Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Not really a fan of Bojangles, but I had their Bo-Berry Sausage biscuit this morning. It rocked!  Yes, it could be done better, but for bojangles I was impressed!  
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    I need a day off. I’ve been working like @SGH only without the pay.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,610
    Psyching myself up to go cut the grass. It ain’t going to be better until the November.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    lousubcap said:
    At what age do you transition out of attending rock concerts?
    Discuss- (personally I am there... ) Looking for insights.

I think I went to a lot more indoor shows when I was younger, I prefer outdoor shows or small venues now, just easier and more enjoyable to me at this point, but I see far more live shows now than when I was younger.
    Not a felon
  • @Ozzie_Isaac if you and your son have the time, I highly recommend a place downtown called Qi.  Might have the best soup dumplings I have ever had.  They also have this truffle/egg fried rice that is pretty damn good as well.  Also if you guys are going to grab a cocktail, check out The Roosevelt Room.  It is a cool bar that does cocktails by the era.  Really good drinks and cool atmosphere.  @Botch that is 6th street you are thinking of.  
    Excellent recommendation!  Soup dumplings were legit, the truffle fried rice was excellent and so was the pork belly and Akaushi Beef.

@Ozzie_Isaac Glad you enjoyed it.  We try to go there when we are in town.  Their dim sum brunch is really good as well.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Legume said:
    lousubcap said:

I think I went to a lot more indoor shows when I was younger, I prefer outdoor shows or small venues now, just easier and more enjoyable to me at this point, but I see far more live shows now than when I was younger.
    +1. 

Small venues for the win. Have seen lots of great acts over the years (I worked in a concert hall for years), but my faves have been the smaller settings. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    Legume said:
    lousubcap said:

+1. 

Small venues for the win. Have seen lots of great acts over the years (I worked in a concert hall for years), but my faves have been the smaller settings. 
    For indoor rock concerts I will bring a pair of ear plugs just in case.  Saw AC/DC once in an indoor arena.  The ride home my buddy and I couldn’t hear each other talk.  My ears rang for days afterwards.

Saw Aerosmith in an indoor arena and it was just loud enough to be awesome, and could still have conversations immediately after with no ear ringing.

All that to say I love indoor and outdoor venues, assuming the roadies and and audio techs know how to do their job and make good sound.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,055
    lousubcap said:

When the thought of waiting in lines is enough to make you say” nope”
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume said:
    lousubcap said:

+1. 

For indoor rock concerts I will bring a pair of ear plugs just in case.  Saw AC/DC once in an indoor arena.  The ride home my buddy and I couldn’t hear each other talk.  My ears rang for days afterwards.

Saw Aerosmith in an indoor arena and it was just loud enough to be awesome, and could still have conversations immediately after with no ear ringing.

All that to say I love indoor and outdoor venues, assuming the roadies and and audio techs know how to do their job and make good sound.
    I’ve posted this here elsewhere, so apologies if I am on repeat, but one of my fave ever purchases over the years has been custom moulded earplugs. Nothing like anything in the drugstores. PM me if you want any more info. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    @ColtsFan - whoo boy 102, that’s warm!

Also, not sure how to break this to you, but you do not have to wear gloves to drink home brew.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    No night two of DMB. Tornado watch. 

Ugh!!!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    That's my dislike.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    kl8ton said:
    That's my dislike.

Much needed!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    WeberWho said:

Ugh!!!

We could use that rain!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

Ugh!!!

We could use that rain!

It's been nothing but rain so far this spring/summer. My buddy in North Dakota has only half his crop in so far when I talked to him last week. 

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,610
    Psyching myself up to go cut the grass. It ain’t going to be better until the November.
    Had to stop and poison fire ants.
  • alaskanassasin
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Ugh!!!

We could use that rain!

It's been nothing but rain so far this spring/summer. My buddy in North Dakota has only half his crop in so far when I talked to him last week. 
    I’m getting a bit nervous here, not panicking yet.
     I remember my sister coming home from college (Oregon State) her first summer and blasting DMB over dads stereo all day and she also smoked cigarettes lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,500
    Making fruit leather. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    ColtsFan said:
    Making fruit leather. 

Deets? 
  • ColtsFan said:
    Making fruit leather. 

At first glance, looks like you have smoked salmon on offer. 
  • ColtsFan
    @DoubleEgger it’s super easy. I throw whatever fruit in the vitamix with about a half cup of apple sauce. Blend it well and sweeten with a little honey if it needs it. Pour it out on parchment lined sheet pans and spread to about 1/8”. My oven has a dehydrator function built in so I use that set on 180*. I pull it out when it no longer looks shiny. Usually takes 3-4 hours 

• Can’t tell from the photo, but we’re sitting through an absolute deluge and thunder shower. We try to sit on the front porch with the kids throughout every big storm, often bringing our meals out just to watch. Love me a good storm. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    ColtsFan said:
    @DoubleEgger it’s super easy. I throw whatever fruit in the vitamix with about a half cup of apple sauce. Blend it well and sweeten with a little honey if it needs it. Pour it out on parchment lined sheet pans and spread to about 1/8”. My oven has a dehydrator function built in so I use that set on 180*. I pull it out when it no longer looks shiny. Usually takes 3-4 hours 
    Are you basically making fruit rollups?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    @JohnInCarolina correct 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    Making carnitas and rigging up an autofill for my fountain.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• @Ozzie_Isaac

Thank you for checking in on Ron. And pic no.2 has me anticimipatin’.

@lkapigian

Dude.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    @acn

Nice collection of photos. What took you to Montreal? 
    Nice. How was the lineup at 4?
    We just got sandwiches and sat outside; didn't venture inside and look at any other offerings.

@GrateEggspectations - we ended up in Montreal because SWMBO Jr had a couple of colleges in NY (near the Finger Lakes) that she wanted to check out, and Montreal and Quebec City provided a couple of nice relaxed vacation spots between there and a few days in Maine with family.  This was (*knocks on wood) the last vacation that will involve college visits; there are a few day trips she wants to take (3 new schools, maybe some followups with schools we visited last summer/spring).

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    edited June 24
    The good news:  my credit card issuer is on the ball.
    The bad news:  another credit card terminated, third in 3 years.  This time it was a US transaction at a WallyWorld for $200-something, wonder how they caught that (last year it was a shoe purchase in Rio de Janeiro).  New card in 7-10 days, EweTube TV already sent an email to update my CC info, and of course the "Refill Gas" idiot light went off this afternoon.  Sigh. :angry:   

EDIT:  Oh, and my expensive heat pump/furnace system quit again, 3rd time since installation last August.  Hottest day of the year, of course.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.