Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    Watching my mil stolen iPhone make its way through Austin 
    What’s the plan from here? I take it you’ve been reporting to police. 
    They reported it to the police, and they are going to come out and talk to them. In the meantime they called att and remotely locked the phone and canceled the service.
    You can remotely lock an iPhone using the Find My iPhone app. I did that years ago when my iPhone “ wasn’t found” in a movie theater. I put a lock on it dialing any number but my work phone. Then I posted that number on its screen with its current location and that it would be bricked in 4 hours. The second time that I called that theater it had been miraculously found.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    Wow @legume.  I have also been posting more to try and get something moving and shaking here.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I don’t have all the deets but… they are staying at a rv park and were at the dog park portion of it when her phone disappeared..
      My sister showed up to help and called the office to see if they had footage of the theft with their cameras, the lady at the desk said no. Then the cops show up, then the same lady at the desk said she had found the iPhone and will get it back to us.. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Btw there are cameras 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    And I called the phone while it was in her possession so she could have answered and helped locate the owner if that was her intention 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Getting ready to hunker down…well, SWMBO and the dog are anyways. I’ll be the fool outside on the deck. Stormy Indiana night.  Should stay north of @lousubcap and if they stay together @alaskanassasin you’re up next. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Getting ready to hunker down…well, SWMBO and the dog are anyways. I’ll be the fool outside on the deck. Stormy Indiana night.  Should stay north of @lousubcap and if they stay together @alaskanassasin you’re up next. 
    I have always enjoyed a storm. Kinda like poker, you never know what you are going to get.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Still dropping here. It's not very cold so it's heavy wet slop.  Started around 9 or 10 last night and hasn't stopped more than maybe 60 minutes total. Supposed to keep on into tomorrow.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    The lightning is pretty, but so far it has been calm. Tornado warning until midnight 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options

Oh look, a five pound note in my jeans pocket that I had forgotten about.  That’s like this weekend as there’s a peculiar bunch of PL games serving as an amuse bouche to the FA Cup quarter finals. Think normal weekend, but minimax size.   By quirk of fate two of the four matches speak to the burgeoning relegation battle which with 10 games left is getting towards that time when bums squeak. 

Saturday

Burnley v Brentford, a home win would keep the Bees theoretically at least in the mix for relegation - but the Clarets have been woeful and it’s their inability to pull in points that will keep other sides safe.  The Bees have struggled of late although they have been playing the top teams. A miserable 1-0 home win pleases me, but I just can’t trust Burnley.  0-2

Luton v Notts Forest, 18th host 17th and it’s all in the sub-text.  The Hatters are the closest of the bottom 3 to mounting any form of defence to the drop and in fact a 1-0 win puts these two teams on parity, 2-0 sees them swap places.  Luton snatched a late point against Palace but gave up a three goal lead mid-week to lose at Bournemouth.  Given that Palace could/should have won by three, then all is not groovy for the Hatters.  But they need to keep in the hunt as Forest’s potential points deduction creeps closer and could prove to be their salvation.  For context Everton were docked 10, reduced to 6 on appeal - and face another round of deductions too.  Either of those outcomes for both Forest and Everton puts them below Luton and straddling the trapdoor.

Fulham v Spurs, the hosts will find it impossible to go down and have no likelihood of a European finish - so staying motivated is the challenge. Spurs, typically for them, went to Villa and whacked them last week - because that’s what being ‘Spursy’ looks like.  Should be an away win but will the chance to go 4th give Spurs an attack of the colly-wobbles?  Probably. But still 1-2

Sunday

West Ham v Aston Villa, a claret and blue kit clash and tasty contest as 7th host 4th.  Villa will be wounded by their defeat from Spurs last week and Hammers are finding form.  Both won in Europe mid-week too. Goals, for sure and I fancy a home win by one goal; 2-1.

And that, my friends is that.  A portable size set of fixtures.  Don’t forget to check out the final round of the Six Nations on Saturday. Ireland look odds-on for the title despite the epic defeat to England last weekend.  They face Scotland who have been impressive and so victory is not assured. Wales face off with Italy for the wooden spoon - and in fact our friends from Middle Earth will need a big win to surmount the Romans.  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    I am pleased to see that all the other problems in the US are fixed and that hounding the apex Bond is all that's left...
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/15/pierce-brosnan-yellowstone-hot-spring
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - Yes, I'm sure any bond related articles get top billing in the UK.
    We do have some issues but pale in comparison to your article.  
    "Beware The Ides of March!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    Does apex mean 4th best in the UK? 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Does apex mean 4th best in the UK? 
    Harsh
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Waiting to board a flight for Kansas City
    By choice?

Had to go there for a few days for meetings. I had time to visit the Ben Holladay distillery while there. It was fabulous and the best part of the trip. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Preparing for a job interview in 30 minutes. Perhaps I should be doing something other than cruising the forum.  :

Best of luck and hope it went well
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

Truly an awesome photo. You’ve got good genes!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    @lkapigian

Truly an awesome photo. You’ve got good genes!
    Still driving 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    Waiting to board a flight for Kansas City
    By choice?

Had to go there for a few days for meetings. I had time to visit the Ben Holladay distillery while there. It was fabulous and the best part of the trip. 
    Just seeing this - I am guessing that’s an old fashioned?  Looks awfully good.   I think I see a cinnamon stick in it? That’s interesting.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    My Dad and his cousins, last surviving males of that generation, we are doing a bbq for them
    Sunday … my dad far right, hard to believe the guys are 80s and 90s 

That is impressive beyond words.  Consider yourself very lucky to be in their company.
    I am quite sure they will be dining on the best of the best and well deserved.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Cooking in the rain.

Choking this down, some coke goes a long ways with this.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    edited March 16
    Options
    Awaiting a proper football analysis (Roma Ultras vs. Brighton)

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Nice ColtsFan, it looks like you have deer highway next door
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Watching The Players 3rd round and cooking a gravy. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    Headed up to NYC for the week.  Participating in the selection committee for the DOE's CSGF:

https://www.krellinst.org/csgf/
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Better to be lucky than good with a week in NYC.  Enjoy any exploring you can get.
    I'm sure that when you get down to the last few selectees it can get pretty challenging.