Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Yep, @TEXASBGE2018 - strong work.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @texasbge2018

Hard to believe, but this cook easily meets or even exceeds your lawn game. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @TEXASBGE2018 sumbitch dude!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    @texasbge2018

Hard to believe, but this cook easily meets or even exceeds your lawn game. 

This was in the top 3 best pizzas I've ever made.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• @WeberWho I had no idea they finally made a KAC for the small!  I just ordered one.  Thanks.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    @WeberWho I had no idea they finally made a KAC for the small!  I just ordered one.  Thanks.  

Right on! I have one for my large and I've been really happy with it. The Small is a pain to clean. I'm hoping the KAB and the KAC makes it a breeze to clean now. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    @WeberWho I had no idea they finally made a KAC for the small!  I just ordered one.  Thanks.  
    This happened to me too; the Small KAC was cleverly hidden away on their website until someone on this forum showed me the way.
    The Small can be cleaned out with the Ash-Tool, just like the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle can be done with ballpoint pen.  Oof-Dah.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Botch said:
    This happened to me too; the Small KAC was cleverly hidden away on their website until someone on this forum showed me the way.
    The Small can be cleaned out with the Ash-Tool, just like the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle can be done with ballpoint pen.  Oof-Dah.  
    Does the LBGE come with an ash tool? I don't recall buying the ash tool separately. I know my SBGE didn't come with one. Not having the right tool is 90% of my issue. The SBGE ash rake never crossed my mind when it came to purchasing accessories. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch said:
    I have always removed the KAB and used a nitrile gloved hand to scoop out the ash in the small.  Love the KAC in the large and XL.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    edited October 2022
    WeberWho said:
    Does the LBGE come with an ash tool? I don't recall buying the ash tool separately. I know my SBGE didn't come with one. Not having the right tool is 90% of my issue. The SBGE ash rake never crossed my mind when it came to purchasing accessories. 
    Now that you mention it, my ash tool did come with my Large, and the Small did not.... I'd been using the wrong tool for the job.  d'Oh!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Wolfpack said:
    Went to a fiends house last night with dedicated pizza oven.  I didn’t get any pics of the finished product, but great time and the pizza was outstanding.

He made a 65% hydration dough and the WFO had a dome temp around 900 and deck temp around 700.  He moved the coals from one side to the other to get higher deck temp. Produced a great leopard spotted crust with a good crisp bite. 

Unfortunately now I think I “need” one. 

yes, you do.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

• It all looks great, but nothing truly says “satisfaction” in the deepest sense until that last photo. 
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Ditto on the mates @WeberWho - I've got homemade ones out of wormy maple on all my eggs.  Good looking brats too!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Steak night.  KC Strip, shrimp skewer, baked potatoes, and corn on the Napoleon.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited October 2022
    shtgunal3 said:

Rack of spares on the baby Traeger at the RV park.cut in half and leaned against one another. Rub only , no wrap, no sauce, just smoke. 250 for four hours. They did not suck.
    Nice cook on the Traeger.  You know Cen-Tex will be butt-hurt for you posting a non BGE cook.  Just remember that he is a simple minded Texan, and no one cares what he posts on here. LMAO! Keep up the nice cooks and posts. Your food looks great.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Buckwoody Egger - Great finish on that steak.  String pull for the win.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @shtgunal3 - perfect color and bark on those ribs.  What did you use for a rub?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking said:
    Finishing up with Diwali festivities this weekend. It was on 10/24, so why not party on both weekends =)

caliqueen made rangoli (decorative, made with sand. Not edible).

Made a bunch of things this past week,  finished up with jalebi. Sort of like a crispy funnel cake, doused in syrup flavored with saffron, cardamom, fennel. 

Happy Diwali, Ashish! Your cook looks incredible. 

Years ago, my wife and I were invited to an incredibly posh Diwali party unlike anything else we’ve ever attended. Your cook brings back great memories of that!
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    @caliking--- Wow, just Wow!!  You and caliqueen have exceptional talents- thanks for sharing!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    wwinnc said:
    @caliking--- Wow, just Wow!!  You and caliqueen have exceptional talents- thanks for sharing!

Double ditto!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk