Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Dude, you gonna need a lot of club to hit that thing!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just lit the egg, sitting in the sun, drinking some iced tea and reading a book.  Lazy mornings are the best.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    One and done on the field this am. Now enjoying a bloody. Bout to have lunch then throw on some beef back ribs and chicken thighs. Been a week and a half since I've lit a fire. Looking forward to it. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Lit said:
    My parents passed me down this old farm bell from my grandparents farm in Illinois and I finally got around to cleaning it up and getting it hung. 
    @Lit
    I really like nostalgic stuff such as that.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to do a little camping. Backpacking South Mountains State Park this weekend. No egging until Sunday. Here's a shot of my trailer:

Looks like a new Osprey. I have one. BADASS bags my friend. Is it new? I carry 38L for 2-3 dayers. I have an UL EF Kelty K2 for weekers.
    @YukonRon, actually it's a 2011 model with about 200 miles on it. Great pack! My son has an Osprey Atmos 65 which is also a really sweet pack. Much lighter than my Aether. Both packs are beast, will stand up to anything. Only issue we've had is we both had 3L bladders and his sprang a leak while we were in Philmont. Since we bought the bladder at REI, they took it back, no questions asked. 

BTW, it was a hot and humid weekend for hiking. All up hills the first 2 days and all down today. The down hurts worse than the up with these old knees!

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Doing a couple racks of BBRs.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Finished rewiring the boat, adding some new electronics.  Everything works now (boat was a salvage - sank).

Went out Sat morning, launched at Myrtle Grove Marina around port Sulfur.   Tore up reds, almost maxed out and they were good sized 

Hell of a salvage Cary!  Love that!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready to do a little camping. Backpacking South Mountains State Park this weekend. No egging until Sunday. Here's a shot of my trailer:

Looks like a new Osprey. I have one. BADASS bags my friend. Is it new? I carry 38L for 2-3 dayers. I have an UL EF Kelty K2 for weekers.
    @YukonRon, actually it's a 2011 model with about 200 miles on it. Great pack! My son has an Osprey Atmos 65 which is also a really sweet pack. Much lighter than my Aether. Both packs are beast, will stand up to anything. Only issue we've had is we both had 3L bladders and his sprang a leak while we were in Philmont. Since we bought the bladder at REI, they took it back, no questions asked. 

BTW, it was a hot and humid weekend for hiking. All up hills the first 2 days and all down today. The down hurts worse than the up with these old knees!

I carry a platypus and a couple nalgenes. Mine has space for a bladder, and I will use it on a day hike occasionally. But the plat 4L gets it done in 20 mins.
    That pack looks great. Mine is about 5 years old and looks great, has about the same linear as you. Osprey is just the best pack and lifetime warranty.
    I totally understand the issues on stepping down. Takes me twice the amount time descent than the path up. 
    Have fun, stay hydrated, dont forget the 'Lytes.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

I carry a platypus and a couple nalgenes. Mine has space for a bladder, and I will use it on a day hike occasionally. But the plat 4L gets it done in 20 mins.
    That pack looks great. Mine is about 5 years old and looks great, has about the same linear as you. Osprey is just the best pack and lifetime warranty.
    I totally understand the issues on stepping down. Takes me twice the amount time descent than the path up. 
    Edit:  "don't forget the slushies ".
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Edit:  "don't forget the slushies ".
    Those too

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    I just started "The Chicken" from Naked Whiz. I've never made it, but It smells delicious! I'll make a thread later with pics
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Starting my burnt ends!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Starting my burnt ends!Fantastic!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Meat candy!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • northGAcock
    Options
    One and done on the field this am. Now enjoying a bloody. Bout to have lunch then throw on some beef back ribs and chicken thighs. Been a week and a half since I've lit a fire. Looking forward to it. 
    Welcome home. Looks like you guys had a great trip. Outstanding to say the least.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Sitting in the car in the garage while baby girl naps. She loves her Play Doh! 

What a great picture.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    My parents passed me down this old farm bell from my grandparents farm in Illinois and I finally got around to cleaning it up and getting it hung. 
    Where at in Illinois?
  • ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    Making smoked salmon with Raging River  and an egg / sausage bake for the family.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Where at in Illinois?
    Farm is in Macomb. 
  • ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    My daughters love it when we do French toast and bacon on the egg.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Pre making 12 meals to put in freezer.  Pizza kits taco kits spaghetti kits and some lentil soup.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Thinking about bed while these other buttmints are contemplating how late they'll stay up.....
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Yardzee with the fam at the campground.
    Aunt Arlene rollin' a Large Straight.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    Options
    Did breakfast this morning that consisted of homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. Little girl had pancakes and sausage.  

Walmart had some beef ribs (not sure the type, not the big ones, think beef back). 

Did pizzas and a calzone for dinner.  

A great day on the egg I see. All derserve a round of applause! 

• YukonRon
    Options
    Did breakfast this morning that consisted of homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. Little girl had pancakes and sausage.  

Walmart had some beef ribs (not sure the type, not the big ones, think beef back). 

Did pizzas and a calzone for dinner.  

A great day on the egg I see. All derserve a round of applause! 
    Did some BBRs today, low and slow. Served up the last of the sauce you had sent to me. My Beautiful Wife is totally spoiled now, she loves carolina mustard sauce. Just wanted to thank you again. I am learning so much. Great on everything.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Did some BBRs today, low and slow. Served up the last of the sauce you had sent to me. My Beautiful Wife is totally spoiled now, she loves carolina mustard sauce. Just wanted to thank you again. I am learning so much. Great on everything.
    Glad you guys enjoyed. Tell her there is more to be had.....

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Manual escavation of Mutha Earf today.
    Worst part of the project complete.

The Toyonka seems to run better with a little bit of weight in the bed.  =)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."