Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options

Late lunch with just one of them.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Did the Meater called it?
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    @MasterC - I didn't get the food out of the egg when it was finished because I was busy but the finish IT of 155 degrees F was right where I wanted it to be.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
     I think it just uses linear extrapolation and that’s relatively useless for Q.

Bumper sticker material there!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    kl8ton said:
     I think it just uses linear extrapolation and that’s relatively useless for Q.

Bumper sticker material there!
    Put it in your sig!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Beautiful. Don’t forget that gorgeous money shot!
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations and these were juicy—pulled them at 138F.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Opening act.   Prelude to basic lemon/herb chicken breasts.  

Fail because you don’t have a 12 foot pepper grinder.  Love me a caprese though 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Grogu said:
    When you’re all by your lonesome, and your egg is an XL, but you feel like firing it up anyway  =)
    Planning ahead, just bought myself a chimney starter  =)
    canuckland
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @Grogu @Canugghead BGE just happens to have make additional Eggs for this very reason.  😉
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Grogu
    Grogu Posts: 125
    Options
    @Grogu @Canugghead BGE just happens to have make additional Eggs for this very reason.  😉
    My wife was gracious enough to let me get one, I’m not pushing my luck… yet  ;)
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Grogu said:
    My wife was gracious enough to let me get one, I’m not pushing my luck… yet  ;)
    If you buy a little one you can just shrug and tell her it hatched all on its own
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    @Buckwoody Egger - The char on those two pieces of Salmon is making me drool. Also, please share details on that long thin spatula.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    That is bringing it home right there.  Nailed it @Buckwoody Egger
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Also, please share details on that long thin spatula.
    Many thanks Cap and Sam. Can’t remember where I got the spatula but looking at the markings and searching a bit I think it is an American metalcraft LT14. 8” of spatula with a slight angle—  I love it and let it rest inside the grill when I need to “heat sanitize” if you will. Combine it with long SS tongs and you can work a lot of situations.