Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHEETO INDICTED!

Options

Comments

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well....LOL  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well....LOL  
    Yep he’s leading all other candidates by healthy margins in polls of Republican voters.  Such a shame that so many people are still buying Don The Con’s BS.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I don't know, it all sounds like a witch hunt to me.
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    So funny - love that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    "District Judge Aileen Cannon is likely to push back the start of a trial concerning former President Trump’s handling of classified documents beyond the December date suggested by federal prosecutors. Cannon did not offer a revised start date but said she plans to “promptly” issue an order. Cannon also seemed deeply skeptical of Trump’s lawyers’ arguments that Trump could not get a fair trial while running for president. Tierney Sneed, Jeremy Herb, Devon M. Sayers, and Devan Cole report for CNN. "

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    “…could not get a fair trial while running for president.”

not something you hear every day!
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options

Judge Cannon schedules Trump’s classified documents trial for May 2024

"The federal judge presiding over Donald Trump’s indictment for allegedly mishandling classified documents has scheduled his trial to start in late May of next year, rejecting claims by the former president’s attorneys that a fair trial could only be held after the 2024 election, as well as the Justice Department’s request to start in December.

U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon heard arguments from both sides on Tuesday, and said she would issue her decision promptly. On Friday, she set the case for jury trial in the Fort Pierce Division of the U.S. District Court in Southern Florida during the two-week period that begins May 20, 2024.

Trump is the early front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination, so the looming trial will likely resonate across the campaign trail. By late May, the bulk of the Republican primary contests will be completed — meaning the GOP nomination could be set, with the general election still more than five months away."

Game on!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Edit: JFC
  • HeavyG
    Options

Just too many to keep track of anymore, and likely still more to come.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    How sweet it is.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Judge Cannon schedules Trump’s classified documents trial for May 2024

"The federal judge presiding over Donald Trump’s indictment for allegedly mishandling classified documents has scheduled his trial to start in late May of next year, rejecting claims by the former president’s attorneys that a fair trial could only be held after the 2024 election, as well as the Justice Department’s request to start in December.

U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon heard arguments from both sides on Tuesday, and said she would issue her decision promptly. On Friday, she set the case for jury trial in the Fort Pierce Division of the U.S. District Court in Southern Florida during the two-week period that begins May 20, 2024.

Trump is the early front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination, so the looming trial will likely resonate across the campaign trail. By late May, the bulk of the Republican primary contests will be completed — meaning the GOP nomination could be set, with the general election still more than five months away."

Game on!

close enough to the election for a continuance ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options

5 things to watch for if Trump is indicted again

And the beat goers on.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’d just like to hear one Trump defender who insists he had every right to keep those documents at Mar-A-Lago explain why he felt the need to go to extraordinary lengths to destroy evidence.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    he just wanted to free up some server storage 🤷‍♂️

edited July 2023
    Options
    I’d just like to hear one Trump defender who insists he had every right to keep those documents at Mar-A-Lago explain why he felt the need to go to extraordinary lengths to destroy evidence.

Hunter Biden.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Hunter Biden.
    Hunter "Benghazi" Biden?  
  • lousubcap
    Options
  • fishlessman
    Options
    pretty sure nowadays it would be HUNTER "BURISMA" BIDEN, but the left likes to reminisce =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    pretty sure nowadays it would be HUNTER "BURISMA" BIDEN, but the left likes to reminisce =)
    It’s not reminiscing so much as drawing a parallel.  Burisma for Biden and Benghazi for Hillary are both tall tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The truth is… these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.

• fishlessman
    Options
    It’s not reminiscing so much as drawing a parallel.  Burisma for Biden and Benghazi for Hillary are both tall tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

well then.....LOCK HIM UP =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

well then.....LOCK HIM UP =)
    Indeed!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    "gormless henchmen"

it's perfect.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    One more time-"Down goes CHEETO (sorry Joe Frazier)" from the late Howard Cosell.  How sweet it is.
    Indicted again.
    And the beat goes on.  
    I'm running out of bourbon and the real Cheetos for the celebration and I am confident there are more ahead.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  I loathe CHEETO.  

• lousubcap
    Options
    From The Atlantic and Tom Nichols.  I encourage all to read.
    "Donald Trump stands indicted for attempting to thwart the peaceful transfer of power and subvert the rights of American citizens. This is the moment that will decide our future as a democracy.

This Is the Case

Trumps back in darkness

(Drew Angerer / Getty Images)

View in browser

Over the past year, state and federal prosecutors have alleged that Donald Trump went on something like a crime spree as a presidential candidate, as the sitting president, and then as a private citizen after his defeat. The charges, from Manhattan to Mar-a-Lago, include business fraud, the illegal retention of classified material, and the destruction of evidence.

All of these accusations, however, pale in importance next to the indictment handed down today.

Trump is accused of multiple conspiracies against the United States, all designed to keep him in power against the will of the voters and in violation of the Constitution. The former president—once our chief executive, the commander in chief, the leader we entrusted with the keys to nuclear hell—is accused of knowing that he lost a free and fair election, and, rather than transferring power to a duly elected successor, engaging in criminal plots against our democracy, all while firing up a mob that would later storm the Capitol. (The Trump campaign issued a rambling statement that called the charges “fake.”)

Long before now, however, Americans should have reached the conclusion, with or without a trial, that Trump is a menace to the United States and poisonous to our society. (Senator J. D. Vance of Ohio once referred to Trump as “cultural heroin,” but that was before he decided to seek powerin the Republican Party.) The GOP base, controlled by Trump’s cult of personality, will likely never admit its mistake: As my colleague Peter Wehner writes, Trump’s record of “lawlessness and depravity” means nothing to Republicans. But other Republicans now, more than ever, face a moment of truth. They must decide if they are partisans or patriots. They can no longer claim to be both.

The rest of us, as a nation but also as individuals, can no longer indulge the pretense that Trump is just another Republican candidate, that supporting Donald Trump is just another political choice, and that agreeing with Trump’s attacks on our democracy is just a difference of opinion. (Those of us who share our views in the media have a particular duty to cease discussing Trump as if he were a normal candidate—or even a normal person—especially after today’s indictment.) I have long described Trump’s candidacies as moral choices and tests of civic character, but I have also cautioned that Americans, for the sake of social comity, should resist too many arguments about politics among themselves. I can no longer defend this advice.

The indictment handed down today challenges every American to put a shoulder to the wheel and defend our republic in every peaceful, legal, and civilized way they can. According to the charges, not only did Trump try to overturn the election; he presided over a clutch of co-conspirators who intended to put down any further challenges to Trump’s continued rule by force. According to the indictment:

The Deputy White House Counsel reiterated to Co-Conspirator 4 that there had not been outcome-determinative fraud in the election and that if the Defendant [Trump] remained in office nonetheless, there would be “riots in every major city in the United States.” Co-Conspirator 4 responded, “Well, [Deputy White House Counsel], that’s why there’s an Insurrection Act.”

The Insurrection Act allows the president to deploy the U.S. armed forces against American citizens. The alleged plot inside the White House was not merely to invalidate an election; it included the possibility of unleashing the American military against its own people.

This is why we can no longer merely roll our eyes when an annoying uncle rhapsodizes about stolen elections. We should not gently ask our parents if perhaps we might change the channel from Fox during dinner. We are not obligated to gingerly change the subject when an old friend goes on about “Demonrats” or the dire national-security implications around Hunter Biden’s genitalia. Enough of all this; we can love our friends and our family and our neighbors without accepting their terms of debate. To support Trump is to support sedition and violence, and we must be willing to speak this truth not only to power but to our fellow citizens.

Trump and his media enablers, of course, will fume that any criticism of choices made by millions of voters is uncivil and condescending—even as they paint other American citizens as traitors who support pedophiles and perverts. Trump has made such accusations, and the implied threat of violence behind them, part of the everyday American political environment. This brutish bullying is aimed at stopping the rest of us from speaking our mind. But after today, every American citizen who cares about the Constitution should affirm, without hesitation, that any form of association with Trump is reprehensible, that each of us will draw moral conclusions about anyone who continues to support him, and that these conclusions will guide both our political and our personal choices.

This is painful advice to give and to follow. No one, including me, wants to lose friends or chill valued relationships over so small a man as Trump. But our democracy is about to go into legal and electoral battle for its own survival. If we don’t speak up—to one another, as well as to the media and to our elected officials—and Trump defeats us all by regaining power and making a mockery of American democracy, then we’ll all have lost a lot more than a few friendships. We face in Trump a dedicated enemy of our Constitution, and if he returns to office, his next “administration” will be a gang of felons, goons, and resentful mediocrities, all of whom will gladly serve Trump’s sociopathic needs while greedily dividing the spoils of power.

In the 1982 film The Verdict, Paul Newman plays Frank Galvin, an ambulance-chasing attorney with an alcohol addiction who takes on what he thinks will be a routine malpractice suit and soon finds himself fighting for justice against powerful institutions determined to stop him. On the eve of the trial, all seems lost. His mentor and former partner tries to comfort him. “There’ll be other cases,” his friend says. Galvin knows better. “There are no other cases,” he says quietly, with his eyes closed. “This is the case.” He repeats this truth, whispering to himself, over and over: “There are no other cases. This is the case.”

Jack Smith has indicted Donald Trump for trying to overthrow our system of government. There are no other cases. This is the case."

• HeavyG
    Options