Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

1301730183019302030213023»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    Thought you might like this, @botch. At music clubs in downtown Mérida, they have SPL meters opposite the stage. They use them to ensure they are not exceeding municipal noise bylaws, but I like them from an audience member perspective. 

Our soundman had a handheld unit he used, he was a stickler for that stuff.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,278
    At the airport.  Giving a talk at Columbia University tomorrow.

Connecting for dinner tonight with a former PhD student who runs a quant group at Cubist. Thankfully, he’s paying!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,509
    Went to an escape room for the first time with the fam. It was a pretty fun time. This one was a Star Trek themed one. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,829

Connecting for dinner tonight with a former PhD student who runs a quant group at Cubist. Thankfully, he’s paying!
    Every now and then I read a post and think,”even if I didn’t see who posted that I would know who did”. This is one of those post.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Botch said:
    Thought you might like this, @botch. At music clubs in downtown Mérida, they have SPL meters opposite the stage. They use them to ensure they are not exceeding municipal noise bylaws, but I like them from an audience member perspective. 

I use an app called “SPL Meter”. Never AB’d it against another meter, but likely should. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    Botch said:

I use an app called “SPL Meter”. Never AB’d it against another meter, but likely should. 
    Don't think "apps" were a thing for us, back then!   ;)

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,278
    shtgunal3 said:

Every now and then I read a post and think,”even if I didn’t see who posted that I would know who did”. This is one of those post.
    I’ll take it as a compliment ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,389
    Costco run today, a few of the items not on the list that came home . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,784
    @dbCooper Costco is the worst 😂🤣

paqman said:
    @dbCooper Costco is the worst 😂🤣
    Worst and best, we dropped in for three items, $65 USD or so.  Left with $400+ spent and no regrets, actually appreciation.  Love Costco.  🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,960

The nights are drawing in, the temperature falling daily and there’s mist, mist that obscures the light and any view in to the distance.   But that’s what it’s like in the bottom 3 for Palace.   The carved pumpkins are laughing at, not with us - this season.  In other news, other teams seem to be doing fine and I am genuinely thrilled for them.  Would be nicer if they all started losing more often, but I guess when it’s your turn in the barrel and all that…….

Tonight

Leicester v Forest, the second most contested East Midlands derby, the most involves Forest’s derby with Derby - but that’s not important right now.  Should be lots of fun, people calling each other ‘duck’ and reminiscing about the coal mining days. 2-2

Saturday

Villa v Bournemouth - great start by Villa in all regards and formats, the Cherries none too shabby either, 2-1

Brentford v Ipswich - this is the sort of match which proves why the PL is tough - just can’t see the Tractor Boys getting anything from this at all. 2-0

Brighton v Wolves - meh, another gift wrapped no effort needed three points for the Filthies. One point from 8 games for Wolves tells its own story, but a win takes them out of the bottom three - and I wouldn’t put it past the Filthies to permit that just to screw over the mighty Eagles. But, 3-0

Man City v Southampton - 4-0

Everton v Fulham - unbeaten in three the Toffees won’t fear this like they might have three game weeks ago. Hard to call but the wind has dropped from the Cottagers sails recently. 1-0

Sunday

Chelsea v Newcastle - the Toon are at it again, pretending to be top 6 staples and then tripping over themselves. And all seemed rosey for the Chels recently, then a draw and a defeat which could, maybe might, bring back the colly-wobbles.  Interesting game at an interesting stage, but Toon are gun shy in front of goal. 2-0 

Palace v Spurs - oh for flip sake, whatever madcap adventures Spurs have been on they always find form against Palace.  This is unlikely to be the moment it all clicks for Palace, more likely further evidence of why Oli G, presently helming Palace, should be preparing for unexpectedly having a lot more free time in the lead up to Christmas. 0-2

West Ham v Man Utd - more crazy business here as there two odd-ball’s confront one another. Offshore Jim has so far proved to be excellent at trimming the wage bill of non-paying staff at Old Trafford, and charging disabled people more to park near the ground, while the Hammers continue to splutter.  One team could come alive and run away with this, or both could convert the game to a version of cognitive behaviour therapy and just chat about stuff for 90 minutes. 1-1

Arsenal v Liverpool, the Gunners aka rd card enthusiasts host the Red wall, given their miserly 3 conceded goals this season so far. Home win would be highly significant for the table and burgeoning title race. Feels a long shot though.  0-1, probably a red card for the Gunners. 

