Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 247
    preservatives.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    Apparently freedom of speech ends at the Post Office door.  Sending a BBQ prize and labeling it “Da Bomb”. “Careful Dangerous” “chemicals on board” is frowned upon.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,657

I am a spectator at an ultimate frisbee event. A random guy was just handing these out. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    kl8ton said:

I am a spectator at an ultimate frisbee event. A random guy was just handing these out. 
    Was he wearing a wig?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,716
    You should read it again.  Great writing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

Was he wearing a wig?
    Never saw him. He was behind me and handed it over my shoulder. I said thanks and turned but so many people were back there...  No horses galloping away into the tree line either. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    lousubcap said:
    You should read it again.  Great writing.  
    I was reading it. I plan to read it all again and have my kids do the same.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,960

Sometimes it’s about seeing the big picture.  It’s about setting aside personal reservations and meeting the needs of the group. And so despite Palace’s abject early season form, I will nonetheless give my legion followers what they yearn for. Ten more solid pewter a-like forecasts. And savour each of them because those pesky internationals are back next week, so you’ll need to struggle through that weekend without my compass.

Saturday 

Palace v Liverpool, never the highlight of my season despite the occasional positive outcome, which in this case is anything but a thrashing. On the plus side, the Reds are hot off a Euro fixture.  Lurking in the background is the looming spectre of November, being the traditional manager sacking month and our man should be worried. Tough times and 1-2 is the very best I can see.

Arsenal v Southampton, routine 3-0 and a display of the degree of difference between title chasers and relegation fodder.

Brentford v Wolves, Bees looking reliable and almost nailed on for about 10th place finish.  The Old Gold are struggling, badly. 3-0

Leicester v Bournemouth, The Cherries were where the Foxes are, last season.  The result from this match will be a strong indicator if the Foxes can find a way to survive or are outgunned by mid-table teams. 1-2

Man City v Fulham, the Cottagers are no push over and will pose a threat.  I can only see a home win because of the weight of talent available, but far from simple. 2-1

West Ham v Ipswich, Hammers have hit reverse and the Tractors Boys are four draws from four meaning 14th host 15th. First  win, and an away win at that for the new boys? 0-1

Everton v Newcastle, the Toffees received the traditional benevolence of Palace last week and will be less gloomy. Toon have faltered but will re-established their footing this time out. 0-2

Sunday

Villa v Man Utd, what the flip is going on with Utd?  I mean I am not sad, but something is proper wonky there, right? 2-0

Chelsea v Forest, the Blues are flying now and the infinite monkey / Shakespeare option deployed by Todd Boehly has paid off. Could be 3, 4, or 5-0. 

Brighton v Spurs, lustre has peeled away from the strong start to the season for the Filths but hey, this is Spurs who have won three on the bounce now.  It will therefore be; 0-0 or 17-4, or 0-6, or in fact converted in to a camp fire sing song. 2-2

And sadly, the cricket season has now come to an end. Let’s stay strong through these tough times. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,032
    CPFC1905 said:

Sometimes it’s about seeing the big picture.  It’s about setting aside personal reservations and meeting the needs of the group. And so despite Palace’s abject early season form, I will nonetheless give my legion followers what they yearn for. Ten more solid pewter a-like forecasts. And savour each of them because those pesky internationals are back next week, so you’ll need to struggle through that weekend without my compass.

Saturday 

Palace v Liverpool, never the highlight of my season despite the occasional positive outcome, which in this case is anything but a thrashing. On the plus side, the Reds are hot off a Euro fixture.  Lurking in the background is the looming spectre of November, being the traditional manager sacking month and our man should be worried. Tough times and 1-2 is the very best I can see.

Arsenal v Southampton, routine 3-0 and a display of the degree of difference between title chasers and relegation fodder.

