Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    It’s super awesome when you make a big meal and then your two teenagers decide they are going out with friends after you started dinner already and now you know that half of the dinner you are preparing is going to end up in the trash. Fun. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Battleborn I cannot count the "make-aheads" as @RRP so eloquently offered or the left-overs I have cranked out over the years.  The second, third or beyond banquet with a bit of care will beat a pedestrian cook any day.  
    Just try it a few times with some creativity-flavour (nod) wise.  Don't declare victory too soon.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn I cannot count the "make-aheads" as @RRP so eloquently offered or the left-overs I have cranked out over the years.  The second, third or beyond banquet with a bit of care will beat a pedestrian cook any day.  
    Just try it a few times with some creativity-flavour (nod) wise.  Don't declare victory too soon.  
    Luckily it was just some egged salmon and I was told before the fish hit the grill easy fix to vacuum seal the fish portions. The rest is just vegetables and I’m not in the habit of saving that nonsense. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Nice change of pace for airline dinner. Short rib from Fox Bros in Atlanta. Apparently they have paired up with delta. Probably the best meal I’ve had on a delta flight. Give it a try if you have the chance. 

Money shot for the Capt.

Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @dbCooper glad you found the pups some homes!

I like how that restaurant does sandwiches!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @dbCooper - way to really make a difference right there.  Great to read especially in this day and age.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @dbCooper Awesome👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just changed the battery on my Outback. Now, I can’t seem to control any of the windows from the driver’s cluster, though they work via the controls of their respective seats. Ideas?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Just changed the battery on my Outback. Now, I can’t seem to control any of the windows from the driver’s cluster, though they work via the controls of their respective seats. Ideas?
    Google shows many similar stories, apparently it’ll fix itself after some drive around?
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Thanks. That’s what I had seen too. Someone even suggests a trick where you lower the windows locally before then taxing them from the driver’s seat. I will investigate. 

First time I’ve had this issue in 20+ years of changing batteries on all sorts of makes and models. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Canugghead

Thanks. That’s what I had seen too. Someone even suggests a trick where you lower the windows locally before then taxing them from the driver’s seat. I will investigate. 

First time I’ve had this issue in 20+ years of changing batteries on all sorts of makes and models. 
    Some cars, if you roll all the way down and hold the button for like 10 secs it’ll reset.  May have to go both directions.  Had the issue with one touch on BMW 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Some cars, if you roll all the way down and hold the button for like 10 secs it’ll reset.  May have to go both directions.  Had the issue with one touch on BMW 
    Thanks. Just came in from doing it. Had to play with each window locally. Seems like it was relearning the range of movement. Oddly, they can to life one by one with continued play. Technology is fun, but also a pain. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    theyolksonyou said:
    This may help me too.  My Audi is a convertible, and it has formed rubber seals on the roof.  The window normally lowers 1/2" or so when I open the door, then seals back up when I close the door.  It doesn't do that anymore, is acting real wonky and sometimes stays all the way up; not good to shut the door and the glass hits the outside of the seal.  Just the driver's main window.  
    I'll report back.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    Options
    That city was magic in my younger years.  Talk about a cross section of diverse neighbourhoods (nod) and entertainment.  Caught the Rolling Stones in the Forum in 1972 (Stevie Wonder was warmup).  Ah, the fading memories but 5 decades sounds a whole lot better than half a century.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Making goat tacos.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    @SGH that’s baaaad!
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    edited August 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:

taking heavily wooded acreage into a view like that is no easy feat.. that picture is a thing of beauty.. 

Yeah I appreciate the work our forefathers put in to make it all possible. This whole area was a wooded swamp until it was settled by veterans of the American Revolutionary War.  They systematically tiled and cleared every tree by hand. 
    everyone complaining about gas prices..talk to a farmer about fertilizer..

I had no idea..

What species of grass is that..

I'm planting a Kentucky 32 this fall to go in with a not till application of Bahia next spring.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

taking heavily wooded acreage into a view like that is no easy feat.. that picture is a thing of beauty.. 

Yeah I appreciate the work our forefathers put in to make it all possible. This whole area was a wooded swamp until it was settled by veterans of the American Revolutionary War.  They systematically tiled and cleared every tree by hand. 
    everyone complaining about gas prices..talk to a farmer about fertilizer..

I had no idea..

What species of grass is that..

I'm planting a Kentucky 32 this fall to go in with a not till application of Bahia next spring.

I am not sure what kind of grass it is.  There is a small field across the street from a friends house and the owner said they could bale it if they wanted.  Definitely a blend of grasses, I bale it and they feed it to their goats.  I planted 4 acres of alfalfa behind their house that I get 3-5 cuttings a year off of but its too wet to mow it now.

Fertilizer and chemicals have double and just about tripled in some cases in the last 2 years, speculated herbicide shortages last fall forced many of us to plant traited beans that were more expensive and varieties we are acclimated with. 
    Diesel doubled, everything on the farm burns diesel plus semis. 
    Here locally we had about 7 days back in April that were fit to plant and the rest of spring was a monsoon, drowning out the early planted stuff. During those 7 days corn chemicals and anhydrous was applied so no switching to beans when we could finally get back out there the first week of June, planting wet, right at prevent for crop insurance.   Replanted many spots 2-3 times.  I could go on and on.

Basically if you talk to any farmer this was the worst spring they have seen in 30 years, and two months ago they said after a spring like that we will be dry all summer, but luckily that is not the case! We have been getting steady rains all summer and next week looks good too, so there is hope for the crop.  Later planted corn may not dry down properly but as long as we don't get a early frost I might get to eat a bologna sandwich for Thanksgiving.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Trying to explain to some coworkers how we poll meters on the smart grid using the existing power lines. I think I lost them when I started explaining we essentially create a short on the power line near null voltage that results In binary communication from meters to HQ. Each meter is polled every 30-45 seconds. If a meter goes offline it will start polling it’s neighboring meters creating a very detailed outage report. #technology
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Cleanest it has been in years.  
    Nice!  Should be all set for that breakdancing party you were telling me about!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Trying to explain to some coworkers how we poll meters on the smart grid using the existing power lines. I think I lost them when I started explaining we essentially create a short on the power line near null voltage that results In binary communication from meters to HQ. Each meter is polled every 30-45 seconds. If a meter goes offline it will start polling it’s neighboring meters creating a very detailed outage report. #technology
    I read that 3 times and have no idea what you said. You would have lost me a long time before them, I’m sure. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• littlerascal56
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sounds like you’re happy with your power line carrier system.  We looked at those, but with our rural customer base and 187 substations in 44 counties, it would have been challenging.  Especially considering we meter both electric & gas.
    So we went with a Sensus microwave system, and 80 new towers. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I just got off the phone with the power company asking them why every two weeks random meters lose power while 502 or 1002 customers lose power at the same time.  The outage map looks like a baseball diamond and my location is home plate.  It just happened again last night.  Office/store loses power for 2 hours but the other 6 meters had power.  I want answers.  Nice weather during all outages except one.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Sounds like a recloser or feeder breaker is tripping to take that many customers out. Perhaps “critter” issues at a substation? Or they need to do some tree trimming?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Sounds like you’re happy with your power line carrier system.  We looked at those, but with our rural customer base and 187 substations in 44 counties, it would have been challenging.  Especially considering we meter both electric & gas.
    So we went with a Sensus microwave system, and 80 new towers. 
    We have RF deployed as well. We’re the largest coop in Indiana but only serve ~30k over 7 counties. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!