Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHEETO INDICTED!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Well said Geoff Duncan!!!!  He was smart to lay back and wait this Trump stuff out. And a call back to Herschel (who if I recall correctly is still sitting on a pile of campaign cash). Very proud of Georgia when the Georgia GOP pushes back on the bs.  Loved it when Raffensperger’s wife gave Kelly Loeffler hell back in the day.  I wish they would get aggressive with MGT especially after her campaign guys stole money in a total scam / fake charity.  So few Republicans have the courage so this is refreshing. Let’s get back to issue based politics where the winning team actually does something after they win. Where’s that healthcare plan that was three weeks away from being published back in 2016 Tronald J Dump?  Biden has been kicking his ass in the “get it done” department and doesn’t waste time with the grandstanding and just the occasional excellent jabs. 
  • HeavyG

He was indicted again ??!?!?

I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Trump fellow.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG

• HeavyG

Will be fun to see who starts off the run to abandon this ship and rat out the others.

The best thing about this indictment(s) is that being state charges a POTUS can't pardon any of the players.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Off to enjoy Cheeto's (the junk food) for breakfast! The noose ever tightens.  
    How sweet it is.

Former President Trump has been charged with attempting to overturn the 2020 election result in Georgia. In a 98-page indictment made public yesterday, prosecutors listed 41 charges against 19 defendants. Trump denies all 13 charges, including racketeering and election meddling. Kayla Epstein and Madeline Halpert report for BBC News

Nineteen defendants, including Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, and John Eastman, have been named in the indictment concerning the alleged attempt to overturn the 2020 election result in Georgia. Andy Sullivan, Jacqueline Thomsen, and Joseph Ax report for Reuters

Read the full indictment against former President Trump concerning his alleged attempt to overturn the 2020 election result in Georgia, as reported by the Washington Post

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    I have to imagine the thought of Jenna Ellis or Sidney Powell taking the stand has team Trump sh!ting bricks.  Those two don’t know their ass from their elbow.
  • lousubcap

Here’s who else was charged in Georgia (other than Trump)-From The Washington Post-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/15/georgia-indictment-charges/?utm_
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG

If Trump really isn't using any of that MAGAt money he has scammed to pay her legal fees is she going to stay loyal to Trump? My guess... probably, if only in the hopes that she'll win back his approval and he'll give her some lawyer bucks.

• HeavyG

• lousubcap
    From The Atlantic and Tom Nichols- Worth a quick read.

The Brass Ring, Pulled Away

"Former President Donald Trump now faces his fourth round of felony indictments, this time in Georgia, where prosecutors allege in a racketeering charge that he led an effort to overturn the will of the state’s voters in the 2020 election. Not much more can be said about Trump himself: We can note only so many times that he is an emotionally disordered man, beset by feral insecurities, whose actions have, in the words of the retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig, “corroded and corrupted American democracy.” So let’s leave him aside and turn to his accused co-conspirators in Georgia (at least five of whom appear to be mentioned in Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment accusing Trump of a conspiracy to overturn the results of the 2020 election, although Smith has not yet charged them).

The indictments in Georgia depict an alleged racket that looks much like a multilevel-marketing scheme, in which the principals (Trump, his lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and his former chief of staff Mark Meadows) have something they want to sell (in this case, an election lie). They go out and recruit a gullible and ambitious sales force to spread the word (relying on loyalists such as the lawyers Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis), who then pull in another group of sellers (state legislators, election officials, state party officials, and others). Go down far enough and you’ll find the marks who were willing to serve as fake electors. In the end, they’re all tied to a sham product that is going to cost them their reputation and perhaps even their freedom.

But we should not be distracted by the inanity of the alleged plot. The Georgia case is an important window into the actions of Trump’s enablers and courtiers, the mediocre people around the former president who were determined to gain the respect and station to which they felt entitled, regardless of their actual talent. Most of us live our lives as ordinary people doing ordinary jobs. Not every career is fulfilling, and as my working-class father used to say, even Hollywood actors probably hate their job on some days, when they have to drag themselves out of bed for an early-morning call time and sit in a makeup chair for hours. (My one foray into watching real actors at work confirmed this wise observation.)

Since he entered politics, however, Trump has played the role of patron saint to this resentful third string. Ellis, for example, began her legal career as a deputy DA in a rural Colorado jurisdiction; she soon marketed herself as a “constitutional law attorney” on television, as The New York Times noted in 2020, despite a lack of experience that had no “apparent bearing on her ability to present herself as someone of great authority.” Unlike Trump, these are not larger-than-life figures. In fact, their most striking characteristics are how small, how odd, and how incompetent they each are—and yet, to judge from the indictments, how dangerous they were as a group.

Among the accused, only Meadows and Giuliani are anything like national figures. (Powell became famous mostly for going on Fox News and peddling unhinged ideas that even Fox management and hosts thought were “kooky” and “crazy.”) Rudy’s descent from “America’s Mayor” to a debt-ridden huckster has been amply documented. Meadows, for his part, seems to be just another politician addicted to life in the capital, whose friends and enemies alike describe him as something of an Eddie Haskell figure, “slippery,” obsequious, and ever-scheming.

I have already written about Jeffrey Clark—or, as I always call him now, “Jeffrey Bossert Clark,” because he reportedly insisted that his full name be used in Justice Department draft briefs—and John Eastman, two of the most egregious figures in this whole affair. Eastman was a law professor, a job that carries a special duty to be intellectually courageous in the face of a possible conspiracy; instead (like the former liberal lawyer turned Trump defender Kenneth Chesebro) he constructed rationales for overturning the election. Clark, at the time of the election a government employee, seems to have been an unexceptional functionary with a professional chip on his shoulder. He may also have been willing to become a danger to his fellow citizens. According to the Smith indictment, when Patrick Philbin, then the deputy White House counsel, warned “Co-Conspirator 4”—who appears to be Clark—that riots would erupt if Trump somehow remained in office beyond his term, Co-Conspirator 4 answered, “Well … that’s why there’s an Insurrection Act.”

Imagine the frisson, the sense of importance a mid-level bureaucrat such as “Co-Conspirator 4” must have felt saying something so hideous.

While some apparatchik was allegedly sitting in Washington, D.C., and blithely considering the possibility of using the U.S. military against fellow Americans, others were at work in Georgia, including Trevian Kutti, a former publicist for the rapper Ye, previously known as Kanye West. She is accused of trying to pressure the Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman to make false statements. (Freeman, along with her daughter and election co-worker Shaye Moss, had their lives upended when they were targeted by Trump and his goon squad.)

Willis is also prosecuting a group of people that is alleged to have been involved in a plot to replace Georgia’s true electors with fakes, including a former chair of the Georgia GOP and a current Georgia state senator. Meanwhile, two women—one of whom was a county election supervisor—have also been charged in an alleged breach of the voting system in Georgia’s Coffee County.

All of these people are indicted, not convicted. But few of Trump’s defenders are arguing that any of the accused didn’t actually do the things they’re charged with doing. Rather, Trump World and its associated outletsseem to be disputing whether any of these acts are crimes. (In a statement issued today, Trump’s lawyers said that the Georgia indictment “is undoubtedly just as flawed and unconstitutional as this entire process has been.”)

Nonetheless, without Trump, most of these people would never have been in remote proximity to the levers of national power. When Trump lost, they lost. The brass ring of power and influence—and, perhaps more than anything else, respect—was pulled away just inches from their hands. They now all have the importance they craved, but likely not in the way they expected."

• JohnInCarolina
  • HeavyG

“Well, you see, this is the problem, this is why you have to use the RICO Act,” Shapiro answered. “So, no president is actually going to do things — unless you’re Richard Nixon, presumably, and there are tapes — is going to have to do things that are particularly hands on."

LOL

• lousubcap
    Now that's a nice read. 
    How sweet it is.

• lousubcap
    CHEETO and more info for Wednesday:

"Federal prosecutors accessed a trove of former President Trump’s private Twitter messages concerning his plot to overturn the 2020 election. It is unclear what information the messages contain and who exactly wrote them. The fact that there were any private messages associated with Trump’s Twitter account is a revelation because he was famously cautious about using written communication with aides and allies. Alan Feuer and Maggie Haberman report for the New York Times

Former President Trump’s defense will likely be that his First Amendment rights and honest concerns about voter fraud protect him from charges that he pressured Georgia officials to change the results of the 2020 election. Legal experts say the case will turn on whether Trump knowingly broke the law, regardless of whether he thought his actions were justified. Jack Queen reports for Reuters

Former President Trump announced, “A Large, Complex, Detailed but irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia is almost complete & will be presented by me at a major News Conference at 11:00 A.M. on Monday.” The report was partly compiled by Liz Harrington, a Trump communications aide, who is said to believe the stolen election conspiracy theory fully. Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Swan report for the New York Times

Mark Meadows, former President Trump’s chief of staff during the 2020 election, is trying to move his Georgia state prosecution to a federal court. Meadows hopes the move to federal court would allow him to argue he is immune from prosecution under the U.S. Constitution because the charges amount to “state interference in a federal official’s duties.” Andrew Zhang reports for POLITICO. "

• HeavyG
    Of course we knew that it wouldn't be long before some Trump lickspittle would come along and propose this:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/where-things-stand/where-things-stand-trump-allies-already-suggesting-georgia-gop-should-change-state-law-to-pardon-trump

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809
    HeavyG said:
    Of course we knew that it wouldn't be long before some Trump lickspittle would come along and propose this:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/where-things-stand/where-things-stand-trump-allies-already-suggesting-georgia-gop-should-change-state-law-to-pardon-trump

The best part is when he claims this prosecution is "clear election interference" without a hint of self-awareness.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has sought a Mar. 4 trial start for the racketeering case against former President Trump and his allies in Georgia. Trump is likely to oppose the proposed Mar. 4 date. Legal experts have said such a short timetable is unlikely given the many defendants and charges in the case. Cameron McWhirter and Jan Wolfe report for the Wall Street Journal

Former President Trump and his allies are testing District Judge Tanya Chutkan’s direction to avoid making “inflammatory statements” that could be considered intimidating. Trump has since posted on his social media platform, Truth Social, that Chutkan “obviously wants me behind bars. VERY BIASED & UNFAIR.” In another post, Trump ally Mike Davis posted a photo of Chutkan with a caption falsely claiming she had “openly admitted she’s running election interference against Trump.” Maggie Haberman, Jonathan Swan, and Alan Feuer report for the New York Times.

• JohnInCarolina
    I’m starting to wonder if it’s perhaps the party itself that has been indicted.

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809
    Well, we know it provides a boost in fundraising to cover his legal costs.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina

• HeavyG said:

He was indicted again ??!?!?

I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Trump fellow.

Or, it could just be proof the corrupt will do anything to stay in power. Here we see one woman, in one county, in Georgia interfere with a third of our government by throwing countless charges at the leading opposition candidate at election time. But just keep your mask on and listen to what your masters tell you what truth is. Don't try and have an original thought of your own or anything crazy....