Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    A fun upcoming project will be making a king sized bed frame.  Probably go with some kind of craftsman style to match the house.
    WeberWho said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Earlier this morning there was an 80% chance of snow. My buddy asked if I'd be willing to help shovel as his business is struggling to find anyone willing to work. I said I'd help out as they're in a pinch. It's down to a 20% chance of snow now. I wasn't looking forward to 3-4 hours worth of shoveling after getting off of work at 6pm tomorrow night  The last time I helped out with shoveling it was a 14 hour day. What are friends for right? He'd do the same if I was in a pinch. 
    Hoping it holds off. I'm about tired of the snow for the year and we have 2 months to go yet.

Yeah, its been crazy! We've already accumulated more snow in the last 1.5 - 2 months then we usually get all winter long. I was getting worried that my snowblower wouldn't shoot the snow past the big wall of snow already built up from snowblowing. For how awful that rain that turned into ice a week or two ago was, it helped keep the snow a little more manageable with it melting some of the snow. 
    It's wild! I live on the sidewalk side of the street so the real battle is figuring out where to put the snow between the road and the sidewalk. The banks are a good 5' high right now.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I finished the master bedroom a few weeks ago.  Tin came out great.  Helluva lot of work.  I put R19 bats up, then covered with 1” foam board, then marine grade mahogany plywood (got a deal on that).  Then tin.  Put 8 can lights in each room.  

When I bought my shop, my buddy left some new windows there leftover from a couple houses he built.  They fit almost perfectly in the bedroom.  So I put those in and it made a huge difference from the single pane casement windows that were probably R1 at best. 

Bitching Carey
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    I finished the master bedroom a few weeks ago.  Tin came out great.  Helluva lot of work.  I put R19 bats up, then covered with 1” foam board, then marine grade mahogany plywood (got a deal on that).  Then tin.  Put 8 can lights in each room.  

When I bought my shop, my buddy left some new windows there leftover from a couple houses he built.  They fit almost perfectly in the bedroom.  So I put those in and it made a huge difference from the single pane casement windows that were probably R1 at best. 

You have been busy for sure.....looking good!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    @nolaegghead. Carey. That is stunning!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Nice work Carey
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    A fun upcoming project will be making a king sized bed frame.  Probably go with some kind of craftsman style to match the house.
    Love to see progress photos of that. I'll probably build a platform bed next, but at one time I really wanted to build a sleigh bed.
    I think Lee Valley has a book on bed-building by Jeff Miller?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Waiting for a car service appointment.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Went walking out to my shop and look here. 

Maybe that’s a sign I need to eat more beef.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    SGH said:

Vertically challenged beef. Looks short
  • SGH said:

Just don't bury it in the yard.  We want you to be able to find it again!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    SGH said:

Just don't bury it in the yard.  We want you to be able to find it again!
    I disagree. Perfect time to try Pit Beef. Just put in a pole with a flag and chain it by one leg to the pole. This way it won’t float away with all the rain. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:
    SGH said:

That’s where ground beef comes from. 
    Now this is funny!
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • nolaegghead
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    ColbyLang said:
    SGH said:

That’s where ground beef comes from. 
    Now this is funny!
    Ground pork jokes, not so much….amiright?
    Gearing up and preparing for potential protests. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Protests?  Looked on the news and didn't see anything worthy of a protest.  Hopefully everyone stays safe and sane.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Protests?  Looked on the news and didn't see anything worthy of a protest.  Hopefully everyone stays safe and sane.
    They haven’t released the footage. Maybe our agency is just being super cautious and preparing for the worst. I hope everything is calm. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I knew they were about to release footage in Memphis but didn’t know anything about Vegas. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    edited January 2023
    I knew they were about to release footage in Memphis but didn’t know anything about Vegas. 
    There are folks that demonstrate and or riot for issues that are not local to them.  This happened with George Floyd and in Ferguson with Michael Brown.  It’s worst where it happened but it’s prudent for all urban PDs to be prepared.  Better for nothing than caught off guard.

Also, we have started making our oldest children (21&19, respectively) pick one night a week that they are responsible for dinner. Buying, cooking and cleaning up afterward. My son’s turn is tonight. He called and asked if he could cook burgers on the stove. Can you? Yes. Are you? No. I will start the grill for you when I get home. Proud dad moment right? Kid is wanting to do burgers.

Anyway, I get home. Start the grill up and start looking for the ground beef in the fridge. Can’t find it. He comes downstairs and presents this. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I have never made frozen burgers since this kid has been alive. 

To top it off, he didn’t get lettuce, tomatoes or anything else to put on a burger, you know, because he doesn’t put them on his. 

Oh well, it’s the thought that counts and another teaching opportunity. 
    Let's hope.....spam spam spam, and eggs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Also, we have started making our oldest children (21&19, respectively) pick one night a week that they are responsible for dinner. Buying, cooking and cleaning up afterward. My son’s turn is tonight. He called and asked if he could cook burgers on the stove. Can you? Yes. Are you? No. I will start the grill for you when I get home. Proud dad moment right? Kid is wanting to do burgers.

Anyway, I get home. Start the grill up and start looking for the ground beef in the fridge. Can’t find it. He comes downstairs and presents this. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I have never made frozen burgers since this kid has been alive. 

To top it off, he didn’t get lettuce, tomatoes or anything else to put on a burger, you know, because he doesn’t put them on his. 

Oh well, it’s the thought that counts and another teaching opportunity. 
    Either this a great opportunity for your son to learn and understand what making dinner is like, or he already knows and did this deliberately as a silent protest.

Either way, eating dinner with you kids when they are legally adults is amazing, no matter the food.  Enjoy!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    George Floyd happened and we had our fair share of protest happened in Vegas. Things happen and affect things across the country. 

There are folks that demonstrate and or riot for issues that are not local to them.  This happened with George Floyd and in Ferguson with Michael Brown.  It’s worst where it happened but it’s prudent for all urban PDs to be prepared.  Better for nothing than caught off guard.
    This is true. One day at a time. If the video is as bad as it sounds, those responsible have been fired and arrested. Hopefully that will quell any violent reactions. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    George Floyd happened and we had our fair share of protest happened in Vegas. Things happen and affect things across the country. 

This is true. One day at a time. If the video is as bad as it sounds, those responsible have been fired and arrested. Hopefully that will quell any violent reactions. 
    Wow, hadn't heard about this, but now I see why Urban areas are preparing themselves.  Hope justice, whatever that may be, is served and that any protests remain non-violent.

Stay safe my friend.

• Just came across this…

• Just came across this…

Equal parts hilarious and wrong I think, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited January 2023
    @JohnInCarolina

“I’ll have the Isaac, please.”