Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,641
    Options
    Thinking that Donald Ross is looking down with a wry smile watching the best in the world struggle on his greens 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,541
    Options

Sitting at 197°….hoping to get it to that 203-205 range….then HDAF and an Igloo for a 2+ hour nap
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,319
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Sitting at 197°….hoping to get it to that 203-205 range….then HDAF and an Igloo for a 2+ hour nap
    I’d pull that brisket now if it were mine. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    I yanked it at 200.2°. She’s probing good. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    She's a beauty to be sure.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,774
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Great looking meteorite.  But c'mon, BBQ is analog not digital to the nearest tenth. Must be the bread making gene rising to the forefront.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Great looking meteorite.  But c'mon, BBQ is analog not digital to the nearest tenth. Must be the bread making gene rising to the forefront.   B)
    LMAO. Like anything else on this planet, no two ovens bake the same. We run our par baked items between 320-330 across the ten ovens. Fully baked products range from 410-440 degrees. There’s no precision for us with the bake. It’s either done or it’s not. Can’t take away time, but we can always add
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,774
    Options
    @Stormbringer - Where are you?  PNW (Pacific North West)? or some other exotic location?
    Apologiz(s)e if I missed the locale.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,564
    Options
    Thinking that Donald Ross is looking down with a wry smile watching the best in the world struggle on his greens 
    @johnmitchell yessir great to see them having to actually play hard to get a par
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,135
    edited June 15
    Options
    @lousubcap that was Bonavista Bay in Newfoundland. We saw around 10 sperm whales in 2 hours. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,125
    Options
    Just burnt the crap outta some great looking homegrown okra, being lazy and trying to air fry them. Should’ve just fried the good ol fashioned way. Oh well. Live and learn. Found a video by the Dan-O guy. It was not yum yum and I ended up not gettin some. 😆 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,344
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I enjoyed the pun. Cheers, my friend.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Well done to the The USofAMT20CT - I assume that's what it's called?  
    Qualification to the Super 8 round of the T20 World Cup, and special mention to Florida for laying on English Standard Summer weather.

To other matters, the Euros finally starts tonight - and by start I mean we are three game-days in but England get underway against Serbia.  

Whilst Scotland getting proper humped by Germany was very funny, I could not really enjoy it as I am on countdown to the England meltdown which will occur at some point in the next couple of weeks.   Most painfully it might be after 120 minutes of the final, during penalties. But there will be other opportunities along the way. 

Closer to home for you, Copa America launches on Friday and your very own USMNFNSTIYP start on Sunday against Bolivia, bolstered with Chris Richards of the mighty Eagles in the back line.   

(US Mens National Football Not Soccer Team If You Please) 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    @CPFC1905, I was hoping to get a Euro-related post from you.  I'll be surprised if the meltdown happens today.  I'm trying to decide if having another shootout loss is 1) very likely and predictable or 2) unlikely because at this point it is cliche.

I'm also wondering if Jude is the magic sauce that can push the Three Lions over the top - for at least one major tournament during his career.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,694
    Options
    I'm a day or so late with these comments, but for anyone facing the take the keys from the parent situation, we kept a very good line of communication with our parents' doctor and talked it through with them in both cases. They were happy to either have the conversation or to let us reference them and say they were in agreement. It really took the fight out of situation both times for us. 

Preserving their dignity makes all the difference.
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,910
    Options
    The simplest of plates served at the bar 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    poster said:

Saw this guy on my way home today.
    From the looks of it, I like where you live. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,694
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Totally Accidental Garlic Hack, a WTF Moment…but after making black garlic before, I have an idea what happened under Vacuum….

bought some garlic to make linguica this week, didn’t want it to sprout so I Vacuum Sealed it and tossed it in the freezer , took out last night to thaw ( still under vacuum ) went to start peeling the garlic and the bag was soft … WTF, opened up and what a pleasant surprise .. popped right out of the bulbs like roasted garlic, the flavor of fresh but milder … I will be doing this again

happy Father’s Day 

So what do you think the process is that did this?  I always thought going oxygen free with garlic was a risk of botulism.
    Not a felon
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,910
    Options
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    Totally Accidental Garlic Hack, a WTF Moment…but after making black garlic before, I have an idea what happened under Vacuum….

bought some garlic to make linguica this week, didn’t want it to sprout so I Vacuum Sealed it and tossed it in the freezer , took out last night to thaw ( still under vacuum ) went to start peeling the garlic and the bag was soft … WTF, opened up and what a pleasant surprise .. popped right out of the bulbs like roasted garlic, the flavor of fresh but milder … I will be doing this again

happy Father’s Day 

So what do you think the process is that did this?  I always thought going oxygen free with garlic was a risk of botulism.
    Lower pressure , lower temp the fermentation takes place … I do black garlic in a rice cooker on “ warm mode “ this is what you get after about a week ….. botulism, lol ( jk )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,344
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    My Daughter and I
    Happy Father’s Day!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, I was hoping to get a Euro-related post from you.  I'll be surprised if the meltdown happens today.  I'm trying to decide if having another shootout loss is 1) very likely and predictable or 2) unlikely because at this point it is cliche.

I'm also wondering if Jude is the magic sauce that can push the Three Lions over the top - for at least one major tournament during his career.
    He did look the best player on the pitch last night and got the goal.  Nothing about the match told me England will pass comfortably to the latter stages.  They will win the group and turn out an amazing performance in the quarters,  then exit in the semi.   As usual. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,187
    Options
    poster said:

Thanks, the mosquitoes and black flies could change your mind. Absolutely brutal this time of year.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    poster said:
    poster said:

Thanks, the mosquitoes and black flies could change your mind. Absolutely brutal this time of year.
    Sounds like Minnesota… Land of 10,000 lakes and 10 billion mosquitos. 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,187
    Options
    poster said:
    poster said:

Sounds like Minnesota… Land of 10,000 lakes and 10 billion mosquitos. 
    I was a couple hours drive north of the MN/ON border where the pic was taken. No-See-ums are starting now too. Those things can fit through a  screen and itch the worst out of them all. I feel bad for all the animals. Hopefully things slow down very shortly