Brentford v Wolves, Bees looking reliable and almost nailed on for about 10th place finish.  The Old Gold are struggling, badly. 3-0

Leicester v Bournemouth, The Cherries were where the Foxes are, last season.  The result from this match will be a strong indicator if the Foxes can find a way to survive or are outgunned by mid-table teams. 1-2

Man City v Fulham, the Cottagers are no push over and will pose a threat.  I can only see a home win because of the weight of talent available, but far from simple. 2-1

West Ham v Ipswich, Hammers have hit reverse and the Tractors Boys are four draws from four meaning 14th host 15th. First  win, and an away win at that for the new boys? 0-1

Everton v Newcastle, the Toffees received the traditional benevolence of Palace last week and will be less gloomy. Toon have faltered but will re-established their footing this time out. 0-2

Sunday

Villa v Man Utd, what the flip is going on with Utd?  I mean I am not sad, but something is proper wonky there, right? 2-0

Chelsea v Forest, the Blues are flying now and the infinite monkey / Shakespeare option deployed by Todd Boehly has paid off. Could be 3, 4, or 5-0. 

Brighton v Spurs, lustre has peeled away from the strong start to the season for the Filths but hey, this is Spurs who have won three on the bounce now.  It will therefore be; 0-0 or 17-4, or 0-6, or in fact converted in to a camp fire sing song. 2-2

And sadly, the cricket season has now come to an end. Let’s stay strong through these tough times. 

Thank you as always.  Fulham must be better than I think.  Either that or it will take some lapses by Man City to keep the game as close as you're predicting.  Most games, they're not even playing for the win as that is a given.  They're just playing for future playing time.  The better Pep likes how a player plays this weekend the more playing time he will get going forward, ideally in the most important games against the big teams.  I'm thinking at least 3-0 on that one.

As for Man U, I keep thinking that they are Spursy and that they could bring their A game to any match and compete with anyone.  This game against the Villains would be a good time for them to show up.  However, like you with Palace, I'm coming to grips with the fact that they are a mediocre 3rd quartile team that doesn't even deserve to be in the Europa League next year.  They're not 1 year away from glory like I have been thinking.  They are at least 3-5 years away if not more.

I'll also be curious to see if Arsenal are still Arsenal and they will find a way to make a game that should be relatively easy into one that is close and tense.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,671
    Looking at yet another yet another hurricane. Right now they think coming into Tampa Bay and going between Orlando and Kissimmee. Also supposed to be a class 3 going in and a class one when it hits the Atlantic.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,839
    SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching Grand Sumo. Don’t laugh; it’s addictive. 
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    That’s a tough one. Probably Endō. 
    Day two and Endō is 2-0 so far, early days but his Tachi-ai is pretty good. My favorite wrestler Terunofuji was injured the last basho so it's former Ozeki Shodi, also at 2-0,  I will be watching.
    @SamIAm2. Onosato was a beast this tournament. Glad to see him make Ozeki. Endō didn’t do much. Shodai had a solid tournament. He’ll be one to watch in November. I really enjoyed watching Midorifuji this tournament. He’s scrappy. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,955
    SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching Grand Sumo. Don’t laugh; it’s addictive. 
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    That’s a tough one. Probably Endō. 
    Day two and Endō is 2-0 so far, early days but his Tachi-ai is pretty good. My favorite wrestler Terunofuji was injured the last basho so it's former Ozeki Shodi, also at 2-0,  I will be watching.
    @SamIAm2. Onosato was a beast this tournament. Glad to see him make Ozeki. Endō didn’t do much. Shodai had a solid tournament. He’ll be one to watch in November. I really enjoyed watching Midorifuji this tournament. He’s scrappy. 
    DoubleEgger, I did enjoy the tournament and agree with your assessment of Midorifuji. As much as I like Shodi, he has issues sustaining his attack at times. He can be brilliant in one match and mediocre in the next.The next tournament will be held at Fukuoka Kokusai Center on November 10. Oh, and I do envy the fact that your mom got to attend tournaments and sit in the front row, those were probably a lot less expensive seats back then.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    @SamIAm2, I believe that it was @Ozzie_Isaac’s mom attending the tournaments. 

