Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,127
    Options
    I loathe going to Walmart… my humidifier in the fermentation chamber quit so it was kinda a priority to get a new one. Hd couldn’t find the 7 they have in stock so Walmart online has them isle G8.  I can run in and out. 
     I get to the self checkout and I hear a woman in the bathroom yelling “help, help me” over and over so I look at the Walmart checkout dude and I’m like there is a lady yelling help in the bathroom, do something! He looks at me like ohh is that what that is? And walks in circles not sure what to do, he comes back to me looking confused and says it’s company policy that we can’t… I interrupted him and said she is yelling
    for help man someone needs to help her! Call an ambulance or something! Finally a lady behind me said she will check it out, she comes back and said someone has fallen and the stall is locked. I am halfway across town when I see an ambulance finally heading that way. 
     Wtf is wrong with people.
    Can’t wait to hear the @Ybabpmuts response to this one, where he mentions a cousin tootsie that once fell headfirst into a toilet and drown in the restroom of a 7-11 while the manager just stood there and stared at the Slurpee machine.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,503
    Options
    Packing. 10am flight to Nashville for another customer conference. Should be a fun one
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,842
    Options
    I loathe going to Walmart… my humidifier in the fermentation chamber quit so it was kinda a priority to get a new one. Hd couldn’t find the 7 they have in stock so Walmart online has them isle G8.  I can run in and out. 
     I get to the self checkout and I hear a woman in the bathroom yelling “help, help me” over and over so I look at the Walmart checkout dude and I’m like there is a lady yelling help in the bathroom, do something! He looks at me like ohh is that what that is? And walks in circles not sure what to do, he comes back to me looking confused and says it’s company policy that we can’t… I interrupted him and said she is yelling
    for help man someone needs to help her! Call an ambulance or something! Finally a lady behind me said she will check it out, she comes back and said someone has fallen and the stall is locked. I am halfway across town when I see an ambulance finally heading that way. 
    If I’m feeling down, I go to Walmart, always makes me feel better about myself 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    Can’t wait to hear the @Ybabpmuts response to this one, where he mentions a cousin tootsie that once fell headfirst into a toilet and drown in the restroom of a 7-11 while the manager just stood there and stared at the Slurpee machine.  
    Awe dang, JIC.  You have been infected.  You are starting to think like Stump Baby.  Hopefully you can seek treatment before it's permanent.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Awe dang, JIC.  You have been infected.  You are starting to think like Stump Baby.  Hopefully you can seek treatment before it's permanent.
    I’ll respond to this once I can come up with something equally unfunny and annoying to post.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,435
    edited August 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    We have moved into the lucky (or not) 1,000 not on the grid.  The great majority effected around here got it restored around 45 minutes ago.  However, there is a small group of houses that get the power from a different main line.  Oops-didn't take care of us.  Next guess 6:30 PM.  And so it goes. 
    The only silver lining is that you’ll have no option but to run the grill for dinner. And to keep cool by sipping a cold beverage, assuming your ac is out. 😎
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,631
    edited August 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    We have moved into the lucky (or not) 1,000 not on the grid.  The great majority effected around here got it restored around 45 minutes ago.  However, there is a small group of houses that get the power from a different main line.  Oops-didn't take care of us.  Next guess 6:30 PM.  And so it goes. 
    Ah man, that is no bueno.  Hopefully after that reactor scram you have enough juice to run the CO2 scrubbers, AC, fridges, and freezers.

@Ozzie_Isaac Not the first time we have been considered "good" and reality is otherwise.  I called the outage line and spoke with a CSR (aka messenger).  We were both looking at the same outage map (surprise) and I carefully explained the wiring lash up.  She took notes, read 'em back and said she would get them to a line crew.
    Well, around 40 minutes ago, on came the juice.
    I have not trained my unidentified replacement who is on the same circuit but it will happen or this little area will always face the above mistake.
    I learned the hard way by talking with line crews out here.
    BTW- what do you know about CO2 scrubbers??

