Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just got back from Acadiana Poboy Festival. We sponsored. 11/18 vendors using our product. Good time but Lawd it’s hot!!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

Nice pick up for you here, @CPFC1905 - where are you going to put it?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lkapigian said:
    Hoping not to Fvck these up tonight 

You should really cure those.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Nice pick up for you here, @CPFC1905 - where are you going to put it?  
    Been there, played on it.

Watched him while he was sleeping.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lkapigian said:

Don’t think fir a moment that didn’t cross my mind 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Just put in 12 hours of shoveling. I'm feeling every bit of it. I managed to get my truck stuck twice this early AM. A fun way to start the day.

My friend was in disbelief that I made it as far as I did as plows were nowhere to be seen.  50 mph winds and big open farm fields make some pretty interesting travel. Fortunately I was only 5 miles of my destination. A quick call to my buddy with his 3500 diesel Silverado made some easy work of him dragging me around. 

This was next door to my buddies business. Heavy snow and high winds aren't a very fun combo.

I'm ready for the snow to be over...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    @ColtsFan Glad you made it thru. Scary stuff. Thoughts & prayers for your neighbors and hoping for a speedy recovery. Tornados are not messing around this year as we’ve had some really bad ones this season. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2023
    Had some friends fly in from Salt Lake City, so we decided to spend the day at the Ritz.  Wife went to the spa and I just drank and ate all day with friends.  Hard to complain.  Especially since we didn't have snow.  Friends ring bell camera went off.  They had so much snow last night, their goats just walked out of the pen and were standing on their porch.  Had to have some friends go over and rope them.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Oh my.  I just felt it move.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited April 2023
    @lkapigian - Dang- Eating extremely well right there.  And likely not too much of it in one setting.  Make sure someone (you?) inhales that fat on the perimeter. 
    Your thoughts?
    Edit for fat finger. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2023
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

I know what they serve in Heaven.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - Dang- Eating extremely well right there.  And likely not too much of it in one setting.  Make sure someone (you?) inhales that fat on the perimeter. 
    Your thoughts?
    Edit for fat finger. 
    Only one didn’t like the “rareness” literally, no mead to even cook this 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    Lookin good right there.  Beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.  Enjoy the cook and follow-on eats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    FrostyEgg said:
    Tossed a brick of cream cheese on as well. First time ever. Will absolutely be doing that again. This one was with Meat Church Honey Hog. Pecan wood for smoke. 

That is one of the easiest and tastiest apps you can make.  Have you seen Malcom Reed’s recipe?  He adds caramelized onions and balsamic vinaigrette and all kinds of good stuff.  Worth a look.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    edited April 2023
    FrostyEgg said:
    Tossed a brick of cream cheese on as well. First time ever. Will absolutely be doing that again. This one was with Meat Church Honey Hog. Pecan wood for smoke. 

That is one of the easiest and tastiest apps you can make.  Have you seen Malcom Reed’s recipe?  He adds caramelized onions and balsamic vinaigrette and all kinds of good stuff.  Worth a look.
    Mother of god... I will try that next weekend. Have a link by chance?

Going to run one of these the same way too but drizzle with some hot honey at the finish.

The beef ribs are running nicely. Just pushed through the stall so it'll be a late finish, but happy with the bark. No wrap.  
  • lousubcap
    Fired up the SM grill for some chix.  As I was delivering to others, there is no $$ shot.  That relegates it to this thread and not the ..."chefing..." thread. 
    It was a fun cook and definitely labour (nod) intensive.
    More live fire cooks on the near horizon. 
    Thanks for lookin'.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Finished sharpening all of mom’s knives. Reminded her that they were now at least reasonably sharp.
  • JohnInCarolina
    FrostyEgg said:
    FrostyEgg said:

You’re g-damn right I do:

https://www.tiktok.com/@howtobbqright/video/6991942814481353990?lang=en
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg said:
    FrostyEgg said:

You’re g-damn right I do:

https://www.tiktok.com/@howtobbqright/video/6991942814481353990?lang=en
    Thanks brother!
  • FrostyEgg
    @nolaegghead man that looks like a great time!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    A claw foot chaise lounge….great repurposing job there