Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Beef and broccoli....with baby corn.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    Spares ,going on.  @rrp. Might be the last of it's kind on the planet.                     
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Ah, Bluesmoke rubs. Hadn't thought of Ken in a while. Wife and I met him at the 2005 Florida Eggfest. What a nice guy, and his rubs were awesome. Didn't know it then but Ken worked at the Melbourne campus of Brevard Community College - now Eastern Florida State College. Wife and I both worked for that college, me at the Melbourne and Cocoa Campus and wife at Cocoa. He made a killer Mexican Breakfast Casserole that was an Emeril Lagasse' original recipe. Thanks for the nod @fishlessman.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2022
    @fishlessman found this link here:https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1209679/stuffed-turkey-ken-stones-witchy-red -

EDIT the above link provides this link to Ken's original post along with the recipe. The poster hasn't been active here since December 2021 and unfortunately that site can no longer be reached: 
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=569483&catid=1
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 364
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    No chefing tonight.  Krystal's for the win!

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452

Missed this earlier, beautiful. Masterbuilt GS 560 or 800? Care to share your fuel setup and temp/time? Still debating whether to keep my still in box 560.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    And the third course @dmchicago??  You are gonna pay for this banquet... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SamIAm2 said:
    Ah, Bluesmoke rubs. Hadn't thought of Ken in a while. Wife and I met him at the 2005 Florida Eggfest. What a nice guy, and his rubs were awesome. Didn't know it then but Ken worked at the Melbourne campus of Brevard Community College - now Eastern Florida State College. Wife and I both worked for that college, me at the Melbourne and Cocoa Campus and wife at Cocoa. He made a killer Mexican Breakfast Casserole that was an Emeril Lagasse' original recipe. Thanks for the nod @fishlessman.

If witchy red is the rub with beet powder in it, I still have a bunch of it.  Delicious.
    If witchy red is the rub with beet powder in it, I still have a bunch of it.  Delicious.
    @nolaegghead - Ken had so many good rubs that I bought at the Eggfests where he cooked. Witchy Red was not one of them, not because I don't like beets. How long have you been holding on to that stash?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 456
    For those of us that missed the Witchy Red era here is the post from Ken graciously sharing his recipe. I’m shopping for ingredients this week for a scaled back quantity.  
    IL 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    LetsEat said:
    For those of us that missed the Witchy Red era here is the post from Ken graciously sharing his recipe. I’m shopping for ingredients this week for a scaled back quantity.  

Text for simple copy/paste:

# BlueSmoke's Witchy Red Rub

Below is the formulation for BlueSmoke's Witchy Red. All values are in ounces (weight). You will notice that some of the ingredients are unusual, and only available from a spice merchant such as Penzey's or Rocky Mountain Spice. One of the unique elements of Witchy Red is its ability to change the color of the food while enhancing its taste. I post the formulation here in hopes that those who sincerely want Witchy Red will be able to create it. ask only that if you make a batch, you credit me with the formulation.
    BlueSmoke

## Ingredients

- Quantities are in OUNCES

- Beet Powder 5.50
    - Black Pepper 5.50
    - Cayenne 1.50
    - Charnuska 5.00
    - Chile, Chimayo 1.50
    - Citric Acid 5.50
    - Ginger Powder 2.00
    - Honey Powder 5.50
    - Lemon Peel 2.00
    - Paprika 5.00
    - Salt 11.00
    - Sesame Seed, Black 5.50
    - Sugar, Turbinado 3.50
    - Tomato Powder  6.50
    - Wasabi Powder 1.00

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    dmchicago said:
    A Thomas Keller dish prepared by my wife. 
    Lamb
    beans
    a five hour reduction 
    That looks amazing!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS