Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 949
    Options
    I wonder with these new weather patterns, if it's getting harder for the forecasters to really predict what's going to happen in situations like that, although it's not like they're always right with regular weather patterns either 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,516
    Options
    SOCAL weather guessers don't have a whole lot of experience with anything outside the same pattern day after day.  A little rain but in general tomorrow is gonna be like today.  Thus when a curve ball rolls in...clearly the computer models need an update.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 949
    Options
    Ah, in the northeast (I'm in Mass) things are much more dynamic I guess.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,794
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Al Sleet the Hippy Dippy Weather Man , classic Carlin ( some one please fix so it doesn’t redirect, can’t seem to do it from my phone, worth a watch for Carlin 

https://youtu.be/D1uaw3WIOlc
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,196
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hilary has only brought blowing winds to Southern AZ, but none of the good stuff we need, like rain 

Really should have been named Monica.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Walking through Gas Lamp District,  Covid Panic set in, most everything closed… That being said, better safe than sorry , I do not envy you gulf coast folks 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian - presume in response to the over-hype of the weather guessers...
    No crowd at your restaurant of choice it appears!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,461
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Walking through Gas Lamp District,  Covid Panic set in, most everything closed… That being said, better safe than sorry , I do not envy you gulf coast folks 
    Hurricanes are/used to be fun. Bunch of beer, make sure you got something to BBQ…lotta wind, lotta rain…clean up the yard and help your neighbors. Then Louisiana got Katrina and Rita back to back, the same year I bought my first house. The devastation makes you take things into perspective…..that and having kids
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,371
    edited August 2023
    Options
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,367
    Options

Only in America would you have to go indoors to be in the outdoors.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Only in America would you have to go indoors to be in the outdoors.

Great place to shop for the outdoors ...if you need a tee-shirt 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Leaving San Diego 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    @lkapigian safe travels 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

D@amn, you travel in style. Next time, get a shot of the plane for the exotics thread. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Leaving San Diego 

the fuel gage reads empty.......
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    with the fuel gage, i saw that flying to the bahamas once, turns out it was just broken.....what a relief =)
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,328
    Options
    A broken fuel gauge is a relief? It shows a lack of concern for maintenance  in my opinion.
  • fishlessman
    edited August 2023
    Options
    A broken fuel gauge is a relief? It shows a lack of concern for maintenance  in my opinion.

30 years ago the outer islands in the bahamas was unique, judging from all the crashed planes around the island....luck was with you if you actually landed (crashed planes dotted everywhere).....the fishing was good =) i literally overheard the airport schedule a pilot to fly a plane with a cracked block with passengers back to miami where they could fix the plane (pilot was verbally against it). it was another fishing group out of montana... became a problem when i told the flyshop running the trip about it, go figure ;) they run planes bigger and nicer than old crop dusters now.....the landing strip was way too small back then.
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    Options
    @lkapigian

D@amn, you travel in style. Next time, get a shot of the plane for the exotics thread. 
    I do have a friend that has a King Air Super, this was Commercial, I just like the front of the plane … limo ride home from the airport, I’m leaving nothing for my kids lol

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

Looks great, save for that can of Ultra! 😂 I can’t lie….. I have some on hand at home now. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Now you are just showing off @lkapigian and you have earned it.  Gotta be a short hop on that plane.  Back to your private jet when you can at least enjoy your own cocktail with the quick trip.  B)
  • TheFishWhisperer
    Options

30 years ago the outer islands in the bahamas was unique, judging from all the crashed planes around the island....luck was with you if you actually landed (crashed planes dotted everywhere).....the fishing was good =) i literally overheard the airport schedule a pilot to fly a plane with a cracked block with passengers back to miami where they could fix the plane (pilot was verbally against it). it was another fishing group out of montana... became a problem when i told the flyshop running the trip about it, go figure ;) they run planes bigger and nicer than old crop dusters now.....the landing strip was way too small back then.
    Imagine how this read before I edited it!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Please do a video whispering it for effect....Mr whisperer
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They fill the plane based on the flight plan, in other words they use math so they know they have more than enough fuel.  But a bad sign nonetheless 
    They fill the plane based on the flight plan, in other words they use math so they know they have more than enough fuel.  But a bad sign nonetheless 
    That doesn’t account for a fuel leak 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 380
    Options
    Or doing it in liters rather than gallons, as happened.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,055
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i would rather fly with a broken gas gage than a cracked engine block.....
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Corv said:

well you get more liters than gallons, thats why a tank full in canada costs more. well thats how the french guy at the station explained it to me.
    fukahwee maine

• TheFishWhisperer
    Options
    Corv said:

well you get more liters than gallons, thats why a tank full in canada costs more. well thats how the french guy at the station explained it to me.
    My posts make more sense when they’re written in their original Canadian French.