Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    kl8ton said:
    Just looked at another house. It would be a rental. Prices in my area are insane I just cannot believe the numbers. Looking to expand my rental portfolio. I feel like at the current trend this house will be worth another hundred k in 2 years.  Not sure I want to pull the trigger.
    Real estate can be a great buy. I must say that I’m often jealous of the pricing South of the border. We pay far too much here. 

it will catch up in the good areas, alot of canadian investors buying here and renting as airbnb's. prices are skyrocketing in tourist areas and the tax on the properties is keeping up. good for investments, not so much if you want to live in a generational family property
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2023
    lousubcap said:
    Pretty neat song taking the world by storm. This guy’s got a big career ahead of him, I think. 

Here's the latest on the above song;

“Rich Men North of Richmond,” a new right-wing country anthem from unknown artist Oliver Anthony, has rocketed to No. 1 in the music charts in the past week, displacing Jason Aldean’s “Try That in a Small Town.”

The song, filled with bitter working-class frustration against wealthy Washington elites, shot to prominence after going viral with prominent conservatives. The YouTube video of the song was up to 13 million views by Tuesday.

Little is known about the singer/composer, a red-bearded farmer who reportedly lives off the grid with three dogs in Farmville, Va. Progressives are suspicious he’s a music-industry plant, given how rapidly he went from unknown to chart-topper."

Politics aside, that "song" sucks big time. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Took today off, a night my wife was going to make one of the few things that she makes really well, white chicken chili. I decided that I would make it for her. She will probably be slightly pi$$ed at my substitutions and additions. Oh well 🤷‍♂️. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,608
    @Battleborn as you are well aware, no ⚾️🏐⚽️, no blue chips.  Good luck with the outcome. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,242
    Reviewing team performance.  Until I came on board nobody made time.

Brutal.  Conversion rates significantly lower than advertised.  Thinking things are about to change.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• @Ozzie_Isaac

Don’t you work with your wife now? I hope you don’t need to hear this, but maybe you want to refrain from evaluating her performance.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Unbelievably we have accelerated to Game Week #2 already!  Where does the time go? And what have we learnt? Not much other than my solid gold predictions remain the only viable way for you to make fabulous riches by simply applying wanton and reckless gambling to my tips.

Here we go

Friday

Notts Forest v Sheff Utd - a relegation six pointer already? Both lost last time out and equally need the points form this one. Nervy 2-1 and the mountain ahead looks steep for the Blades.

Saturday

Fulham v Brentford, neighbours in West London and in terms of performance and outlook. Except the hosts are looking a tad shaky with injuries and the lure of the Saudi league attracting some of their older talent seeking for a final, eye-watering pay cheque (NB, that’s the correct spelling of cheque) 1-2

Liverpool v Bournemouth, the Reds have been flaccid in the transfer market and looking disjointed but maybe Fenway Sports Group will open the cheque book soon (still correct spelling of cheque). Should have enough for the Cherries though. 2-0

Luton v Burnley - postponed because the Hatters ground is literally in someone’s back garden and needs major upgrades before they can host matches.  They could be relegated before they even play a home game at this rate. 

Wolves v Brighton, the conspiracy is looking less like a conspiracy every week.  The filthy Seagulls confront another team that are in a mess. Why don’t we just do the open-top bus parade now, eh? 0-2

Spurs v Man Utd, very little optimism around spurs right now and their worst ever season could be on the cards.  Admittedly that’s a mid-table finish, but Sir the Lord of Harry And All That having gone does leave a big hole. 0-2

Man City v Newcastle, this is almost certainly 1st v 2nd come the end of the season. Should be all blood and thunder and in fact it’s tricky to call. So I’ll duck out with 2-2.

Sunday

Women’s World Cup Final : Spain v England .  Megan Rapinoe contributing to the event by being on a beach several thousand miles away.  Just saying

Aston Villa v Everton, 1-0 stamped all over it.

West Ham v Chelsea, Todd Boehly has orchestrated total, absolute and complete chaos at The Chels.  Spending on new players is close to £1bn which is more than entire leagues in other countries. And it’s a mess. I doubt the players who turn out even know each other’s names. 1-0

Monday

Palace v Arsenal, meh - not looking forward o this or any other match this season against a half competent opposition.  Glimmer of hope, briefing as we score a break away goal but otherwise get short shrift 1-3

There you go. That’s my highlight of the weekend, can’t be 3lb sirloin on the bone every week, can it? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Reviewing team performance.  Until I came on board nobody made time.

