Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Pork brisket

Whoa
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Pork brisket

Gawjus, but what cut is that??  I've never heard of this.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @4TheGrillOfIt - you nailed it compared to my sorry outcome.  Beautiful cook right there. Cooking details?
    @Botch here's link to a thread from months ago about pork brisket, FYI-
    "It's been several months but I recall it was a small brisket (as expected) with very little point.  It took a long time to reach the feel.  Below is the thread that got me on it.  I generally followed the linked youtube video. Sorry for not much more.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 364
    caliking said:
    Mr1egg said:

Needs a little modification to fit in my bbq better but that'll have to wait. Have about 15 people to feed and more food to go onto the q
    I saw the first pic, and my jaw dropped. Said to myself "This guy lives. Not only does he have a 6-rack cook going, but someone let him stack 'em up on the towel rack in the bathroom. " Which I am not opposed to, because that would be an efficient operation.

Then realized that the pic was sideways =). Still impressive!

Lol I wish I would of thought about the towel rack before buying this pricy rib rack yesterday. Wish I got a pick of all the sausages on too at the end.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    caliking said:
    Acn said:

Very honestly, you kill it (hard). On the regular. You're on my list of "people I wish I lived near".
    Thank you so much!  Highest of praise coming from you!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking said:
    Mr1egg said:

Needs a little modification to fit in my bbq better but that'll have to wait. Have about 15 people to feed and more food to go onto the q
    I saw the first pic, and my jaw dropped. Said to myself "This guy lives. Not only does he have a 6-rack cook going, but someone let him stack 'em up on the towel rack in the bathroom. " Which I am not opposed to, because that would be an efficient operation.

Then realized that the pic was sideways =). Still impressive!

😆 🤣 😂 I completely agree with this. I thought the exact same thing!!
  • @botch Thanks. I ordered the pig brisket from Porter Road.  The cut comes from part of the picnic ham portion of the animal and the chest I think.  It very much reminded me of pork steak.  

@lousubcap Thanks, Cappy, it did turn out very well.  I smoked it with applewood at around 250F.  By the time it reached 160F internal the bark was set and it was beautiful mahogany color.  I wrapped like ribs with butter and honey.  At 203F I unwrapped and basted with sauce and placed back on the smoker until the sauce tacked up.  

Also, I captured all the juices in a fat separator and made a little sauce on the side.  

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • @paqman

Was going to ask what time to be there, but looks like it’s already served. 

Where did you buy the short ribs?
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    @GrateEggspectations That was last night diner!  Finch Market is the only place I find nice ones like this. It is a long drive but it is worth it.

Gotta ask… if the beer gets hot enough, will it even boil?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    The cooks are very strong today.  Congrats to all for enjoying the last weekend of the calendar Summer.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    @Buckwoody Egger

Gotta ask… if the beer gets hot enough, will it even boil?
    Can you boil water on the egg? 🤣😂

caliking Posts: 18,727
    chili for the weekend

then some chili mac

All of that looks delicious! I especially dig the use of ridged pasta, for maximum sauce grabbiness.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    caliking said:
    Thai basil chicken from a couple of nights ago. Super quick… maybe 15 mins all in. Worth adding to the weeknight rotation. 

Love Thai basil. Non stop harvest all summer here. Experimented with vac seal as is and freeze. Opened a pack to sample and pleasantly surprised, it’s almost as good as fresh flavour wise.

caliking said:
    Thai basil chicken from a couple of nights ago. Super quick… maybe 15 mins all in. Worth adding to the weeknight rotation. 

Love Thai basil. Non stop harvest all summer here. Experimented with vac seal as is and freeze. Opened a pack to sample and pleasantly surprised, it’s almost as good as fresh flavour wise.
    Does it turn black like in ziplock frozen.  The black doesn't affect flavor but needs to be used in darker sause or it does not look right
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    caliking said:
    chili for the weekend

then some chili mac

All of that looks delicious! I especially dig the use of ridged pasta, for maximum sauce grabbiness.
    The really big elbows that used to fill with sauce have been gone for years here. I like the ridges but mis the big elbows that were made locally by prince here. Prince spaghetti had a huge compound here,  ponds rivers, granite stone bridges, resteraunt,  generations of family worker bees etc.   A local favorite til they closed everything and moved in search of profits.  We don't buy prince anymore even if they bring back the big elbows......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it