the crummy weather.  Got to meet up with my cousin who lives in the city for drinks and dinner.  We went to some Argentinian steak place that was really pretty good.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    edited February 2020
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Thinking about it. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    thetrim said:
    #girldad  Kobe'd be proud
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Friend of mine sent me this:

Reminds me of the blinker fluid videos on YouTube 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited February 2020
    Lit said:
    Just blew up the snow tube. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow morning.
    I could send you some. We had another deluge here yesterday. Happy to have traded in my sports car for an AWD vehicle. 
    We are doing pretty good for Georgia. Probably gonna end up with 6” of accumulation or so.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    ColbyLang said:
    Fill some water balloons with Roundup and lob them across the fence at 3am. 

File down some toy jacks to points, and casually drop them where the trucks/vehicles park. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Fill some water balloons with Roundup and lob them across the fence at 3am. 

File down some toy jacks to points, and casually drop them where the trucks/vehicles park. 

Rock salt will do just as well without leaving evidence. Maybe scatter some shrimp heads in their shrubbery.