Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,125
    Options
    Good looking out for your neighbor Canugghead! Nice work. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,723
    Options
    Thanks @WeberWho, over the years, for better or worse, some neighbours knock on my door whenever they need help :fearful:
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,901
    Options
    @Canugghead - Clearly known for being able to solve challenging issues.  Way to step-up.  He should buy you a year's worth of gelato at the new place you mentioned.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,723
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap, haha no gelato but they do bring me treats occasionally.
    canuckland
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,187
    Options
    If I didn't feed enough bugs this weekend, I am now pulling a tick off my side
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,460
    Options
    poster said:
    poster said:
    poster said:

Saw this guy on my way home today.
    From the looks of it, I like where you live. 
    Thanks, the mosquitoes and black flies could change your mind. Absolutely brutal this time of year.
    Sounds like Minnesota… Land of 10,000 lakes and 10 billion mosquitos. 
    I was a couple hours drive north of the MN/ON border where the pic was taken. No-See-ums are starting now too. Those things can fit through a  screen and itch the worst out of them all. I feel bad for all the animals. Hopefully things slow down very shortly 
    Interesting about the no-see-ums.  We have the same in Mexico, only they are in the water and their bites hurt a lot.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,666
    Options
    poster said:
    If I didn't feed enough bugs this weekend, I am now pulling a tick off my side
    I always had to carefully de-tick in the early 90s when I was actively photographing in MN; removing/shaking off my coat/shirt/hat, and brushing/examining my pants/shoes/socks before I got back into the truck.  
    Only got bit once.  There's about a 2"-square section of your back that you can't reach with either hand, from any direction, and sure enough that's where the damn bugger was.  Was thinking about going into Sick Call the next morning, but finally grabbed a pair of long-nosed pliers, and between having to use my left hand, and trying to see in the mirror looking backwards, I finally grabbed the thing and didn't have the patience to "pull straight out slowly" anymore, but he was summarily burned with a lighter.  Ugh.  
    Had a boss at HAFB who lived in ID, and his neighbor got Lyme disease from a tick, ended up approaching insanity and committed suicide; not something to fool around with.  

Forget "partying" like it's 1999; just let me shop like that again.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,323
    Options
    Botch said:

Had a boss at HAFB who lived in ID, and his neighbor got Lyme disease from a tick, ended up approaching insanity and committed suicide; not something to fool around with.  
    That does sound like one heckofa way to go.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options
    just notified with a phone alert that 911 is down across the state.......i guess.....let the "shopping" begin =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options
    just looked at the town fb page, this was posted yesterday =)=)  i guess everything is all ok

May be an image of text

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    I think my Food Saver is about to bite the bullet. It has lasted a good 5 or so years. I have to hold the lid down for it to pull the air out. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 19
    Options
    I think my Food Saver is about to bite the bullet. It has lasted a good 5 or so years. I have to hold the lid down for it to pull the air out. 
    Anova Chamber sealer and never look back.  $22 for 250 bags, light, easy to use, relatively quick.  I use the Anova 50-1 over my food saver.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,432
    Options
    Anova Chamber sealer and never look back.  $22 for 250 bags, light, easy to use, relatively quick.  I use the Anova 50-1 over my food saver.
    Which one do you have? It’s really just the wife and I now. The others aren’t really here a whole lot anymore. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Which one do you have? It’s really just the wife and I now. The others aren’t really here a whole lot anymore. 
    https://anovaculinary.com/products/anova-precision-chamber-vacuum-sealer

Here are the bags I order (they go on sale occasionally)

https://www.amazon.com/Chamber-Machine-Vacuum-Pouches-Pre-Cut/dp/B08MY1PNFD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,323
    Options
    Applying for jobs. It’s not as sad as it sounds but hope I get one of them. 
    Hey good luck!  At least it’s not a bad time to be looking for one.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 101
    Options
    Applying for jobs. It’s not as sad as it sounds but hope I get one of them. 
    Hey good luck!  At least it’s not a bad time to be looking for one.
    Thank you! What I do is super weird and niche. I’m surprised I’ve found so many opportunities to apply already for tbh. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    RIP Willie Mays 
    Whoa!  He is a legend … I didn’t know he was still alive.  To me he was bigger than life history book kind of person.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,384
    Options

I bet everyone’s beester was tight when that rocket made those initial zig zags. 
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 391
    Options

I bet everyone’s beester was tight when that rocket made those initial zig zags. 

I expect the course was true, but in the time since lift-off the winds caused the trail to look like that.
    Years ago I watched Apollo 11 lift off and after it was well on its way, the trail became a giant question mark. By then, nobody was around to notice. Everyone had gone to their TVs.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,420
    Options
    Getting things gathered for a 2 day event. Should be fun despite the 97* temperatures 😳

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Watching CWS. Florida State trying hard, Tennessee is tough