Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,877
    Options
    Too soon, @johnmitchell too soon. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Cooked up some masalawurst that was made by @caliking a few years ago. Have some family in town for the eclipse and wanted to show off some of the stuff in my freezer. 
    After some communication and better recollection I've realized they were our "spice foward" masalawurst from AWSS 6 documented at the link below.  They have aged well - to perfection actually.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1222764/sauscutapalooza-awss6-the-payoff/p1

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    edited April 7
    Options
    Power went down Wednesday, should be back midweek. No police station here and the fire and EMT are voluntary which puts this town last on the list ....😁 Out of beer but there's that bourbon collection I started last summer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,709
    Options
    Owner went down Wednesday, should be back midweek. No police station here and the fire and EMT are voluntary which puts this town last on the list ....😁 Out of beer but there's that bourbon collection I started last summer
    What in gods name is he talking about…. Power, power went down Wednesday 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,534
    Options
    Something is powering the means to crank out that post...and restock is just a road-trip away.  Good luck with the cleanup and restoration @fishlessman.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Owner went down Wednesday, should be back midweek. No police station here and the fire and EMT are voluntary which puts this town last on the list ....😁 Out of beer but there's that bourbon collection I started last summer
    What in gods name is he talking about…. Power, power went down Wednesday 
    Sorry about that, went back and fixed it.  I try to not use this phone on the forum, my fingers don't work right on the keys. No electricity since Wednesday, should be back midweek. Most towns still without from the last storm around here
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,064
    Options
    Watching some French folks try and learn (not very successfully) how to surf:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ending up a little bit stalled on a faucet swap out in our old bathroom. Changing the faucet as a temporary stop-gap on the ol’ gal before a full reno down the road. Got the lines changed and removed the old faucet/installed the new one, but the base of the sink is so damn narrow that I can’t get any tool in there to ease off the drain nut (pic #4, which is not a vantage point I can’t actually even see when working; the photo was a product of me jamming my phone up in there). Incredibly tight space. Will change the other fixtures once I have cleared this hurdle. If anyone knows of the right tool for the job on the drain nut, please advise. The nut is deep into the column on the left of the mechanic’s mirror in pic #5. It is visible in the reflection. Good times. 

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 382
    Options
    Look up "basin wrench" at a hardware store, big box home reno store or Amazon. They are made for this purpose. They cost around $10 to $15.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,463
    Options
    Call that one several sixteenths 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    So there's another name for a faucet wrench......why =)
    fukahwee maine

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,603
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations
    I have about 4.5" behind the kitchen sink. 

Needed to tighten the big nut in the middle few months ago. Even a basin wrench wouldn't fit. Then I remembered this nifty double sided plastic wrench that came with the Moen faucet, phew!

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Awesome mention, @Canugghead. I may have one somewhere. Thanks. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Woke up, had a coffee, vac-sealed last night’s pulled beef, prepped car for eclipse outing, cleaned the house and changed the infrared burner on the P500RSIB. 

• fishlessman
    Options

its still good to pick up a basin wrench, you wont use it often but it keeps your face out of the bowl when changing a toilet hose. other than that it mostly sits in the bottom of your toolbox.......mines in my copper solder box but nobody uses that anymore ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,603
    Options

its still good to pick up a basin wrench, you wont use it often but it keeps your face out of the bowl when changing a toilet hose. other than that it mostly sits in the bottom of your toolbox.......mines in my copper solder box but nobody uses that anymore ;)
    Bidet facial massage is not a bad thing.
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options
    Building Deck railings 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,463
    Options
    TSA Pre Check registration. No point in making the mandatory appointment time. We 65 minutes behind for no apparent rhyme or reason. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    TSA Pre Check registration. No point in making the mandatory appointment time. We 65 minutes behind for no apparent rhyme or reason. 
    If you are getting that, you should look into Global Entry instead.  Think its almost the same cost and you get pre tsa with it, depending on how much you travel.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

when i picked up the new pup in atlanta a few months ago it was the first flight ive taken since maybe 1991. flew out of logan in boston, the whole process of picking up the boarding pass, the checkin security gate, getting a coffee and finding my gate took maybe 20 minutes.....whats everyone complaining about......then i flew back out of atlanta, 2 hours in im holding a ten week puppy between my elbows, shoeless, while having a rude talking too and getting my hands checked for bomb residue =) seems the systems not too consistent.......wonder what it will be like in another 20 something years if i do it again =)  wonder how much a beer in the atlanta airport will cost then, i got a scolding at the bar too, was supposed to put the puppy alone at the coat rack. the holographic no gun signs floating around in the air in atlanta was a nice touch though
    fukahwee maine