Don’t forget to turn your clocks back tomorrow night. Or don’t bother, as an act of defiance against the flawed human fabrication that we call time. Some say the sun comes up, performs a natural arc across the sky and then sets - and that's all that matters.  But they are idiots because we know the sun doesn’t move, we do - and it’s that kind of egocentric thinking which caused all this mess in the first place. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,031
    CPFC1905 said:

The nights are drawing in, the temperature falling daily and there’s mist, mist that obscures the light and any view in to the distance.   But that’s what it’s like in the bottom 3 for Palace.   The carved pumpkins are laughing at, not with us - this season.  In other news, other teams seem to be doing fine and I am genuinely thrilled for them.  Would be nicer if they all started losing more often, but I guess when it’s your turn in the barrel and all that…….

Tonight

Leicester v Forest, the second most contested East Midlands derby, the most involves Forest’s derby with Derby - but that’s not important right now.  Should be lots of fun, people calling each other ‘duck’ and reminiscing about the coal mining days. 2-2

Saturday

Villa v Bournemouth - great start by Villa in all regards and formats, the Cherries none too shabby either, 2-1

Brentford v Ipswich - this is the sort of match which proves why the PL is tough - just can’t see the Tractor Boys getting anything from this at all. 2-0

Brighton v Wolves - meh, another gift wrapped no effort needed three points for the Filthies. One point from 8 games for Wolves tells its own story, but a win takes them out of the bottom three - and I wouldn’t put it past the Filthies to permit that just to screw over the mighty Eagles. But, 3-0

Man City v Southampton - 4-0

Everton v Fulham - unbeaten in three the Toffees won’t fear this like they might have three game weeks ago. Hard to call but the wind has dropped from the Cottagers sails recently. 1-0

Sunday

Chelsea v Newcastle - the Toon are at it again, pretending to be top 6 staples and then tripping over themselves. And all seemed rosey for the Chels recently, then a draw and a defeat which could, maybe might, bring back the colly-wobbles.  Interesting game at an interesting stage, but Toon are gun shy in front of goal. 2-0 

Palace v Spurs - oh for flip sake, whatever madcap adventures Spurs have been on they always find form against Palace.  This is unlikely to be the moment it all clicks for Palace, more likely further evidence of why Oli G, presently helming Palace, should be preparing for unexpectedly having a lot more free time in the lead up to Christmas. 0-2

West Ham v Man Utd - more crazy business here as there two odd-ball’s confront one another. Offshore Jim has so far proved to be excellent at trimming the wage bill of non-paying staff at Old Trafford, and charging disabled people more to park near the ground, while the Hammers continue to splutter.  One team could come alive and run away with this, or both could convert the game to a version of cognitive behaviour therapy and just chat about stuff for 90 minutes. 1-1

Arsenal v Liverpool, the Gunners aka rd card enthusiasts host the Red wall, given their miserly 3 conceded goals this season so far. Home win would be highly significant for the table and burgeoning title race. Feels a long shot though.  0-1, probably a red card for the Gunners. 

Don’t forget to turn your clocks back tomorrow night. Or don’t bother, as an act of defiance against the flawed human fabrication that we call time. Some say the sun comes up, performs a natural arc across the sky and then sets - and that's all that matters.  But they are idiots because we know the sun doesn’t move, we do - and it’s that kind of egocentric thinking which caused all this mess in the first place. 

Thank you as always.  You got it perfect this week.  I'm going to use this info and will be a very rich man by Monday.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX