Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

Time for an egg overhaul. New Rutland being applied to the dome. Old base sitting on dome for pressure.  I assembled the new nest handler. That thing is a solid piece of steel!  I was very surprised by how beefy it is. The old base cracked several months ago. I need to clear out some garage space so time for the old base to go bye-bye.  I knew I would pick the wrong time to start this project. We were babysitting last night and I had to cook for 10 kids. The medium was up to the task.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    edited August 2023
    Head's-Up to any MotoGP fans: NBC is broadcasting today's race in Great Britain, 1 pm MST.  This season NBC had been carrying the races just here in the US, so only two races per season.  Hope they're showing more races now, would hold me over until football season.  
    MotoGP does have a streaming service for all their races, but at $165/year; I'm not that much of a fan.    

EDIT:  Shoot.  After doing some digging it looks like NBC had been showing all races this year, first I've noticed!   :| 

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Reading about this new option for the ATL airport:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/ps-private-luxury-terminal-atl-airport/index.html

I wonder if there will be a Popeye's inside?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,479
    Reading about this new option for the ATL airport:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/ps-private-luxury-terminal-atl-airport/index.html

I wonder if there will be a Popeye's inside?

Just gotta get Duke to pony up for that deal.  Start with letting them know the annual fee is cheaper than hiring that private jet.
    I'm sure @Ozzie_Isaac is lobbying for one in PHX. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Experiencing how the density of a substance, in this case meat responds to being nuked...
    Took a slice of last night's picanha (with around 1/4" fat cap on one side) and nuked it.  The protein was perfect and the cap needed more work.  A high school physics lesson reaffirmed.  The picanha is one of the very few cuts I cook that has such a distinct boundary to mess with.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    lousubcap said:
    Experiencing how the density of a substance, in this case meat responds to being nuked...
    Took a slice of last night's picanha (with around 1/4" fat cap on one side) and nuked it.  The protein was perfect and the cap needed more work.  A high school physics lesson reaffirmed.  The picanha is one of the very few cuts I cook that has such a distinct boundary to mess with.  FWIW-
    Did you put your power on 50%?  If not, try that.  Much more even heating.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Reportedly a picture of “vegans eating as many calories as possible.” Horrifying.

• lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - yep.  I'm a fan of 50% power max.  Thanks for the tip.
  • JohnInCarolina
    @GrateEggspectations - uhm... wtf?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Deleted my facebook account.
    I really didn't want to; I've got groups of friends, both Air Force and musicians, from every place I've lived, classmates from three different colleges, family I don't get to see often.  Facebook was a cool way to stay in touch with so many people, but...
    Its algorithms are just getting more and more evil.  It'll "suggest" something to me, and I'll hit "Hide all from tom brady/aquarium pumps/Schnauzers/etc (and most recently jason aldean)", and apparently the algorithm says, "Oh, you didn't like that aldean post?  Here's seven more, maybe one of them?"  I've had enough; it was a cool idea at first but like so many other things in Life, greed has destroyed it.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• @GrateEggspectations - uhm... wtf?
    I forgot to say that it was AI-generated. That’s what makes it so funny/disturbing. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    @GrateEggspectations - uhm... wtf?
    I forgot to say that it was AI-generated. That’s what makes it so funny/disturbing. 
    Yeah I'm really not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. 
  • Botch said:
    I really didn't want to; I've got groups of friends, both Air Force and musicians, from every place I've lived, classmates from three different colleges, family I don't get to see often.  Facebook was a cool way to stay in touch with so many people, but...
    Its algorithms are just getting more and more evil.  It'll "suggest" something to me, and I'll hit "Hide all from tom brady/aquarium pumps/Schnauzers/etc (and most recently jason aldean)", and apparently the algorithm says, "Oh, you didn't like that aldean post?  Here's seven more, maybe one of them?"  I've had enough; it was a cool idea at first but like so many other things in Life, greed has destroyed it.  
    I say you wait to see who the winner of the Muskerberg fight is and then create a new account with their service. 

Not sure who I would want to see lose more. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    I say you wait to see who the winner of the Muskerberg fight is and then create a new account with their service. 

The chances that ends up being a "real fight" where one or both get seriously injured are likely very small, unfortunately.  This will be like one of those dumb celebrity fights where they dance around each other in the ring for half an hour and then walk off after a big hug.  Hard pass.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Would love to remove FB from my life.  Unfortunately, they have their hooks into my business and my personal life.  Seems like every single organization uses FB for communication and scheduling.  If you aren't on FB you cannot find out about all the local rodeos, you cannot register, and you can't see the current points for any of the circuits.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

The chances that ends up being a "real fight" where one or both get seriously injured are likely very small, unfortunately.  This will be like one of those dumb celebrity fights where they dance around each other in the ring for half an hour and then walk off after a big hug.  Hard pass.   
    Unless they show up in huge mechanized battle suits all of their money has been wasted.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    who gets to play ripley or maybe she gets to enter the ring as well to make it more interesting

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    who gets to play ripley or maybe she gets to enter the ring as well to make it more interesting

Elizabeth Holmes would make sense but I think she’s in jail at the moment, so could be tough for her to make it.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

Elizabeth Holmes would make sense but I think she’s in jail at the moment, so could be tough for her to make it.

a jail fight would be good, but i think a 73 year old ripley could take them both at the same time

Sigourney Weaver at the Avatar 2 premiere Credit Alan D West  Alamy Stock Photo

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Our Prime Minister and a Senator boxed for charity in 2012. Trudeau won. 

When are you guys going to get Biden into the ring? 😂
  • lousubcap
    Hoping the local power company is gonna hit their restoration time of 3:30 PM as we lost the juice around 2:15 AM.  Pretty special as the utility has slightly over 1,000,000 customers and 2,000 of us are not on the grid.  Been rolling the generator since around 7 AM after their first restoration of 6 AM was blown away.  At least this is the first time for losing it this month.  B)
  • lousubcap
    ^^^^ Now that is funny @fishlessman
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    Joe could be the best cut man in the business.

Not a felon
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    Just got home from our county fair, lusting after a corn dog and funnel cake on the drive there.  Didn't happen, turns out the fair opens at 5pm M-Th this year.  I am just totally disillusioned, who ever heard of a fair not opening until 5pm?  smh.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    We have moved into the lucky (or not) 1,000 not on the grid.  The great majority effected around here got it restored around 45 minutes ago.  However, there is a small group of houses that get the power from a different main line.  Oops-didn't take care of us.  Next guess 6:30 PM.  And so it goes. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    We have moved into the lucky (or not) 1,000 not on the grid.  The great majority effected around here got it restored around 45 minutes ago.  However, there is a small group of houses that get the power from a different main line.  Oops-didn't take care of us.  Next guess 6:30 PM.  And so it goes. 
    Ah man, that is no bueno.  Hopefully after that reactor scram you have enough juice to run the CO2 scrubbers, AC, fridges, and freezers.

• I loathe going to Walmart… my humidifier in the fermentation chamber quit so it was kinda a priority to get a new one. Hd couldn’t find the 7 they have in stock so Walmart online has them isle G8.  I can run in and out. 
     I get to the self checkout and I hear a woman in the bathroom yelling “help, help me” over and over so I look at the Walmart checkout dude and I’m like there is a lady yelling help in the bathroom, do something! He looks at me like ohh is that what that is? And walks in circles not sure what to do, he comes back to me looking confused and says it’s company policy that we can’t… I interrupted him and said she is yelling
    for help man someone needs to help her! Call an ambulance or something! Finally a lady behind me said she will check it out, she comes back and said someone has fallen and the stall is locked. I am halfway across town when I see an ambulance finally heading that way. 
     Wtf is wrong with people.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.