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,385
    Options
    Tired. It’s hot. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Tired. It’s hot. 
    Love the proper use of punctuation and sentence structure.  Succinct posts are under rated. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Tired. It’s hot. 
    Love the proper use of punctuation and sentence structure.  Succinct posts are under rated. 
    Yes.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,441
    Options
    Tired. It’s hot. 
    Yes.
    I agree. It's difficult to proofread posts on my phone. I enter a rage with scrolling and zooming while trying to get the coursor to do my bidding. I then become the curser.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Tired. It’s hot. 
    Yes.
    Genius.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Kayne Prime Steakhouse last night. Progression of grade. NY Strip reverse seared…prime. American wagyu, Aussie Wagyu 

I read that first line too quickly as “Kanye Prime Steakhouse” and thought dang for once that guy has done something useful in his life.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Kayne Prime Steakhouse last night. Progression of grade. NY Strip reverse seared…prime. American wagyu, Aussie Wagyu 

Really nice to be able to compare them. I remember back while studying, that there was a discussion about eating an apple in one of my philosophy classes. Every time we eat an apple, we eat it and tell ourselves “this is the taste of an apple”. We are quick to put the item we are consuming into a category of things we’ve tasted before, when in reality, the taste is not the same from one to the next and each instance can actually present wildly varying flavours. 

When I eat a steak, I tell myself this is a steak, and I believe it to be good most times. 

Neat to have one after the other, as it allows you to actually appreciate the unique flavours and textures of each.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Kayne Prime Steakhouse last night. 
    I read that first line too quickly as “Kanye Prime Steakhouse” and thought dang for once that guy has done something useful in his life.
    Kanye’s Prime Steakhouse has the potential to be a legendary Saturday Night Live skit or TikTok meme or something. So many ludicrous avenues. lol 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,631
    Options
    @ColbyLang - great opportunity right there.  Care to offer your flavour (nod) profile assessments of the cuts?

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Really sad to see Maui, specifically Lahaina burning.  Just devastating.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Kayne Prime Steakhouse last night. 
    Kanye’s Prime Steakhouse has the potential to be a legendary Saturday Night Live skit or TikTok meme or something. So many ludicrous avenues. lol 
    The sign would read in all caps and bright lights though: YE’S PRIME STEAKHOUSE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Our neighbors have apparently allowed AirBNB trailers.  They are all so loud and obnoxious.

I just played the Purge Announcement at full volume on my outdoor Klipsch.  They shut off their lights and put their kids away 🤣
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Our neighbors have apparently allowed AirBNB trailers.  They are all so loud and obnoxious.

I just played the Purge Announcement at full volume on my outdoor Klipsch.  They shut off their lights and put their kids away 🤣
    Bet it's time like these you wished you lived in an HOA. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,842
    Options
    Prop 12 is in full swing in California Good luck finding Pork anymore , Thanks Gavin
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023
    Options

Your point is well taken.  I will call the county because they are in violation of a county ordinance, plus they had a septic put in for RVs and I don't see a permit for that.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,503
    Options

Your point is well taken.  I will call the county because they are in violation of a county ordinance, plus they had a septic put in for RVs and I don't see a permit for that.
    My short term rental fight is just about over with a favorable city council ordinance coming up for residential neighborhoods within the city limits. I’ve fought it for 4 + years. It doesn’t pass and we will be moving out of the city. We’ve already got blueprints drawn. Hate that it’s come to this. These ppl used to be our friends. Now 16 lawsuits later, resolution is within reach. As long as our moronic mayor/president doesn’t veto it. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,854
    Options

you live in what looks like a health spa....can you redecorate =)

Inside Oakland the uber-liberal US city overwhelmed by crime

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,649
    Options

See if you can find their listing on hipcamp or harvest host. There are other smaller sites out there, but I'll bet it's on at least one of these.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

you live in what looks like a health spa....can you redecorate =)

Inside Oakland the uber-liberal US city overwhelmed by crime

I like the way you think. They are, thankfully, at the back of my property.  It would be very easy to drop some shipping containers on that end to block the view, and then pile all the barn junk that accumulates between my containers and their camp ground.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,649
    Options
    Needs a bass boat
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,358
    Options
    And some toilet flower 🌹 planters,
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options