Looking forward to November. 
  • SamIAm2
    @DoubleEgger - You are correct. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,101
    I was at a wedding over the weekend in SLC and a friend from St Petersburg was there. He stopped to get some rolls of flex-seal tape on his way out of town, he said they call it hurricane tape and when he gets home he knows it will all be sold out.  He's several floors up, but it helps seal the windows from getting wind blown water intrusion.

Weird knowing you're flying back into hazard.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    I was at a wedding over the weekend in SLC and a friend from St Petersburg was there. He stopped to get some rolls of flex-seal tape on his way out of town, he said they call it hurricane tape and when he gets home he knows it will all be sold out.  He's several floors up, but it helps seal the windows from getting wind blown water intrusion.

Cat 5 now. Your friend will probably regret going home. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 7
    Legume said:

Supposedly there is a massive windshear over the West Coast of Florida and 90% of the models are projecting it to greatly diminish the focus of the Hurricane.  They are projecting landfall as a Cat 1/2 but basically spread across the entire coast instead of a Cat 5 center punching Tampa.  Hopefully it does diminish as rapidly as it intensified. (video below has a click bait thumbnail, but very interesting and informative video)

My Source:  https://youtu.be/OHHCgIICIPw?si=WEryKReoAQD7Su85

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,101
    Legume said:

He has been securing his boat and home and then will be leaving.
    Not a felon
  • Mexico will be seeing category 5. Should be a banger. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,121
    Seeing that thumbnail that Ozzie posted, they should've named this one "Loreena".  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Seeing that thumbnail that Ozzie posted, they should've named this one "Loreena".  
    LOL, took me a minute.

• SamIAm2
    Done moving everything I can off the deck to the storage room inside the screened in porch. Nothing is left in the screened in porch except for the washer and dryer which are in line next to the hot water heater. There were bifold doors in front of the laundry area which I removed years ago. I may move the truck in front of the screen door which should shield the washer/dryer from any wind born debris. One side of the screened porch is east facing with the next door neighbors home blocking wind from that direction.   
    The large on the table is too much to get into the house so it is behind the spa with locking casters and a wedge pushed against the two outside casters. The spa faces west and should provide protection for most of the egg. Put a really long, leftover vinyl deck plank next the right side casters to keep the table from moving. The MiniMax is in the dining room behind hurricane doors. All window and doors are hurricane rated.

Got a late start on this because I had to wait till 10:00 am to drop off my ballot at the Brevard County Supervisors of Elections office and fill the truck with fuel. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SamIAm2 said:
    Done moving everything I can off the deck to the storage room inside the screened in porch. Nothing is left in the screened in porch except for the washer and dryer which are in line next to the hot water heater. There were bifold doors in front of the laundry area which I removed years ago. I may move the truck in front of the screen door which should shield the washer/dryer from any wind born debris. One side of the screened porch is east facing with the next door neighbors home blocking wind from that direction.   
    The large on the table is too much to get into the house so it is behind the spa with locking casters and a wedge pushed against the two outside casters. The spa faces west and should provide protection for most of the egg. Put a really long, leftover vinyl deck plank next the right side casters to keep the table from moving. The MiniMax is in the dining room behind hurricane doors. All window and doors are hurricane rated.

Got a late start on this because I had to wait till 10:00 am to drop off my ballot at the Brevard County Supervisors of Elections office and fill the truck with fuel. 
    Stay safe!

• SamIAm2
    Ozzie_Isaac - Thanks, too late to bug out, but the models seem to indicate the storm will be Category 1 by the time it crawls across to our side of the state. Windy.com ECMWF model shows highest wind gust for my location will be 54 mph on Thursday. Storm will have a huge eye as it makes landfall; their other models show much the same. Will see how the models change over this evening. Have a niece, great niece, and great, great nieces over in Riverview which is close to Tampa. Just hoping we and they keep power during the event. Making sure the cell phone is charged. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • DoubleEgger
    Catching up on the Daily Show 
    @Canugghead

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    Catching up on the Daily Show 
    @Canugghead

haha just saw this and thought of @dmchicago

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac