Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    While on thanks-not there but certainly enjoyed the forum posts throughout.  And I eagerly await the profound brisket knowledge that will be forthcoming.  :)
    @nolaegghead-what a community organizer-next up is the Senate and then...
    :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Couldn't even break 300?! If you did even Judy one ribeye, then I could read this thread impressed! [-(
    Dunedin, FL
  • travisstrick
    Options
    lakewade said:
    Awesome time. Thanks to everyone, especially Nola! Will post more photos when we get home and sober up.

Just beautiful. Cen Tex with a Shiner and a total troll shirt. I'm still pissed I missed it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    While on thanks-not there but certainly enjoyed the forum posts throughout.  And I eagerly await the profound brisket knowledge that will be forthcoming.  :)
    @nolaegghead-what a community organizer-next up is the Senate and then...
    :)>-
    Are you sayin @nolaegghead for Pres. Hmmmmm...   [-O<

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    There's no doubt we could pool our resources and buy him a political office in Louisiana.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lakewade said:
    Awesome time. Thanks to everyone, especially Nola! Will post more photos when we get home and sober up.

Just beautiful. Cen Tex with a Shiner and a total troll shirt. I'm still pissed I missed it.

ha ha. You nailed it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @SGH incredibly jealous of the time you had with other forum members
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• flynnbob
    Options
    Ladies & Gents,

I really had a good time following this.  Count me in for next year!
    Milton, GA.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @SGH please pass on info on the knives you were showing?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited September 2014
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    We had a blast, wished we could have hung longer but the 5am wake up comes too quick. Thanks for all the hospitality from everyone there!
    @U_tarded I really enjoyed meeting and talking with the both of you. I hope you can get a Fest or "Camp" started up in your neck of the woods. Make it happen and we will be there.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @TigerTony It was great meeting and hanging out with you. Thanks for helping load up NOLAegghead's truck to get the "Camp" started. Next time we are in the Big Easy I will be taking you up on your offer. And your boudin sausage was OUTSTANDING!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    A little snackimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

A little snackimage

You are non-stop dude. I'm still tripped out from meeting you. Straight up awesome. You are a full blown riot. How's the party Monster feeling today?
  • SGH
    Options
    Party Monster is sick and sun burnt bad!! He loves it though.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    And the honor was mine brother Tex.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I sure will brother Mick.

Status- Standing by.

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    SGH do you do oysters raw? That's the only way I like them. A little lemon juice, and a splash of tobasco.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Party Monster is sick and sun burnt bad!! He loves it though.

Sounds like he did it up right then.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

@Mickey‌
    I sure will brother Mick.

Those knives were awesome. Please send the website where you got them too. I know you told Me but I was going toe-to-toe with the party monster on beers (I lost) I'm all
    In on those bad boys.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Hibby I just shucked and ate 2 dozen raw. Shucking a few more dozen as we speak to eat raw.imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I sure will brother Tex.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    If I only could shuck faster.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @‌Austin Egghead
    I will be glad too brother.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    @‌Austin Egghead I will be glad too brother.

she's a sister.
  • Hotch
    Options

@NOLAEgghead Thanks for the invite and putting on the Brisket Camp. We had the best time meeting and hanging out with you and all of the other Eggheads. You guys are great. And all of the food was fantastic.

For those that did not get the opportunity to attend, I and others most likely, will be posting the pics as we unwind and unload. I know we took quite a few. Below is where the annual "Brisket Camp" begins.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Oops. My bad sister.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Options

@SGH It was a great pleasure to meet both you and your wonderful wife. I can say I learned a hell of a lot from the "Camp". It will all be put to good use here in Texas.

Next time we are in your part of the country I will be stopping by. And you and you family are welcome here anytime. I hope you guys can make it to Salado in the Spring.

I will be calling for the tenderloin recipe. I believe that was the best damn thing cooked at the "Camp" That $30.00 brisket was real good, but nowhere close to tenderloin.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Oops. My bad sister.

I can't wait for you to meet her, egg obsessed, and spring hen (along with many others). You have to come to mickey's fest in salado at the bare minimum. All the cool lady eggers come to Salado ;). (I know there are many more out there- don't hate).
  • SGH
    Options
    I thought why notimageimage

Status- Standing by.