Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    My smaller trailer is a 14k 14' dump trailer that a friend has had for a month now, they are cleaning out a house. And I have a shell on the truck that is fiberglass and heavy but I think I have enough steel to rig up a pallet I can slide it onto and unload it with the tractor.  I really need a 12' single axle for running around though.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - You need to start a thread (Replacing windows, doors, and bathrooms in the GWN during winter, how I do it.) for this so we can all follow your upgrade journey. Hopefully your work should go a lot quicker than mine! 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Believe it or not my 1 Ton with that trailer gets 16 mpg and my 4runner is currently reading 15mpg unladen.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    As for the Speed Queen, 2 loads in and we love it so far, it actually fills with water. Amazing, and it spins the clothes drier than our maytag so no more damp clothes coming out if the dryer.  Finally no lid lock so you can just throw it open, put more clothes in and it automatically re starts, before we had to pause the load, wait for it to unlock, add whatever then hold start for 3 seconds while it beeped at you. Speaking of beeps, it doesnt beep at you for 20 minutes declaring its finished.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @samiam2

You actually came to mind when I was posting that. How you been? Figured I could replicate your “Spending buckets of money yielding mildly discernible results - How I do it”. The funny part will be our “ensuite” - a small closet that was converted to a bathroom years back. We love it, but the dimensions are obscenely small. I am telling my wife we can afford to take big design risks, as material costs will be negligible and we’re the only ones who will really have to suffer the results if we don’t like it.

The demolition work on the bathrooms starts tomorrow, but the window replacement will take place spring or summer. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,387
    Options
    New EDC knife that I totally don't need, especially at my age.  Thanks @WeberWho. I did it thru the sunk thread option so even that subliminal message didn't save me!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    @lousubcap I have one in the “cart” as well. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    @samiam2

You actually came to mind when I was posting that. How you been? Figured I could replicate your “Spending buckets of money yielding mildly discernible results - How I do it”. The funny part will be our “ensuite” - a small closet that was converted to a bathroom years back. We love it, but the dimensions are obscenely small. I am telling my wife we can afford to take big design risks, as material costs will be negligible and we’re the only ones who will really have to suffer the results if we don’t like it.

The demolition work on the bathrooms starts tomorrow, but the window replacement will take place spring or summer. 
    Post those en suite results. Mine is literally five feet in depth, the length of a tub, and 7 feet wide.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy

Yours is huge! With your interest in mind, I’ll try to post mine in a before and after. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Small bathrooms demand strong fans.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Long showers demand strong fans and on demand water heaters.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Long showers demand strong fans and on demand water heaters.
    Did you just say water heater?!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just took some measurements - about 5’ x just over 2’. 

Obviously, it’s a powder room, so toilet and sink only. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

You mean bidet and sink only, right?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

You mean bidet and sink only, right?  ;)
    Can’t a sink perform both functions? 😉

The biggest question at present is whether we have the length to accommodate the bidet in the ensuite (an Ove Strom). If not, it gets relegated to the basement, where we’re expanding the current powder room and putting in a shower, along with some extra walls and doors. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Not envious of a full bathroom Reno. I’ve put ours off for damn near a year now. She’s said we’re going fixture pricing Tuesday. She’s already called the contractor and got us on the list. His start time depends on lead time for fixtures…….
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    New EDC knife that I totally don't need, especially at my age.  Thanks @WeberWho. I did it thru the sunk thread option so even that subliminal message didn't save me!  B)
    Yep! I did the exact same thing as well. Went with the new kershaw iridium duralock folding knife and I’m gonna be like a kid at Christmas waiting on it to get here  =)
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    That’s awesome.   Haven’t owned a Kershaw in a couple decades but may need to look back into them.   Been so caught up in Sebenza. Hindered. ZT, BM and Spyderco I forget about the hidden gems sometimes.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Kershaw's new lineup utilizes the benchmade axis lock.  Their patent expired, so excited to see this on more budget friendly options.

Their Iridium has a thumb stud and very nice looking aluminum scales.  This looks awesome.  Kershaw also has one called a Covalent which is a flipper.  This one really excites me since Kershaw makes a really nice flipper.  Taking a flipper (a favorite style of mine) and adding an axis lock!  That is gonna be a hit.

Their Livewire also looks great.  The 2023 lineup is pretty sweet.

@TechsasJim ZT is owned by Kershaw.  It is their more premium name.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

thanks I had no idea but things are bought and sold so often I can’t keep up.   I have an Emerson CQC-7 and it seems like Emerson was acquired by someone too.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Kershaw, ZT, Shun and a few other well known blade brands all under the KAI Ltd umbrella. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,387
    Options
    Not buying but something worth considering:
    I have made some recent purchases where buying on-line from the OEM was quite a bit (24%) cheaper than the Amazon price for the exact same product.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Not really buying but shelling out money to an arborist to take down some massive limbs on one of the Live Oaks...I'd rather apply that $ to something cool but oh well.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Not really buying but shelling out money to an arborist to take down some massive limbs on one of the Live Oaks...I'd rather apply that $ to something cool but oh well.
    Save the limbs for your smoker. Maybe that will help take some of the edge off.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Absolutely!   I usually prune myself and save them but there are just a couple places too high for my pole saw.    I'll take the bigger pieces and let them dry out then cut into manageable sizes for the Egg.   I save tens of dollars by doing that, hahaha.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Absolutely!   I usually prune myself and save them but there are just a couple places too high for my pole saw.    I'll take the bigger pieces and let them dry out then cut into manageable sizes for the Egg.   I save tens of dollars by doing that, hahaha.
    A dollar saved is a dollar earned!  Unless you are not investing, then you have lost opportunities .... but I digress.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Some stepper motors that the company was throwing out.  The possibilities are endless….🤪. Z axis?  Who knows!
    Options
    I collect junk and work as a lowly lab technician at the bench!!!!!
    @GrateEggspectations“Spending buckets of money yielding mildly discernible results - How I do it” - this was me last year with a crawl space encapsulation and a new heat pump, nearly $40k!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina