Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHEETO INDICTED!

Options

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I don’t usually agree with Ann, but..
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Something I don't understand, why splurge for a fancy chandelier and then use a cheap vinyl shower curtain? 

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Something I don't understand, why splurge for a fancy chandelier and then use a cheap vinyl shower curtain? 

It’s probably a Trump Curtain. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Some recent media observations:

"The conservative-movement press has been more skeptical of Trump than the Trump-aligned Fox, Newsmax, and One America News Network. An established beacon of the former category, the National Review’s editorial board takes the charges seriously: “We understand why many conservatives are unwilling to view the charges against Trump in a vacuum given that the Justice Department let Hillary Clinton off the hook for her reckless handling of government secrets … that President Biden is unlikely to pay a price for his own mishandling of classified documents, and that Democrats and their allies have pursued a yearslong campaign to get Trump. All of those are legitimate considerations … But it doesn’t change the fact the country wouldn’t be in this uncharted territory if Trump hadn’t taken documents he had no right to, and simply complied when asked to give them back.”

At The Wall Street Journal, a conservative, free-market-oriented editorial board has been critical of Trump in the past. But a Journal editorial questions the wisdom of indicting him: “As usual, Mr. Trump is his own worst enemy. ‘This would have gone nowhere,’ former Attorney General Bill Barr told CBS recently, ‘had the President just returned the documents. But he jerked them around for a year and a half.’ That being said, if prosecutors think that this will absolve them of the political implications of their decision to charge Mr. Trump, they fail to understand what they’ve unleashed.”"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    likely GOP voters have been brainwashed

• lousubcap
    Options
    Every source in the indictment is a R.  The head of the FBI was appointed by CHEETO. R's everywhere so I guess that's enough motivation.  Sad!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Some media/polling info from today:

"The former president sought to galvanize his supporters to view the entire American justice system as corrupt, weaponized to target conservatives and deployed to prevent him from winning the 2024 election. … ‘These people don’t stop and they’re bad and we have to get rid of them,’ Trump said to an audience assembled by the Georgia Republican Party. ‘These criminals cannot be rewarded. They must be defeated.’”

NYT“‘This is the final battle,’ Mr. Trump said in the speech to several thousand activists, delegates and members of the media who gathered in Columbus, Ga., at a brick building that was once an ironworks that manufactured mortars, guns and cannons for the Confederate Army in the Civil War.

“Mr. Trump spoke about the threats to the nation. But his escalating language also showed something more fundamental was in increasing jeopardy: his own freedom.”

HOW IT’S LANDING …

— New ABC News/Ipsos poll: “Pluralities of Americans support second Trump indictment, say charges are politically motivated,”by ABC’s Brittany Shepherd: “Nearly half — 48% — of Americans think Trump should have been charged in this case, whereas 35% think he should not have been and 17% saying they do not know.”

— New CBS News poll: “After Trump indictment, most see security risk, but Republicans see politics,” by CBS’ Anthony Salvanto, Kabir Khanna, Fred Backus and Jennifer De Pinto: Only 7% of GOP primary voters say the indictment makes them think less of Trump, as he’s crushing Florida Gov. RON DeSANTIS nationally, 61% to 23%.

— Former AG BILL BARR on “Fox News Sunday” this morning: “I was shocked by the degree of sensitivity of these documents and how many there were, frankly. … If even half of it is true, then he’s toast.I mean, it’s a very detailed indictment, and it’s very, very damning. And this idea of presenting Trump as a victim here, a victim of a witch hunt, is ridiculous.”"

He is feeling the squeeze and losing control of the narrative.

CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options

"Former President Trump has been searching to find a qualified Florida lawyer willing to join his defense team as he faces the Justice Department over his alleged mishandling of classified documents today. Yesterday afternoon, Trump interviewed prospective lawyers and met with his legal team and other top advisers. According to people familiar with the matter, several prominent Florida attorneys refused to take the case after two key defense lawyers resigned last week. Spencer S. Hsu, David Ovalle, Jacqueline Alemany, and Josh Dawsey report for the Washington Post

U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon, a then-President Trump appointee, is expected to have control of the case concerning the alleged mishandling of classified documents. Legal experts have described some of Cannon’s pro-Trump rulings as audacious and even lawless. Some ethics experts have said Cannon should recuse herself. Kyle Cheney and Josh Gerstein report for POLITICO."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    More insight into CHEETO's challenges in finding lawyers:

"Attorneys who represent Trump also risk blowback from those in the legal profession, including lawyers in their own firm, along with uncommonly harsh treatment from an increasingly partisan press.

