Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Love it, @WeberWho. Nice of you to help out your folks. Result was totally worth it. Wish there were shots of your handiwork on the base. Pretty sure there is an art thread on here.

I am happy with our paintings but have really been wanting a nice sculpture. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,885
    Options
    I have learned a very important lesson this morning. It’s my 40th birthday and the hangover has hit a bit different than it did 20 years ago when we drank a French port city dry. 

Happy Bucking Firthday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,081
    Options
    Love it, @WeberWho. Nice of you to help out your folks. Result was totally worth it. Wish there were shots of your handiwork on the base. Pretty sure there is an art thread on here.

I am happy with our paintings but have really been wanting a nice sculpture. 

It was pretty easy work as the dirt wasn't even a few weeks old as my parents had their patio and retaining wall done. So it made some easy digging. I threw some rocks down at the base and slid a 16" diameter sono tube into the hole. My Dad purchased a cement mixer a year or two ago that has become super handy. I think we went through 7-8 bags of concrete. The template for the anchors was probably the most time consuming part. The rest was just busy work.

I thought you might get a kick out of it if I posted it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,393
    Options
    Pressure washing my white metal roof. Had to take a break to go get more KrudKutter.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Daughter’s friends asked if I could cook dinner tonight, lol.  Decided to do chicken halves.  The ones with the aluminum foil have Habanero Death Dust on them, so want to make sure I don’t mix them up.

Also, decided to try this.  Never had it before.

You are a cool dad. Now try to gradually introduce them to the spice!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,321
    Options
    Daughter’s friends asked if I could cook dinner tonight, lol.  Decided to do chicken halves.  The ones with the aluminum foil have Habanero Death Dust on them, so want to make sure I don’t mix them up.

One of her friends will eat the spicy stuff and also all the fermented things.  She is fearless, the rest like standard seasonings.  The key I have found is just seasoning food.  It seems a lot of households don’t use fats, salt, or pepper.  Nothing magic here.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Singing a song from perhaps the greatest musician, singer, and songwriter to ever come out of Canada. Alanis Morissette.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

One of her friends will eat the spicy stuff and also all the fermented things.  She is fearless, the rest like standard seasonings.  The key I have found is just seasoning food.  It seems a lot of households don’t use fats, salt, or pepper.  Nothing magic here.

I think the reality is a lot of households don’t cook that much, or perhaps don’t cook that well. 

Has been really fun to watch my daughter take to heat the last few years. She is always challenging herself. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,617
    Options
    Singing a song from perhaps the greatest musician, singer, and songwriter to ever come out of Canada. Alanis Morissette.

I would have to correct you, Joni was the greatest, and k d lang was a better singer than both; Alanis was much better on the eyes, I’ll give you that.  

https://youtu.be/oXqPjx94YMg?si=dqd3Je37YWp-hR02

We'll go dancing in the dark,

Walking thru the park, 

And reminiscing....      - LRB

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    Options
    Bringing my bronco back to the dealership for the third attempt to fix the same problem, the display in the center of the dash keeps flaking out. Sometimes it blacks out, sometimes it drops Bluetooth, today it stopped letting me take hands free calls. The dealership told me today that they don't think they can fix it because it's a software issue. Luckily Mass has a lemon law and if they can't fix the same issue after three tries, I can either get a brand new one, or get all my money back, including all the sales taxes and excise taxes that I paid. I absolutely love the bronco, it's a two door model, but it has been extremely frustrating dealing with the interface. I'm extremely disappointed, for fifty grand I expected everything to work, or at the very least, that if it didn't, they could fix it. Apparently not. I've had it for two months and it has less than 2000 miles on it, haven't even taken the top off yet. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,743
    Options
    Time to declare victory and move on!  A classic case of the bells and whistles outpacing the ability for the company to address issues at the dealer customer interface.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,393
    Options
    Take the money and run. I can’t say where to run right now though.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    First time I ran across a dealership that can't fix a car. The thing is, the interface has two separate apps, iPhone auto and Android auto. I have a Google pixel 6, so It uses Android auto. When I picked up the bronco after their first attempt to fix it, they said they couldn't reproduce the problem. I asked them if they tested it with an android phone, they said no. I asked why and they said that they didn't have one. I couldn't friggen believe it. I told them that they use two different apps, and if they aren't testing with both an android and an iPhone, they're only testing half of the functionality, and if it's a software issue on the android app, they'll never find it. The service manager said that they have to follow Ford's guidelines when it comes to the software and the guidelines don't include testing with androids. 

