Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Pouting and ordering pizza. My fire box broke, I mean it's been cracked, but it broke and collapsed rendering the egg out of service. Called my dealer. Ordered the new fire box. Then ordered a KAB, because once the wallet is open why not? Dealer called today. Your box is in. Outstanding!! Drove 20 miles to my dealer, an ACE Hardware, the mothership sent a medium box. I have a large. The order says large. They won't give me a box out of a floor model.

I did get get two bags of Rockwood for $42.62, but I'm still bummed I can't egg until sometime next week.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Talk about not treating a known customer right...that type behavior leads to loss of business.  Hopefully they can beat the predicted arrival time. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My name is big al and I hit dingers.  I’m also headed toward drunk.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Can you do this?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Can you do this?
    Nope.  I’m not paper maché
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @DoubleEgger  I have likely asked this before (LEO in play tonight)  but you can get that stuffing closure and cook with a single 2 LB (+/-) tenderloin??  I obviously need to put more emphasis on my meat beating technique  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Dobie said:

That looks perfect to me! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger  I have likely asked this before (LEO in play tonight)  but you can get that stuffing closure and cook with a single 2 LB (+/-) tenderloin??  I obviously need to put more emphasis on my meat beating technique  =)
    I use a knife to get it thin. Just a very minimal amount of pounding. This stuffing was easier than the typical spinach/mushroom I usually do. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fellows you ever have something weird happen that you can’t figure out? I had one this morning. Received a large envelope from overseas.  

It’s got me scratching my head.  
    It isn't oily, or smelling of almonds, is it??   :s

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    made some classic stoner food...(but not stoned,  sadly)... by raiding the refrigerator 

Options
    SGH said:
    Just tried some chargrilled oysters at a new restaurant here in Biloxi. 

It's like you don't even know how to cook anymore...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    SGH said:

I have honestly about forgot how. Got to get back in the game for sure. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:

I have honestly about forgot how. Got to get back in the game for sure. 
    Brother, I'm hosting a Labor Day weekend party next Saturday. If you can make your way up here, I'll gladly show you the ropes. I think there might be a SRF brisket in the freezer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Watching Leaving Las Vegas. Forgot how truly depressing and fantastic movie it really is. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    If you're on twitter and love baseball, I highly recommend following Titanic Baseball.  You don't need to love Titanic, even though I'm sure many of you do.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    made some classic stoner food...(but not stoned,  sadly)... by raiding the refrigerator 

Stoner food???? More like going through the hor d’ouevre line at a wedding reception 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

All this time I thought classic stoner food was a bag of cool ranch doritos.  You’re living the high life, my friend.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Or Taco Bell.  hehehehehehe
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    thetrim said:
    If you're on twitter and love baseball, I highly recommend following Titanic Baseball.  You don't need to love Titanic, even though I'm sure many of you do.
    And now that damn songs stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

Is that what I think it is? Beef tongue?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @dmw yup. Tacos tomorrow.