Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Grogu said:
    Beer butt chicken on the roaster dealio my daughter gave me for Christmas. I actually remembered to take pictures this time.
    @Grogu, there are so many juicy caption ideas for this picture alone, that you should start a separate "Caption Contest" thread for this!  And right up-front I'll gladly donate 675 BotchPoints™ to be awarded!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Pulled a Napoleon Dynamite:

3 cheese, smoked turkey, mushrooms.
    3 cheese blending is pretty advanced.  I hope you referenced YouTube and 2x personal chef Mike Neylan for proper technique.  

Seriously though I love a fancy quesadilla 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    MasterC said:
    lousubcap said:
    @MasterC you have a source for 1 rib beef ribs or are you hiding the remainders??   =)  Nicely done as always!
    Sorry there were 3 bones

Those look great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Simple paella cook on the LBGE 12" pan-
    Shrimp and cheap baby scallops.
    And a weak $$ shot-

There is the socarrat.  
    It was good.
    Thanks for lookin.

Now I want paella. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sis-in-law, an excellent cook and baker, made this for us last night along with some marinated eggplant that was sublime. She doubled the recipe, so there was a whopping 50 cloves of garlic (nod to @caliking) in the mix. Highly recommend this recipe. No pics. 

• caliking
    Options
    Sis-in-law, an excellent cook and baker, made this for us last night along with some marinated eggplant that was sublime. She doubled the recipe, so there was a whopping 50 cloves of garlic (nod to @caliking) in the mix. Highly recommend this recipe. No pics. 

Finally... someone who gets me!

That looks like a great recipe. Bookmarked. 

I tried stirring eggs into the rice once (like this recipe calls for), and it turned out very well. Each grain of  rice was coated with egg vs. separate chunks of scrambled egg in the rice. Delicious.

• caliking
    Options
    @Acn - seems like you’ve become a  bigger fan of pav bhaji than we are :) It’s good stuff. 

The bottom row of that handsome masala dabba looks interesting. Please report back when you try them. I’ve actually had a long-standing love affair with Dishoom  for years, without even having eaten there! Got their book a while back, and made some of their masalas, which have been great additions to all kinds of things. Haven’t gotten around to many of the recipes yet, but hope to rectify that soon. Would love to hear of other recipes you’ve tried from it. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I am consistently blown away by some of the cooks in this thread.  Some of y’all are kickin ass.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Fried backstrap, gravy, & biscuits

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Acn - seems like you’ve become a  bigger fan of pav bhaji than we are :) It’s good stuff. 

The bottom row of that handsome masala dabba looks interesting. Please report back when you try them. I’ve actually had a long-standing love affair with Dishoom  for years, without even having eaten there! Got their book a while back, and made some of their masalas, which have been great additions to all kinds of things. Haven’t gotten around to many of the recipes yet, but hope to rectify that soon. Would love to hear of other recipes you’ve tried from it. 
    Thank you!  I'll report back on the bottom row - first thought based on smelling is that the pepper fry is going to belong to me and me alone, they are not joking with the pepper option.

This was the first thing we'd done from the cookbook, next will probably be the house daal; we picked up the whole urad daal at our local Indian grocery over the weekend.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    That looks good, but I've never heard of a Portuguese fish.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Legume said:
    That looks good, but I've never heard of a Portuguese fish.
    I suppose they speak Portuguese? 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    IF you have leftover, add some tumeric, garam masala and chili powder - fish curry!
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @fishlessman. You live well sir😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    mozzarella chicken, lots of leftovers this week

Just grilled chicken with mozzarella?  Details please.  Looks really good and looking for different ways to cook chicken.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Just grilled chicken with mozzarella?  Details please.  Looks really good and looking for different ways to cook chicken.
    You might have tried already, but I like the different texture that sous vide brings to chicken. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

You might have tried already, but I like the different texture that sous vide brings to chicken. 
    What time and temp do you use?  I do mine for 2.5hrs at 147.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options

lazy snowy sunday
    i went with this one because its easy. used a jar of fire roasted peppers and subbed out the paste for stewed tomatoes. sear was just salt and heavy pepper

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options

lazy snowy sunday
    i went with this one because its easy. used a jar of fire roasted peppers and subbed out the paste for stewed tomatoes. sear was just salt and heavy pepper

Thanks!  I have cooked some boneless breasts then put salsa on them and a melted a slice of pepper jack, then topped with avocado slices.  But this sounds really good.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Don't recall, to be honest. Was too long ago. Sorry. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Don't recall, to be honest. Was too long ago. Sorry. 
    No worries at all.  I was more curious than anything else.