What the absolute hell. Third time going in and they still haven't tested it with an android and I'm convinced my problem is due to the Android auto app. Talking with the son of the owner on Wednesday. Hard to believe they're so lame
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,772
    Options
    @Ybabpmuts have you tried a different android phone? Is it possible your phone is the problem?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Ybabpmuts I did a search and came across this forum and Ford Motor (unlike our ungulate overseer) is responding to the members about similar problems with droids, might be some nuggets there or reach out to ford. I would try deleting the phone off the car, also updating your droid software, and try a different droid. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/phone-calls-fail-and-bluetooth-keeps-dropping.25841/page-3

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I did try another android phone with the same results. I've deleted the phone from the car, downloaded the latest ford sw and the latest ford app and made sure my pixel is at the latest release. Non of that helped. Pretty sure the Android auto app is buggy. To eliminate Bluetooth I tethered it, same problems.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I figured you’d tried those things. I hope you get it sorted out.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,116
    Options
    In case you’re wondering what is making all that ruckus outside. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,537
    Options

Watched the big boys tee off on #1 for the final round of the Zurich Classic. Then went sit green side on hole 17 to watch them all come in. Customer is a huge sponsor. Free food and beer. Had to bring my knee scooter to navigate the course. A great day watching Rory and Shane chase down the leaders for a playoff victory. 

To note. 215 yard par 3. Against about a 15mph wind. Exactly 2 birdies carded on that hole yesterday 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,743
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good.  What a way to spend the day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,921
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    This is for any of you artsy people. My Mom found this sculpture at an auction and bought it as a retirement gift for herself last fall. Guess who gets a call asking to help her move it? I was that lucky person! There was no way my Mom was going to ask my Dad to help her move it. He would have absolutely hated the sculpture! So I guess it works both ways in a relationship with, "Buy now and ask for forgiveness later." Hahaha!!! 

The previous owner had it on a pretty steep incline of a hill with a stream running around it. Not only did I have to worry about slipping with the stream, but I had to climb a ladder placed against the sculpture base as the hill was at too much an incline to open the ladder up. I was able to carefully remove the sculpture in pieces and bring it down to my truck piece by piece. Once all packed up I was able to transport it over to my parents place. A couple weeks ago I stopped over at my parents and poured a cement base with some anchors for the base of the sculpture.

The sculpture itself is made by an artist named Andrew Carson out of Seattle. My Dad was able to contact Andrew and he said it's a pre-numbered sculpture before the artist started putting serial numbers on any of his work. So the more my Dad learned about the sculpture the more he warmed up to the idea having to look at it in the backyard everyday. My Dad ended up converting all bearings to stainless steel bearings and machined a couple new bushings for it to spin like new again. (The whole thing spins in all kinds of different directions besides the bright colored fins in the back.)

I finished my portion of the job today. It was officially hung up and I didn't manage to break any of the glass on it. I'm not much an art guy but I can appreciate all the work and craftsmanship that he put into the sculpture. 

we need a video while its in action........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,921
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    In case you’re wondering what is making all that ruckus outside. 

heres a recipe to make chips. i would go with a cocktail sauce though =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,372
    edited April 29
    Options
    Perusing the largest landowners in the US and ran across this cat.

I have never heard of this guy or most of the other landowners in the top 20 but he seems like quite the character.
    I play poker monthly with DK Boyd's son who helps him run his company.  I think DK is in top 30 land owners in the country.  Needless to say his shop that we play in is proof that he and I are definitely not in the same tax bracket. (well I just looked at the list)  He was in the top 30.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,408
    Options
    Just made the mistake of cleaning my wife’s car out. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,385
    Options
    Don't arrest her!
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just made the mistake of cleaning my wife’s car out. 
    The condoms and hotel key cards were her friends.  She was hiding them for her.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,536
    Options

Almost as satisfying as mowing the lawn. Right @botch??
    As much as I love ribs .... thinking of having to pull off the membrane deters me ... most times, I struggle. WHAT is your trick good sir??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Almost as satisfying as mowing the lawn. Right @botch??
    As much as I love ribs .... thinking of having to pull off the membrane deters me ... most times, I struggle. WHAT is your trick good sir??
    I slash the membrane and just keep it on.