Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    Legume said:
    I think I have a pretty well-developed tolerance for spicy foods, but I once made the mistake of ordering a dish at the “Thai hot” spicy level at an authentic Thai restaurant.  I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.
    This made me laugh.  I used to work with a guy that always ordered Thai hot, Desi hot, ordered the hottest wings wherever we were, etc.  He freely admitted he had burned out his taste buds years ago being a pepper head and now just orders hot so he can taste something.

There are two Thai places in town that we frequent, at one we order spicy and the other we order medium spicy, that's just how their spicy scales align. My wife got that mixed up one night when getting takeout and it took a lot longer to get through dinner than normal that night.
    The restaurant had spicy ratings from 1-5, but the people I were with told me that there was an off-menu heat level called only “Thai hot”.  That was enough of a challenge for me.  

When I asked the waitress for it she gave me this look like “you sure white boy?”  Yes, I said, I’m pretty sure I can handle it.  Then the manager came out to double check, making it absolutely certain that I wanted it as hot as authentic Thai people like their food.  That probably should’ve been the big red flag that got me to back down, but, alas…
    Sounds like you need to skip the bidet and grab a fire hose. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    Legume said:
    I think I have a pretty well-developed tolerance for spicy foods, but I once made the mistake of ordering a dish at the “Thai hot” spicy level at an authentic Thai restaurant.  I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.
    This made me laugh.  I used to work with a guy that always ordered Thai hot, Desi hot, ordered the hottest wings wherever we were, etc.  He freely admitted he had burned out his taste buds years ago being a pepper head and now just orders hot so he can taste something.

There are two Thai places in town that we frequent, at one we order spicy and the other we order medium spicy, that's just how their spicy scales align. My wife got that mixed up one night when getting takeout and it took a lot longer to get through dinner than normal that night.
    The restaurant had spicy ratings from 1-5, but the people I were with told me that there was an off-menu heat level called only “Thai hot”.  That was enough of a challenge for me.  

When I asked the waitress for it she gave me this look like “you sure white boy?”  Yes, I said, I’m pretty sure I can handle it.  Then the manager came out to double check, making it absolutely certain that I wanted it as hot as authentic Thai people like their food.  That probably should’ve been the big red flag that got me to back down, but, alas…
    Sounds like you need to skip the bidet and grab a fire hose. 
    The reality is that it was so hot I really couldn’t even eat much of it.  I needed a fire hose, just one filled with milk, to put out the flames in my mouth.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    Speaking of hot stuff, check out Heidi Klum on the Hot Ones. The 14:40 mark is where it gets interesting 

https://youtu.be/meLldeCa2mU?si=3vEBGrtmbojMGBAf
  • Speaking of hot stuff, check out Heidi Klum on the Hot Ones. The 14:40 mark is where it gets interesting 

https://youtu.be/meLldeCa2mU?si=3vEBGrtmbojMGBAf
    Da Bomb is always where things get interesting. Unquestionably the most brutal of the sauces on offer. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Watching the Giants vs Cardinals game at Rickwood field in Birmingham.  They've really done a great job with it, tons of history and so many great stories.  Fox Sports has nailed this.
    Not a felon
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    @hawktuah .. yup, that username is still available. I thought one of you would’ve snagged that one by now for an alias. 
  • ThermanMurch
    ThermanMurch Posts: 19
    Damn you beat me to it.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949

First round of fixtures are only two months away!  Slightly phoney aspect to all games pre-1st Sept as transfers will still be happening, so players are keen to avoid injury and distracted by potential pay bumps elsewhere.  Nonetheless….

Friday, 16 August

Manchester United v Fulham - the new era gets underway with the same manager, who apparently isn’t the problem anymore 2-1

Saturday, 17 August

Ipswich Town v Liverpool - hello Tractor boys and my new local team.  Exciting, romantic until brutal reality hits. 0-3

Arsenal v Wolverhampton - start of the season, precisely when the Gunners are great - all the way until the end when they drop off. 2-0

Everton v Brighton - Toffees should be under new ownership by then, unclear the status and condition of the squad. 1-1

Newcastle United v Southampton - the Saints are welcomed back with a very long journey and routine humping 3-0

Nottingham Forest v Bournemouth - meh 1-1

West Ham United v Aston Villa - Hammers under new management and Villa in the Champions League, exciting times. 2-2

Sunday, 18 August

Brentford v Crystal Palace - could be a multi-goal thriller with both teams looking to nudge closer to the top of the ‘mid-leaguers’ group. 2-3

Chelsea v Manchester City - another new manager at Chelsea and possibly Pep’s last spin at City. 1-3

Monday, 19 August

Leicester City v Tottenham - welcome back the Foxes and since it’s Spurs they host then literally all results are possible. 4-4 - why not?

There you go lads, and we’re barely mid-way through the cricket season.  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Dyal_SC said:
    @hawktuah .. yup, that username is still available. I thought one of you would’ve snagged that one by now for an alias. 
    What a time to be alive.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    How proud are her parents this week?
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    How proud are her parents this week?
    I think she’s probably in witness protection at this point.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    @Battleborn any news on the monolith in the desert?  I remember the one in Moab.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    WeberWho said:

What is the gametime temp there?  Have fun! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    edited June 21
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

What is the gametime temp there?  Have fun! 

65° right now. It's perfect. Slight wind. Tomorrow's show looks wet all day. I'm hoping they won't cancel.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    At what age do you transition out of attending rock concerts?
    Discuss- (personally I am there... ) Looking for insights.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,342
    @WeberWho - Great place to see a concert, hope you enjoy.  Been there once, for the Grateful Dead, in 1980.  So glad we didn't have smart phones back then.  😁.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    lousubcap said:

Music doesn't have an age. My Mom is to the right of me right now. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    dbCooper said:
    @WeberWho - Great place to see a concert, hope you enjoy.  Been there once, for the Grateful Dead, in 1980.  So glad we didn't have smart phones back then.  😁.

That would have been awesome! I saw DMB here in 03 and I can attest with the whole not having smart phones.  

I saw Rage Against The Machine here in 09

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

All you need is to be young at heart, Frank.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    Perhaps but at seven plus decades on the planet there is more than the heart at play. 
    Although last year I did ride in the back seat of a two seater Indy car for two laps around the IMS road course.  Great experience.  Pulled a couple of g's and the speeds were 180 -50 (mph).  Even walked away to get back to the forum.   =)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,342
    lousubcap said:

I think as long as you are into the band(s) playing you go if the opportunity is there.  Something about live music and a crowd is just special.  As a bonus there is always some amount of HawkTuah types in attendance.
    Although not rock per se, we saw Allison Krause and Robert Plant at a outdoor venue in the area (Pinewood Bowl) in Lincoln.  Well worth the time and money.  They did do a couple Zeppelin tunes, so sorta rock.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 774
    Best show was John Prine opening for the Avett Brothers at red rocks. I've seen both of them individually, but together and with them both doing it justice it was great. They also did some songs together. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,496
    U_tarded said:
    @Battleborn any news on the monolith in the desert?  I remember the one in Moab.  
    They took it down this week. It was anchored in with cement and rebar. They think it’s been there several years. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171

@Botch that is 6th Street, it is just starting to ramp up.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL