Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,226
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:
    Watching a billion SHIBA INU 
    I have no idea what this is but a billion seconds is ~ 31.6 years. So most of are on the planet for around 2.5 billion seconds. FWIW  B)
    That’s good to know..and some are watching a trillion SHIBA INU
    My crypto “investments” are almost back to where they started 3? Years ago 
    One can’t treat a volatile asset like a blue chip
    asset

One must buy low and sell high

winning some and losing some 

I accumulated the majority of this asset in that manner

its not luck as much as playing the law of averages for the past 3 years and patience 
    I dabble in crypto like other things so I can try understand them.  My annual income is based on CBOT and my ability to market.  “One must buy low and sell high” might be over simplifying things. You are also implying that you are winning at crypto and I call ****.
    I thought some folks were getting burned by the IRS on crypto because you have to pay taxes on the gains, but can’t deduct the losses.  So when you sell at a massive paper gain and invest in another cryptocurrency you owe taxes on the gains even if immediately reinvested.  However when the new cryptocurrency drops to zero in some cases and those folks lost it all, they still owe on the gains from the first sale.

Is that true or just internet rumors?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:
    I have no idea what this is but a billion seconds is ~ 31.6 years. So most of are on the planet for around 2.5 billion seconds. FWIW  B)
    asset

its not luck as much as playing the law of averages for the past 3 years and patience 
    I dabble in crypto like other things so I can try understand them.  My annual income is based on CBOT and my ability to market.  “One must buy low and sell high” might be over simplifying things. You are also implying that you are winning at crypto and I call ****.
    I thought some folks were getting burned by the IRS on crypto because you have to pay taxes on the gains, but can’t deduct the losses.  So when you sell at a massive paper gain and invest in another cryptocurrency you owe taxes on the gains even if immediately reinvested.  However when the new cryptocurrency drops to zero in some cases and those folks lost it all, they still owe on the gains from the first sale.

sounds right to me. all i see on google thats different is you can declare up to 3000 in losses which doesnt make you much of a crypto player....... =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    Waiting for a monthly E-ISAC security webinar to start. Man, I need to close some browser tabs 😂

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:
    asset

I don’t know, that’s a really good question, I thought about loss harvesting last year but it’s such a small amount I just held on to them. That would suck if it was true. Also it seems
    like those who held bitcoin like a blue chip might have made the right call.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    Costco wanted $30. for this, decided to grab one...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Beating the bank at its own game...
    Found out the hard way a bank I started dealing with recently prohibits online internal transfer of funds from chequing account (checking for :murica:) to 'Promo' high interest savings account (meant to attract only new money from external source I guess). What are cheques for, right?  ;)
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Just got done attempting to fix our dryer. It is making a god awful banging noise. My daughter said I sounded like the dad from A Christmas Story. My fix didn’t work but I ran out of patience. We’ll try again another day. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,144
    At the ATL airport, F terminal.  Thankfully my flight is on time, so I’m not fully F-ed (yet).  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Just got done attempting to fix our dryer. It is making a god awful banging noise. My daughter said I sounded like the dad from A Christmas Story. My fix didn’t work but I ran out of patience. We’ll try again another day. 
    Just did a similar fix last week. Bought a kit on Amazon including rollers, belt and pulley and changed it all out. All is now running as new. Very much worth it. 
  • Canugghead
    Just got done attempting to fix our dryer. It is making a god awful banging noise. My daughter said I sounded like the dad from A Christmas Story. My fix didn’t work but I ran out of patience. We’ll try again another day. 
    Just did a similar fix last week. Bought a kit on Amazon including rollers, belt and pulley and changed it all out. All is now running as new. Very much worth it. 
    My front load washer vibrates like a freight train, any pointers?
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    I did that a few months ago. That was a really loud screeching noise that fixed that. I noticed that the front of the machine was not on the hook on one side, I thought that might be what was happening. Turns out that wasn’t it. I will pull it all apart later this week and see what is going on.  
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just got done attempting to fix our dryer. It is making a god awful banging noise. My daughter said I sounded like the dad from A Christmas Story. My fix didn’t work but I ran out of patience. We’ll try again another day. 
    Yes. Get a new one. 🙃

I have no experience with front load washers, but given how easy it was to fix the dryer, I would not hesitate to try to diagnose and fix it. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,756
    Found my 2011 receipt for the “Triple Nickel” (my XL). 
    BGE isn’t weaseling me out of a lifetime warranty.

• Canugghead

Not so fast, where are the serial numbers?  ;)
    Just curious, is your tax rate still 6%? ours is 13% 
    canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,756
    @Canugghead. Most of Metro Atlanta is 7-8% now. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233

Not so fast, where are the serial numbers?  ;)
    Just curious, is your tax rate still 6%? ours is 13% 

you might like this, new hampshire is 0.00% =) im there everyday
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357

@Battleborn - A few years back my Maytag dryer had symptoms similar to yours.  In my case the problem was the blower wheel.  The blower motor has a metal D-shaft, the blower wheel is nylon and the flat portion of the inner hub had worn down.  Have a look at "Cause #2" on this page...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,593

Wow, those prices are very attractive. Inflation is REAL!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • alaskanassasin
    We bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer. 1 year later the washer computer went out, then the dampeners, then the gearbox was slinging oil all over the floor, meanwhile it beeped constantly and said rebalance load, which was worse and worse with the dampeners failing. 
     BBQ forum to the rescue we bought a Speed Queen, no computers love it. Dryer is next
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    We bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer. 1 year later the washer computer went out, then the dampeners, then the gearbox was slinging oil all over the floor, meanwhile it beeped constantly and said rebalance load, which was worse and worse with the dampeners failing. 
     BBQ forum to the rescue we bought a Speed Queen, no computers love it. Dryer is next

My parents just replaced their washer/dryer within the last year. Their previous set was probably pushing 35 years with my Dad repairing them when needed. Their new commercial set looks like it came from a city laundromat. Super basic looking but built right to last. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052
    Headed out to get a hook wet. I ordered this during my forum hiatus. Can I still be a member in good standing here? 

As long as it’s not a bass boat with a slightly-oversized trolling motor….

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,632
    Headed out to get a hook wet. I ordered this during my forum hiatus. Can I still be a member in good standing here? 

Depends on where you park it.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,055
    Looks like the before picture for a yet to be filmed Darwin Award video.  Keep the GoPro running.

"Hold my beer and watch this"
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    Those bass are ****! Sweet boat man!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130

Let that bird fly!

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Canugghead
    edited March 8
    Yes. Get a new one. 🙃

I have no experience with front load washers, but given how easy it was to fix the dryer, I would not hesitate to try to diagnose and fix it. 

Thanks for the tips, I'll remove the panels and take a look when I have time.
    canuckland