Finally, it must be noted that Trump is the opposite of the ideal client. Several years ago, a friend of mine rebuffed feelers to represent the 45th U.S. president. When I asked him why, my friend explained that he'd queried several New York City lawyers he knew. The book on Trump? "His reputation in the New York bar is that he doesn't take his attorney's advice," my friend said, "and he doesn't pay his legal bills.""

Nothing new here, something akin to a leopard and spots. 

• lousubcap
    edited June 2023
    Options
    One writer's summary of today's show:
    "I'm a contrarian among media types when it comes to allowing cameras in the courtroom for the Trump (personal edit CHEETO) trial. I'm glad there were no cameras in the court for today's arraignment and I hope that continues to be the case. We've spent enough time obsessed with the Trump (personal edit CHEETO) show. Especially when it comes to the impending case over his efforts to incite an insurrection and overthrow an election, we already witnessed the treacherous behavior in real time. In a split America, the only thing that's been undivided has been our attention on Trump CHEETO. Trump CHEETO has taken enough from Americans. He did the crime, we shouldn't have to do the time. The masses didn't show up outside the courtroom in Miami. The mass media should take the cue."

Edit: CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 

• HeavyG
    edited June 2023
    Options

Interesting. Fox has been known to have refused to run some ads back in the day that were critical of the 'ol Trumpster.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Best to just leave CHEETO  as a poison on our democracy.  The MSM can't and I get why which only fuels his fire.  What a F'tard.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    From Tom Nichols of The Atlantic- always worth a read:
    Yes it pertains to CHEETO- for the acolytes, read at your peril!

• lousubcap
    Options
    In the interest of offering some columnists writing (as opposed to the 15-30 second screen sound bites) here are the thoughts of Fareed Zakaria (CNN):

Uncertain Politics Hang Over Trump’s Arraignment

As former President Donald Trump appeared in a federal court in Miami today—to be arraigned on 37 criminal counts related to his alleged retention of documents sensitive to US national security, a case in which Trump has denied all wrongdoing—reactions have depended, to a degree, on extant Trump-related sentiments.

To some Republicans and right-leaning media outlets, Trump’s indictment is a perversion of justice. As BBC US Special Correspondent Katty Kay writes, GOP reactions have varied—from a full-throated defense of Trump by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to the sharp criticism of Trump offered up by former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, now a Trump presidential-campaign rival. CNN’s Ronald Brownstein sees elected Republicans largely lining up behind Trump (and his GOP critics as outliers). 

To others, the charges are quite serious, entailing allegations that Trump dangerously mishandled vital national secrets. The case puts Trump in serious legal jeopardy, the Financial Times editorial board writes—and it poses yet another challenge to US institutions, a recurring feature of American politics since Trump’s successful 2016 presidential campaign. 

The FT editorializes: “The US system thus faces two grave tests: the judiciary will be put under acute stress to show it is working fairly and methodically. … The even graver test is political. Far from harming Trump’s popular standing, each indictment appears to solidify his grip over the Republican base. Most of Trump’s rivals for the nomination, including Florida’s governor, Ron DeSantis, have echoed Trump’s claims of a corrupt judiciary doing President Joe Biden’s bidding.” 

The Wall Street Journal’s Sadie Gurman astutely notes this case appears to have sidelined Attorney General Merrick Garland’s hopes of keeping the Justice Department and US politics separate. While questioning the “conventional wisdom” that large, politically opposed blocs of American voters will view the Trump-documents case completely differently, Wall Street Journal Editor at Large Gerard Baker predicts nonetheless in a column that if the 2024 presidential election is to be a repeat of 2020’s Trump vs. Biden race, either eventual winner will face accusations of “illegitimacy” from some of his partisan opponents."

• HeavyG
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Shocking! 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Shocking! 
    Do you think he knows these “truths” he puts out are admissible in court?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• HeavyG
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Shocking! 
    So very surprising that he is setting up Nauta to take the fall.