Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 917

16.95 seems like a lot to pay for that little pile of cream cheese and butter. Oh, and you're down to the last two garlic bulbs and just one white onion. I hope you replenish them before you try to make a big garlic and onion cake.

Cake looks fantastic. My cakes always come out round, I suspect it's the pan itself.

SB (Simpleton Baker)
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 917
    edited July 2022
    I love curry chicken salad. I put raisins and green apples in mine. No nuts. I like heavily dressed greens the most. I only like lightly dressed greens when we're halfway through playing "Olga at the Gulag" because you can almost see right through the dressing at that point, so you can guage how much stoli you'll need once all of the dressing comes off. It's kinda like seeing into the future in a way.

SB
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Leftover homemade ice cream for dessert.

My family made homemade ice cream a couple times every winter, using a manual-crank bucket machine set near the basement drain, while we all sat on our summer lawn-chairs waiting for our turn to crank the Beast.  Dad would run out to the driveway edges for snow and broken ice, and Mom would man the rock-salt.  
    Helluva lot of work, but that treat was fantastic.  There's a small KitchenAid thingie that you've got me looking at, again....

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:
    Leftover homemade ice cream for dessert.

My family made homemade ice cream a couple times every winter, using a manual-crank bucket machine set near the basement drain, while we all sat on our summer lawn-chairs waiting for our turn to crank the Beast.  Dad would run out to the driveway edges for snow and broken ice, and Mom would man the rock-salt.  
    Helluva lot of work, but that treat was fantastic.  There's a small KitchenAid thingie that you've got me looking at, again....
    In case you need the push, I’ll mention that we use the Kitchen Aid ice cream making accessories for ours. Makes things pretty easy, with excellent results. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    GrateEggspectations said:
    In case you need the push, I’ll mention that we use the Kitchen Aid ice cream making accessories for ours. Makes things pretty easy, with excellent results. 
    Sure, spend my money freely!   >:) :# 
    (thanks, Grate!)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    edited July 2022
    @Botch mine is a cheap 4 quart version that we got as a wedding gift 15+ years ago.  I’ve learned a few key things about ice cream making, a good recipe to get the fat content right for creaminess and lot more rock salt than I would have guessed when freezing.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Reminds me of a chemistry lab where we measure the molal freeze point deviation to determine the molarity (concentration) of a solute.
    I had an ice cream freezer like that, but it finally gave up the ghost after 25 years of use. :(
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    SonVolt said:
    Made crepes for breakfast for the first time yesterday. Stupid easy. 

https://www.seriouseats.com/basic-crepes-batter-recipe
    One of my favorite is Crepe Suzette ... have you done that permutation before?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 456
    Two years ago we purchased the Breville ice cream maker. It was never intended to be a counter top appliance but given its frequency of use it has earned its place of honor. It’s convenient, fast and makes delicious ice cream, sorbets, frozen yogurts. 
    IL 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    LetsEat said:
    Two years ago we purchased the Breville ice cream maker. It was never intended to be a counter top appliance but given its frequency of use it has earned its place of honor. It’s convenient, fast and makes delicious ice cream, sorbets, frozen yogurts.
    This recently made it to my "Lust List" (after an air fryer).

Either of 2 things need to happen: 
    a) it goes on sale, and I get a crazy good deal OR
    b) caliqueen is out of town for a spell.

We have the Kitchen Aid attachment, but never have the freezer space to pre-freeze it.

I guess I just made the case for another freezer =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    caliking said:
    LetsEat said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    caliking said:
    LetsEat said:

We have the Kitchen Aid attachment, but never have the freezer space to pre-freeze it.

Either?  Or both?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    LetsEat said:

Either?  Or both?
    I am not above claiming that "I found it on craigslist for $50"
    "And, its NIB!"
    "No, I have no idea how it has a shipping label with my name on it!!"

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Damnit.  Now I want an ice cream maker.
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 456
    Legume said:
    Damnit.  Now I want an ice cream maker.
    Go for it. You won’t regret it.  :)
    This forum has influenced way too many purchases for me. And I don’t regret any of them!
    IL 
  • caliking
    Legume said:
    **** you. That looks delicious.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    You don’t need a machine for this one @caliking

• caliking
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    You don’t need a machine for this one @caliking

I noted that, but keep it under wraps. It doesn't help the case for getting a fancy ice cream maker!

The sumac in that recipe is intriguing. I've got it bookmarked.

• @CPFC1905

Nice cook! Why is 1.25lbs the optimum weight?