Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Another good day.  Wrapped up an hour ago.
    Decided to run with the sloping of my yard instead of fighting it, with one raised edge.  
    Wanted a slab I could mow over and carry on.
    Opted out of the stupid edging.

The slope should help drain the grease. Kinda cool to have the drip pan outside of the cooker.  Ordered a Volrath drip pan to foil each cook.  When the KBQ is put away, this will be a nice firepit spot.  Picked up some Valspar Natural Sealer and a new rubber mallet to push it up to $140 total.  

Slab is solid.  Not much wiggle room. Will fill in the edges after sealing, and let the IL State Prairie area fill in on its own.  Time will tell if runoff will be a factor.

Friend gave me a mint twig last fall.  Didn't think it would survive.  Sh!t has gone wild in the corner.  There are a couple hostas in there.  Why couldn't basil do this? Lol
    May have to whip up some Mojitos soon.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Focker said:
    Decided to run with the sloping of my yard instead of fighting it, with one raised edge.  

The slope should help drain the grease. Kinda cool to have the drip pan outside of the cooker.  Ordered a Volrath drip pan to foil each cook.  When the KBQ is put away, this will be a nice firepit spot.  Picked up some Valspar Natural Sealer and a new rubber mallet to push it up to $140 total.  

Slab is solid.  Not much wiggle room. Will fill in the edges after sealing.  Time will tell if runoff will be a factor.

Friend gave me a mint twig last fall.  Didn't think it would survive.  Sh!t has gone wild in the corner.  Why couldn't basil do this? Lol

That's a crap load of mojitos! Looks great my man!

Dad has said for years " it's hell getting old". He usually said this after working like a man 1/2 his age. I don't know how he did it for so long. 
  • Focker
    Focker said:

Slab is solid.  Not much wiggle room. Will fill in the edges after sealing.  Time will tell if runoff will be a factor.

Friend gave me a mint twig last fall.  Didn't think it would survive.  Sh!t has gone wild in the corner.  Why couldn't basil do this? Lol

That's a crap load of mojitos! Looks great my man!

Dad has said for years " it's hell getting old". He usually said this after working like a man 1/2 his age. I don't know how he did it for so long. 
    Thanks Pete.

He's still getting it done!
    One of many qualities, I love about your "Ol' Man". 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,027
    Focker said:

Two more rows each direction, and you could've had a life-size chessboard, using local neighborhood wenches as pieces!  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Focker
    edited June 2016
    Botch said:
    Focker said:

Two more rows each direction, and you could've had a life-size chessboard, using local neighborhood wenches as pieces!  
    May have to revisit this. Hahahaha
    I'm all about multi-purposing. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Looks great @Focker!  Didn't know you had lush clover carpets like in the south.  Most northern lawns are nice without care.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Focker said:

Slab is solid.  Not much wiggle room. Will fill in the edges after sealing, and let the IL State Prairie area fill in on its own.  Time will tell if runoff will be a factor.

Friend gave me a mint twig last fall.  Didn't think it would survive.  Sh!t has gone wild in the corner.  There are a couple hostas in there.  Why couldn't basil do this? Lol

Nice!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Bought me a couple of jackets today. For the record, I have never wore a suit in 54 years. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Looks like something those rabid Buckeye fans would do too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,548
    @SGH -  and the prompting was... inquiring minds want to know...I'm guessing the press room for the July 4th Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest...but I could be wrong  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    edited June 2016
    Looks great @Focker!  Didn't know you had lush clover carpets like in the south.  Most northern lawns are nice without care.  
    Thanks Matt.
    Went a little whimsical for this magic carpet ride. 
    It will take 2 days to recover from this.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    Bought me a couple of jackets today. For the record, I have never wore a suit in 54 years. 

Why start?  Guessing new job.  Those jackets are way too small!  You need another tailor  ;)
  • Focker
    bgebrent said:
    Focker said:

Nice!  
    Thanks Brent.
    Now I have to split and chop some wood during the wait.  Maiden voyage will be Berkwood spares with Black Cherry. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:

Why start?  Guessing new job.  Those jackets are way too small!  You need another tailor  ;)
    Sadly they are a little tight through the belly my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:

Sadly they are a little tight through the belly my friend. 
    Happily my friend.
  • Meds giving me wicked insomnia!

I'm addicted to this game Husker. Hit me up sometime username JeffnLindsey
    Snellville, GA

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Thanks Tarheel
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Coastal Carolina for the win! On to tomorrow!!!! Woohoo!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Just left the Dr.'s office, wondering how the hell I caught an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis in the middle of the summer. Only me. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,719
    Just left the Dr.'s office, wondering how the hell I caught an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis in the middle of the summer. Only me. 
    Take care of that and hope you get to feel better soon..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    Interesting, what size egg?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    ;) Botch said:
    Focker said:

Naked? Not since naked twister have I been this interested in a game
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Ordered some Papa John's and waiting to cheer on my homeboy @Jeremiah 's Chanticleers!  Go Chants! :rock_on:
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    I'm pumped about game three as well. I actually know more than one alumn. Cool to see them make it this far, but finish it boys!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
     I'm getting my car's tires rotated.
  • bgebrent
  • bgebrent
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,186
    bgebrent said:
    Lol!  I had the dial-up loading going on .... couldn't figure out why the jet was so low, and how you were under it to get the picture.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Made a batch of The Chicken after being inspired by @ColtsFan.  

Turned out pretty good.  The sauce was great!

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA