Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHEETO INDICTED!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041
    Here’s an original thought: George Soros is behind all of this.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 325
    HeavyG said:

He was indicted again ??!?!?

I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Trump fellow.

Or, it could just be proof the corrupt will do anything to stay in power. Here we see one woman, in one county, in Georgia interfere with a third of our government by throwing countless charges at the leading opposition candidate at election time. But just keep your mask on and listen to what your masters tell you what truth is. Don't try and have an original thought of your own or anything crazy....
    Virus 45 is a terrible thing, but at least there is help, for some.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    HeavyG said:

He was indicted again ??!?!?

I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Trump fellow.

Or, it could just be proof the corrupt will do anything to stay in power. Here we see one woman, in one county, in Georgia interfere with a third of our government by throwing countless charges at the leading opposition candidate at election time. But just keep your mask on and listen to what your masters tell you what truth is. Don't try and have an original thought of your own or anything crazy....
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  Yes, this is all about the corrupt doing anything to stay in power.  That's what he charges are about, Sherlock.

Even if that were true, which it's not, how do you rectify that Jack Smith only used republican witnesses (more than 70, I believe), including members of Trump's staff, to provide sworn grand jury testimony in his deserved indictment of Trump. Were all of those Trump supporters and loyalists also seeking to undermine Benedict Donald to benefit an opposition candidate? You might benefit from less cultish news sources if you care to look.
    Stillwater, MN
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,343
    Even if that were true, which it's not, how do you rectify that Jack Smith only used republican witnesses (more than 70, I believe), including members of Trump's staff, to provide sworn grand jury testimony in his deserved indictment of Trump. Were all of those Trump supporters and loyalists also seeking to undermine Benedict Donald to benefit an opposition candidate? You might benefit from less cultish news sources if you care to look.

My suggestion is WMW start with 60 minutes, guessing it will take them a couple hours to watch each episode.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    This blurb on PBS News just this evening was very disturbing to me.  I actually wondered, on a few posts here about six years ago, if they'd actually bring back the Salem witch burnings in this country; I'm starting to worry about that again.

https://www.pbs.org/video/rising-threats-1692384036/

F*ck.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina
    A thorough breakdown of the Georgia indictment by the AJC:

https://www.ajc.com/politics/trump-indictment-breaking-down-the-criminal-enterprise/SM65F26DD5CX3BGJY5U2UQZ4DQ/

Pretty unreal just how much was involved with this, given that it was all based on a steaming pile of BS from Agent Orange.
  • Great article thanks for sharing and Agent Orange = lol. 

Trump has no regard for the opportunity cost of the USA processing all his b.s.  If the GOP is really about GDP and fiscal conservatism they would say “shut up idiot we’re working here.”

Some reflection on Al Gore vs Bankrupt Trump
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3529016-gore-v-trump-a-case-of-contrasts/amp/

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    CHEETO is gradually becoming even more unhinged.  The slow meltdown will accelerate in the days ahead.
    How sweet it is!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    Cassidy has been a low key CHEETO supporter all along.  The dam is breaking across the R power broker landscape.  Once it cracks (as it has) it will only accelerate in the months ahead.
    CHEETO  makes Nixon look like a saint!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    As a resident of Louisiana, I can can say with great confidence I’m not the only resident that’s embarrassed he’s one of our senators.

"Former President Trump will likely push for the Georgia charges against him to be heard in federal court, following a similar attempt by co-defendant and former chief of staff Mark Meadows. The tactic could delay the proceeding and, if successful, give Trump a more sympathetic jury. As Meadows did, Trump is expected to argue that his actions outlined in the indictment related to his professional duties should be tried in a federal forum. Jan Wolfe and Byron Tau reports for the Wall Street Journal.

The FBI has joined an investigation into the “threats of violence” against Fulton County officials, including members of the Atlanta-area grand jury that voted to indict former President Trump and his allies. It is unclear whether anyone has acted on these threats, and no specific targets have been identified. Security has been increased for Fulton County district attorney Fani Willis, as she has received repeated threatening phone calls following Trump’s accusations that she seeks to interfere with his 2024 presidential campaign. Holly Bailey and Hannah Allam report for the Washington Post. "

• lousubcap
    Judge Luttig's testimony in the Jan 6th hearing was powerful.  Hopefully the recommendation carries a whole lot of weight. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    This does not exactly scream 'happy face' does it?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I'll bet he spent a few hours in front of a mirror practicing that look to set the right tone so he can still get his cult members to continue to donate $$ to him.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    Apparently he tweeted afterwards saying 'never surrender' although he just had.   Bless him. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • HeavyG
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    The infighting is underway:

"THREE BIG DISAGREEMENTS DIVIDE DEFENDANTS — All 19 defendants in the Georgia election interference case, including the big kahuna DONALD TRUMP, have turned themselves in. And, as anticipated, the infighting has begun over the facts of the case, the timing of it and where it should be tried.