Brutal.  Conversion rates significantly lower than advertised.  Thinking things are about to change.
    As a wise person once said, culture swallows strategy for breakfast.  
    Can be a very lonely place when you're the only one doing the right thing.
    Let us know how it goes.
  • @Ozzie_Isaac

If it’s any consolation, Ozzie, I’m currently in the midst of the same exercise. The hardest thing is raising performance issues with staff whose previous management never highlighted any “opportunities for development”. I’ve inherited staff who have gone years without constructive criticism, which has led many to wildly overestimate their capabilities. 
  • CPFC1905
    @Ozzie_Isaac

If it’s any consolation, Ozzie, I’m currently in the midst of the same exercise. The hardest thing is raising performance issues with staff whose previous management never highlighted any “opportunities for development”. I’ve inherited staff who have gone years without constructive criticism, which has led many to wildly overestimate their capabilities. 
    Walked that walk, too.  
    Only consolation for me was that after two years when I went on to a new role the staff who moaned about me at the time inherited a new boss who was 'their mate'.  It all went downhill fast and they all fell out.  Meh.
    Most people just like being spoken to with dignity and treated like adults, most of the issues fall away by themselves.  Some are stubborn and always find someone else to blame, then you've got to weigh up if the company will support you in dealing with them.   Or you could always ceremonially sacrifice someone, going all Roman Emperor about it =) 
    We don't have 'at-will' sacking over here. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,175
    CPFC1905 said:

One of the main reasons we broke free of the British Empire, back in the day, if I recall correctly.  If you can’t sack people at will, do you really live in a free society?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    thought maybe this was some odd british teabagging thing, but i was wrong....

penalty of the sack

“Immediately upon conviction, the head of the criminal was bound in a wolf’s skin; wooden soles were put under his feet; he was beaten with either blood-red rods, or rocs of a special shrub; he was then tied in a sack with animals and the sack drawn by a yoke of black oxen to the sea or the nearest river.”

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,641
    Clearing my HVAC drain line. Thanks ewetube.cleaning HVAC drain line. Thanks ewetube.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Clearing my HVAC drain line. Thanks ewetube.cleaning HVAC drain line. Thanks ewetube.
    No Secondary Drain Pan under the coil ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,641
    That’s a plywood floor. I put a turkey pan underneath but it was full. 18 minutes of water hose at full blast and the line is clear. I no longer hear a drip 💧 in to the pan while it is running. I have it set up so that I can repeat as needed in just 10 minutes.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    That’s a plywood floor. I put a turkey pan underneath but it was full. 18 minutes of water hose at full blast and the line is clear. I no longer hear a drip 💧 in to the pan while it is running. I have it set up so that I can repeat as needed in just 10 minutes.
    Crazy UMC has required secondary pans for years , may look at installing an overflow switch 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    He!!- we have to have an overflow switch in flyover country.  Figured we would be one of the last to do anything like that.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    Ok JohnInCarolina said:
    CPFC1905 said:

One of the main reasons we broke free of the British Empire, back in the day, if I recall correctly.  If you can’t sack people at will, do you really live in a free society?  ;)
    Indeed and as a wise man once said,
    “If we had no rules where would be?  France
    If we had too many rules where would we be? Germany.”
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Battleborn
    Sounds like Hillary is pretty moist. The talking heads make it sound like I’m going to need an ark to get around this weekend. They are even giving out sandbags. Minus the sand. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Sounds like Hillary is pretty moist. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn

Glad you caught that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,065
    edited August 2023
    Deep within the humid swamps of some bayou, possibly in a seafood shack, drool drips off the chin of a wealthy pipelayer.
    Somewhere, in the distance, a dog barks.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I was in a swampy bayou once, me and Beulah, and it took me a while to realize we were in a swampy bayou, just because Beulah sometimes smelled like a swampy bayou anyway. I guess she had what my momma called moisture patches in her pants and then a week later you could pretend you were in a swampy bayou without all the dangerous snakes and all the bearded trees hanging over your head. At first it was so much fun, but then you realize Beulah has a serious swampy bayou problem south of the border, and after it's all gone she's gonna need new pants for sure.
  • lousubcap
    The news-it is Hilary (one L-sorry about that...) so no one should be triggered either way.  By the time it arrives CONUS it will be a tropical storm and not be much of a deal as of now.
    But to be a weather guesser you need to minor in high drama and this is a rare chance in the SW USA.  FWIW-
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    My cousin Billy had a horrible case of conus back just before the pandemic. He had to wear a mask on his face and his conus infected parts. We had to tape the little cotton handles to each side of his bum, but he giggled when we did it, so we knew even though he had the conus, his spirits were high, especially when you taped mask loops on either side of his bum
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,065
    lousubcap said:
    The news-it is Hilary (one L-sorry about that...) so no one should be triggered either way.  By the time it arrives CONUS it will be a tropical storm and not be much of a deal as of now.
    But to be a weather guesser you need to minor in high drama and this is a rare chance in the SW USA.  FWIW-
    Latest I saw it was leaning back into the Pacific, away from land BUT over hotter water, and if it veers back, well...  :|  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,545
    Just returned home from a quick trip to Blackwater Fall.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,242
    edited August 2023
    Showed performance numbers to management (wife). She ignored them at first, I was a bit miffed, but let it fester for the day.  Finally she sat down and looked at them closer.  Now she is drinking.

Told her this is an opportunity for her to take the reins off and let me do what she hired me to do.  Now we have the "numbers" justification to implement the performance improvement and training plans I want to.  Also justification for why the changes.  (All these nancies need reasons these days to do what management says).  Although based on initial lackluster responses from some people she send some preliminary info to, I may have nobody left to help improve because she is about to just clean ship.

So Monday I will either have PIPs or hiring requirements.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL