Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @lkapigian that looks like just the ticket for a hot summer day.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    The skills and wide ranging talent level just keep moving upward.  @lkapigian, way to offer an impressive and new (at least to me) family homeland dish on the forum.  Looks wonderful.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Neibhor caught a 600 hundred pound bluefin yesterday, have a ten pound block. Thinking kabobs tomorrow. Any recipes
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Neibhor caught a 600 hundred pound bluefin yesterday, have a ten pound block. Thinking kabobs tomorrow. Any recipes
    Slice/eat

if you must, pass it over the fire on your way to your mouth. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Slice it, spritz some lime juice on it, and eat.  Did you get the cheeks?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    10# of tuna. Hmmmm, raw or sear like a ribeye. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Yes!  B)  Better to be lucky than good right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I will eat with asquirt lime. Impossible to serve to a crowd here still red which is fvkng unbelievable
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Yes!  B)  Better to be lucky than good right there.  
    Ten pound roasts, damn
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    The expressed meaning was using the knife as you can enjoy both...I would err on the thin sliced but knife skills offer flexibility as you well know.  
    I likely need to take a pause and get into the rocket fuel load.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Wooderson said:

Pork belly burnt ends for appetizers. Blts with homemade bread,  corn on the cob, fruit salad with feta.  Much yumms
    I was going to post something.  Never mind.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Two deboned turkey pectorals pre seasoned as “rotisserie flavor” from the bargain mirage.  

Be impressed!  Be underwhelmed!  Enjoy the option. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Wooderson - that photo is worth an order of magnitude more than a "like." Impressive cook across the spectrum.  
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 354
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Wooderson - that photo is worth an order of magnitude more than a "like." Impressive cook across the spectrum.  
    @lousubcap i appreciate the kind words
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

sushi, some ceviche, missed the cooked skewer pics. dont start the morning with mai tais. anyways theres still some steals to cook up

Not fishless today...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• jadams03
    jadams03 Posts: 45
    Options
    Salmon terriyaki bowls with miso braised kale and roasted sweet potato and zucchini.  We tag teamed on this one. I cannot begin to describe how happy I was with this meal. The kids, 3 and 8, ate it up, with the older one stealing half of my salmon. Very healthy too. 

That looks absolutely amazing! What's the sauce on the salmon?  And is there a reference for this dish or did you create it yourself?   Would love to try.
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @jadams03

Thanks, friend. This one just worked out great. Whole family agreed we wanted to do this again soon. 

It’s a riff on a Buddha bowl recipe my sis-in-law had once made. If you Google salmon Buddha bowls, there are lots of good recipes online. For the salmon, I just threw soya, rice wine vinegar, honey, sambal olek, sesame oil, mirin, and tons of freshly grated garlic and ginger into a ziplock, and squished the bag to mix. Didn’t measure any of the ingredients. If you use them regularly in other recipes, it can be kind of intuitive. Tasted once and then added a little salt and pepper, a little more soy and a little more honey. Then I marinated the portioned salmon (to increase surface area). Cooked the salmon indirect on the Egg, brushing the salmon with the remaining marinade regularly, which worked to build a glaze. 

The salmon sauce was magical, and while I’d like to take credit, I had no part in making that portion. It was a cashew, miso, ginger and garlic dressing and my word, did it ever punch! I would guess there was other stuff in there. It hit that beautiful (to me, at least) threshold of garlic where the sting was present. Super creamy from the cashews. I could eat that stuff with a spoon. I searched online to see if I could find a recipe for you and it seems miso ginger dressing is a pretty popular thing. If I can get further deets from my wife, maybe I can PM ya. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations thanks for sharing. That looks delicious! I must try that sauce. Sounds like it would win on this side too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    @GrateEggspectations thanks for sharing. That looks delicious! I must try that sauce. Sounds like it would win on this side too.
    I can promise you would have approved of the garlic content. Right up your alley. Actually thought of you when I tasted it.