Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    Acn said:
    Gonna have to get a new vac sealer.  The current one will seal, or it will vacuum, but not both.
    Interesting problem, what model?
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Acn said:
    Gonna have to get a new vac sealer.  The current one will seal, or it will vacuum, but not both.
    Interesting problem, what model?
    Galaxy I think; we picked it up at the local restaurant supply store.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Stroking the lever on trading in my Titleist TSi2 for a TSR4.   

When the hell did stock drivers hit the $600 mark?   🤦‍♂️
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    @GrateEggspectations - “Spending buckets of money yielding mildly discernible results - How I do it” - this was me last year with a crawl space encapsulation and a new heat pump, nearly $40k!
    Ouch. You’re scaring me. Hopefully it was fast, at least!

Demolition has started on the two bathrooms, so I can’t stop now. Guess I could still bail on the window replacements. 🤔 Maybe we’ll need to start a support group headed by @samiam2. He’s kind of the OG when it comes to such expenditures. 😂
    Good luck, we did our master bathroom and bedroom this past summer.  Took way longer than promised and more $$ than quoted.  Was wonderful for me since my wife has the patience of a gnat.  
    My next door neighbors have been doing an entire interior home remodel.   They literally moved out in October, put all their furniture in storage and when I spoke with them yesterday they are set to move back in next week.   3 full months of almost daily work going on there.

Sounds pricey and a PITA to me but it does look nice in there.
    Keep us posted on how long the old furniture lasts when they move back in.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Stroking the lever on trading in my Titleist TSi2 for a TSR4.   

When the hell did stock drivers hit the $600 mark?   🤦‍♂️
    Lol. I’m looking at the Rogue Max over the Paradym cus it’s last year’s model and $175 less 
  • TechsasJim
    @ColbyLang
    thats just smart.   Callaway and TM put out new models every year-but technology doesn’t improve that fast.  

I was at PGA Tour Superstore this week and walked by their used club section.   They probably had 15-20 TM Stealth —-they just came out in last 6 months.   

They didn’t have many Callaway but what they did have were Rogue.   Only had 3 Titleist but older models.  

I’m only looking at the TSR4 bc it’s low spin and my TSi2 isn’t.   I want to get it on a trackman first though
  • ColbyLang
    You know this like every other golfer……a lotta times it ain’t the arrow. It’s the Indian lol
  • TechsasJim
    Uh yes sir
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    ColbyLang said:
    You know this like every other golfer……a lotta times it ain’t the arrow. It’s the Indian lol
    Yup, just ask Custer.  He had the better weapons.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    ColbyLang said:
    Actually a lot of the Indians had repeating rifle while the cavalry had single shot Breech loading rifles. They also had a smarter leader.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    edited January 2023
    As a low level LEO ride right now, the serious golfers may really hurt themselves or tie themselves in a knot with their own thread...Just speculating...
    Edit: spelling edits.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    Actually a lot of the Indians had repeating rifle while the cavalry had single shot Breech loading rifles. They also had a smarter leader.
    Excuse me.  My world view says the Indians had bows, arrows, and hatchets and a better leader.

Custer had all the might of the US Army backing him, but was a terrible strategetician.  If you would please keep your facts out of my story, I would appreciate it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TechsasJim
    Plants/landscaping.   The misses likes to reset the beds every couple years.   Not a great weather day to have done it but it’s done, cleaned up and looks nice.  I sure hope we don’t get another deep freeze.     
  • ColbyLang
    edited January 2023
    Loooong day here. Played 18 with three good friends. Got home, puppy proofed the back yard. Changed 6 fence boards. Now I’m worn out 

so what did I buy……6-8’ fence boards, 16 18”x18” pavers and a roll of chicken wire 
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Loooong day here. Played 18 with three good friends. Got home, puppy proofed the back yard. Changed 6 fence boards. Now I’m worn out 
    how’d you play man?   Dont think we ever saw a pic of the Doodle (at least I think you mentioned an F1 Doodle)
  • ColbyLang
    Bogey golf. Gale force winds wrecked a bunch of shots….driver heard I was shopping for a replacement and started behaving. 

2 doodles bub. 

Weller is an Aussie Doodle
    Oscar is an F1B Mini Bernedoodle
  • TechsasJim
    @ColbyLang

i get bogey golf—we probably have similar crap weather.  

Great looking pups!   a friend has a monster Bernie that they’re trying to give me.   No one gives those away so there’s an underlying reason - thus I haven’t pursued it.   
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    I just changed the oil on my 4 runner for the first time. what a pain in the ass. skid plate, fairing, oil plug cover, canister filter that I had to go back to town to get a socket for, canister drain tool I don't have, made a huge mess. Boy.
    It gets much easier the second time.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    As for the Speed Queen, 2 loads in and we love it so far, it actually fills with water. Amazing, and it spins the clothes drier than our maytag so no more damp clothes coming out if the dryer.  Finally no lid lock so you can just throw it open, put more clothes in and it automatically re starts, before we had to pause the load, wait for it to unlock, add whatever then hold start for 3 seconds while it beeped at you. Speaking of beeps, it doesnt beep at you for 20 minutes declaring its finished.
    We bought a Speed Queen a few years ago.  Love it.  It actually fills with water!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Misen non-stick skillet. I have 2 of their knives (short chef & utility), cutting boards & prep tool set, which I really like. I’ll keep dumping some $ for their products. Reasonably priced IMO. 
  • QDude said:
    As for the Speed Queen, 2 loads in and we love it so far, it actually fills with water. Amazing, and it spins the clothes drier than our maytag so no more damp clothes coming out if the dryer.  Finally no lid lock so you can just throw it open, put more clothes in and it automatically re starts, before we had to pause the load, wait for it to unlock, add whatever then hold start for 3 seconds while it beeped at you. Speaking of beeps, it doesnt beep at you for 20 minutes declaring its finished.
    We bought a Speed Queen a few years ago.  Love it.  It actually fills with water!
    Crazy how we have to pay a premium to buy a washing machine design that worked for a 100 years
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• New stoneware, from Costco.  Pretty good looking and not terribly expensive.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    QDude said:
    Crazy how we have to pay a premium to buy a washing machine design that worked for a 100 years
    Direct drives have fewer moving parts, but more tech.  I’m not sure it’s the design as much as the brand.
    15 years and zero problems until the main drum seal failed.  But all fixed and working great again.  Parts were cheap.  My time is not.
    New stoneware, from Costco.  Pretty good looking and not terribly expensive.

Wife and I were looking at them yesterday as our everyday dishes are just about shot
  • 15 years and zero problems until the main drum seal failed.  But all fixed and working great again.  Parts were cheap.  My time is not.
    The first three pics, and especially number three, had me thinking you were on the Mir. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    15 years and zero problems until the main drum seal failed.  But all fixed and working great again.  Parts were cheap.  My time is not.
    Let's be real.  Hippies rarely do laundry.
  • ColbyLang said:
    New stoneware, from Costco.  Pretty good looking and not terribly expensive.

Wife and I were looking at them yesterday as our everyday dishes are just about shot
    Our current dishes are the ones we got from our wedding, 18 years ago.  Almost all of them are chipped.   These seem slightly better made.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited February 2023
    >insertCorrellWareSnickerHere<

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    Botch said:
    >insertCorrellWareSnickerHere<
    I was going to say something similar!  I switched to plain white Corelle several years ago and I don’t think that I’ll ever need to replace them unless SWMBO feels like a change (very likely)…