Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,579
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

Just finished watching on pvr, incredible!
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    Love me some lamb.  That is looking awesome.
    About those potatoes-great finish on those.  The first bite is gonna be impressive.
    IIRC, those potatoes have a unique pedigree that you and your compatriots rave about.
    Great post!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Using both Eggs to roast lamb and potatoes … have a great Saturday!

Those potatoes look like a crusty bread!  Please provide details or a link to where I can get lernt on making those!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,093
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Using both Eggs to roast lamb and potatoes … have a great Saturday!

Those potatoes look like a crusty bread!  Please provide details or a link to where I can get lernt on making those!
    @kl8ton this is is post about it on my food blog. I use Maris Piper potatoes, duck fat and Lodge cast iron. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Well I was going to drive to New Orleans. I-10 was completely shut down starting 14 miles from the Louisiana state line. I knew that the US 90 alternative route to the south was closed. The North alternative would have been winding through many miles of 2 lane goat tracks to I-59. I feel sorry for the tourists who believed their GPS.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    At the movie theater for Oppenheimer (finally).
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 382
    Options
    At the movie theater for Oppenheimer (finally).
    Be prepared to tell your wife that you agree, Florence Pugh is not very attractive.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ^^^ 😂 This guy gets it. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I thought it was very well done.  It’s not what I thought it was going to be about.  It’s not about him.  It’s about us.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,185
    Options
    I thought it was very well done.  It’s not what I thought it was going to be about.  It’s not about him.  It’s about us.
    I have yet to see it, but definitely want too.  Knowing his history and how we (US) treated him later in life was a travesty.  I find a lot of similarities between what was done to Openheimer and Alan Turing 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,185
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Not cooking but cooking.
    What is tied to that sand bag?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That is a shibumi shade, it’s a great beach shade that is quick to setup and very light. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    At the lake (Norman)

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,791
    Options
    In Search Of Cordless Slicing Knife no serrated blade , seems all electric corded and cordless are serrated ..any help greatly appreciated ( didnt want to start a thread ) 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,825
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    In Search Of Cordless Slicing Knife no serrated blade , seems all electric corded and cordless are serrated ..any help greatly appreciated ( didnt want to start a thread ) 

i think you would have to run one thru a sharpener to remove the serrations. not sure a straight edged blade will work with one of these anyways.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,791
    Options
    lkapigian said:

i think you would have to run one thru a sharpener to remove the serrations. not sure a straight edged blade will work with one of these anyways.
    Thank You 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Thank You 

if you are going hard core with one of these, they used to make models that ran off a car battery =)
    fukahwee maine

• TheFishWhisperer
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Thank You 

if you are going hard core with one of these, they used to make models that ran off a car battery =)
    I’ve done some things with electric knives and people.  Things that can’t be talked about in polite company.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Thank You 

I’ve done some things with electric knives and people.  Things that can’t be talked about in polite company.  
    It just  dawned on me who you are...sorry about that, it was a dull knife.  But then again,   it's good you can only whisper.......
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Just looked at another house. It would be a rental. Prices in my area are insane I just cannot believe the numbers. Looking to expand my rental portfolio. I feel like at the current trend this house will be worth another hundred k in 2 years.  Not sure I want to pull the trigger.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Just looked at another house. It would be a rental. Prices in my area are insane I just cannot believe the numbers. Looking to expand my rental portfolio. I feel like at the current trend this house will be worth another hundred k in 2 years.  Not sure I want to pull the trigger.
    Real estate can be a great buy. I must say that I’m often jealous of the pricing South of the border. We pay far too much here. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Real estate can be a great buy. I must say that I’m often jealous of the pricing South of the border. We pay far too much here. 
    Which southern border are you referring to here?   The Canadian one or the American one?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,579
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    and our mortgage interest is not tax deductible  :o
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,499
    Options
    Pretty neat song taking the world by storm. This guy’s got a big career ahead of him, I think. 

Here's the latest on the above song;

“Rich Men North of Richmond,” a new right-wing country anthem from unknown artist Oliver Anthony, has rocketed to No. 1 in the music charts in the past week, displacing Jason Aldean’s “Try That in a Small Town.”

The song, filled with bitter working-class frustration against wealthy Washington elites, shot to prominence after going viral with prominent conservatives. The YouTube video of the song was up to 13 million views by Tuesday.

Little is known about the singer/composer, a red-bearded farmer who reportedly lives off the grid with three dogs in Farmville, Va. Progressives are suspicious he’s a music-industry plant, given how rapidly he went from unknown to chart-topper."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

Thanks for giving that some play, both literally and figuratively.