Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    >insertCorrellWareSnickerHere<
    We did look at that and just thought the options were kind of homely.  That’s what you have for dishes, right?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    New luggage and jeans.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Daisy Dukes and Lincoln Logs.
    Options
    Nice. Like a good pair of Jorts for the summer 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SWMBO has always called Daisy Dukes “Cat Cutters”.  
    ColbyLang said:
    Bet those are nice and steamy to wear in the summer in NOLA.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Bet those are nice and steamy to wear in the summer in NOLA.  lol
    That’s what the Lincoln Logs are for….🤪😂
    Options
    Did you know they make 1/8-sheet pans, with wire racks?  Just picked up a couple, will be perfect for cooking for one, toasting spices, fits in the sink for washing easily, etc.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I bought a 5 pack of 1/4 pans and I use the crap out of them.  They fit in my Anova and allow convection around the sides of the pan
    Options
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

If that's CDN then it is like $4 USD (clearly kidding but what a heck of a deal)
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited February 2023
    Options

If that's CDN then it is like $4 USD (clearly kidding but what a heck of a deal)
    Yup CDN and free shipping. Tempting to get more but still have 7x 40lb in the basement.

Current price at HD USA...

Edit: bought four more  :) delivery guy will be pissed hauling ten bags to my front door  =)
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I am a bit embarrassed at how excited this is making me.

83 pages of rice cooking instructions too!

This thing is sexy!  Ambidextrous spoon holders too.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options

Princess auto? How'd you get free shipping? They want more than the price of the bag to ship each one for me. I do not have a store in my home town though
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is exa

what are the dimensions of that thing, ive wanted one for years but I only need a cheap one that makes a few cups at a time.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    poster said:

Princess auto? How'd you get free shipping? They want more than the price of the bag to ship each one for me. I do not have a store in my home town though
    @Canugghead Never mind had to go all the way to the end before it came off. Grabbed 4 myself
  • Canugghead
    edited February 2023
    Options
    poster said:
    poster said:

@Canugghead Never mind had to go all the way to the end before it came off. Grabbed 4 myself
    Great! Qty available down to 180, it was 314 just after my second order. Will sell out soon.

Edit: hope it’s not a pricing goof and they ship 😀
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Do they ship to the US? 😜🤪
    Options
    That is exa

what are the dimensions of that thing, ive wanted one for years but I only need a cheap one that makes a few cups at a time.
    13 deep x 9 wide x 8.5 tall

Kinfe is 13" tip to tail, and rice cooker next to it is a 10 cup rice cooker.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    More overly, so they use Usps?     Oh boy
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • nolaegghead
    edited February 2023
    Options
    That is exa

13 deep x 9 wide x 8.5 tall

Kinfe is 13" tip to tail, and rice cooker next to it is a 10 cup rice cooker.

That’s a racist rice cooker, man!  Cooks 25% more white rice than brown!  😂😂😂😂
    Options

Options

I have had one of those for years. I think you will really like it. One thing that I have found, it is really important to thoroughly rinse the rice before cooking.
    The rice cooker will make it very easy to make rice, however it does take time to make. It takes around 45 minutes. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    An 18 foot extension wand for my pressure washer. I've been trying to pressure wash my white metal roof of 4 years of caked on pine pollen and dirt but with the standard set up can't reach more than 4 feet from the eaves.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Know that I expect a full demonstration of the “advanced fuzzy logic technology” in action. Full!

(And btw, apparently, that’s a thing…. https://home.howstuffworks.com/rice-cooker2.htm)
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    GregW said:

I have had one of those for years. I think you will really like it. One thing that I have found, it is really important to thoroughly rinse the rice before cooking.
    The rice cooker will make it very easy to make rice, however it does take time to make. It takes around 45 minutes. 
    45 minutes?  Holy cow.  Honest question, what makes it so great, then?  Does the rice taste better from one of these?  

I figured these things cooked rice fast.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Go for it, 99 bags left as I type.

Just for fun only ND is acceptable whenI selected country USA

canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    GregW said:

45 minutes?  Holy cow.  Honest question, what makes it so great, then?  Does the rice taste better from one of these?  

I figured these things cooked rice fast.
    It comes with 83pages about putting rice in a pot, adding water, bringing to a boil, lowering the heat and putting a cover on it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Cooks Illustrated rated the Zojirushi as the best, but their best buy is the Aroma, which is what I bought.  I've used it for years, 3~5 times a week, about 10" x 10", <$50; its a gem.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cooks Illustrated rated the Zojirushi as the best, but their best buy is the Aroma, which is what I bought.  I've used it for years, 3~5 times a week, about 10" x 10", <$50; its a gem.  
    I have an Aroma too.  It does rice well.  A little.in consistent, and will burn to the bottom with the warmer.  It also struggles with some of the short and medium grain rice I like...does great with Jasmine and Uncle Bens parboiled though.