DISAGREEMENTS OVER WHERE: “Five defendants have already sought to move the state case to federal court, citing their ties to the federal government. The first one to file — MARK MEADOWS, Mr. Trump’s chief of staff during the 2020 election — will make the argument for removal on Monday, in a hearing before a federal judge in Atlanta,” write NYT’s Richard Fausset and Danny Hakim.

Federal court is likely much friendlier turf for the defendants because of pool of potential jurors: “If the case stays in Fulton County, Ga., the jury will come from a bastion of Democratic politics where Mr. Trump was trounced in 2020. If the case is removed to federal court, the jury will be drawn from a 10-county region of Georgia that is more suburban and rural — and somewhat more Trump-friendly.”

Fulton County District Attorney FANI WILLIS has said she wants to try all 19 defendants together. But if they are successful in their attempts at removal, we could have a Marvel-sized multiverse of a bunch of different cases in different jurisdictions on different timelines."

DISAGREEMENTS OVER WHEN: “KENNETH CHESEBRO, a lawyer who advised Mr. Trump after the 2020 election, has asked for a speedy trial, and the presiding state judge has agreed to it. His trial is now set to begin on Oct. 23. Another defendant, SIDNEY POWELL, filed a similar motion on Friday, and a third, JOHN EASTMAN, also plans to invoke his right to an early trial, according to one of his lawyers.”

Trump, on the other hand, filed a motion earlier this month to move his trial to 2026.

This morning, our colleague Kyle Cheney has a helpful rundown of the calendar — and how it could potentially sideline Trump from the campaign trail.

Keep an eye on this: “On Monday, the schedule may crystallize further,” Kyle writes. “That’s when the judge overseeing Trump’s federal case on election fraud has signaled she will choose a trial date. If she opts for a trial in early 2024, as prosecutors have requested, Trump’s already packed courtroom calendar will get much more complicated.”

DISAGREEMENTS OVER WHAT: Kyle already reported this week that three of the defendants say they only became false electors because “Trump, then the sitting president told them to.” That, of course, is not welcome news for Trump’s defense, and hints at the likelihood of the strains almost certain to grow between the co-defendants."

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    Amsterdam mural...

• JohnInCarolina
    @HeavyG - wow, lot of symbolism there.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
  • lousubcap
    CHEETO and the courts; today's action:

"A BIG DAY IN COURT — Get used to a lot more days like this: The most momentous happenings in national politics won’t be happening inside the White House or Capitol or on the stump in Iowa or New Hampshire. They’ll take place instead inside East Coast courtrooms, where the trials of DONALD TRUMP and his alleged co-conspirators are already being shaped.

— First: In Washington this morning, Trump lawyers and prosecutors working under special counsel JACK SMITH will appear at 10 a.m. before U.S. District Judge TANYA CHUTKAN after sparring in court filings over a trial date.

To recap: Smith’s team asked Chutkan to schedule the trial — on conspiracy charges related to Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election — for January, arguing there is overwhelming public interest in seeing the case resolved before the election. Trump’s team countered with an April 2026 proposal.

Expect Chutkan to set a date today, as she signaled she wouldearlier this month. It’s hard to see the judge, who has already shown a penchant for moving the case along, bowing to Trump’s request for a two-year delay.

The bigger question is whether Chutkan will agree with prosecutors and allow the Jan. 6 trial to precede Trump’s already-scheduled trial in Florida on charges related to his handling of classified documents, which is set for May 20. If she does, the biggest trial in American political history could run smack into presidential primary season.

— Another hearing, happening at the exact same time in Atlanta’s federal courthouse, could be even more important: It represents the first major test for Fulton County DA FANI WILLIS’ sweeping indictment of Trump and 18 alleged co-conspirators — one that could foreshadow how the election subversion charges will hold up in the future.

Note that this isn’t the courtroom that Willis wants her case tried in. She sought her indictment in Georgia state court, but co-defendant MARK MEADOWS wants the case moved to federal court, arguing that his alleged illegal conduct was part of his job as then-White House chief of staff.

The decision is in the hands of U.S. District Judge STEVE JONES, an appointee of former President BARACK OBAMA who has spent 12 years on the federal bench. Today’s session could “resemble a mini-trial,” as our colleagues Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney write in a story that just posted, with both Willis’ prosecutors and Meadows’ legal team expected to “air their strongest initial arguments about the case.”"

• lousubcap
    The latest from Judge Chutkan-
    "U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan has scheduled Donald Trump’s D.C. trial on charges of attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election for March 4, 2024. A separate hearing was being held in Atlanta Monday morning to determine whether Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, can move his election-related indictment from state to federal court. Trump is a frontrunner in the Republican 2024 presidential contest, and the D.C. trial’s starting date is the day before the Super Tuesday primaries."

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,809
    It feels like Hollywood would have scoffed -- even accounting for suspended belief -- as unrealistic, any script that followed the scenario that is playing out in this country right now. Truly amazing times we're living in.
    Stillwater, MN