Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Beautiful. Gotta love the stripes of cool season turf. Unlimited budget as well. 
    Snellville, GA

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Mowing grass.. what a time suck. What is the point it just grows back, relentlessly, hours of my summer going back and forth back and forth and only to do it again 5 days later and now it costs $30 in gas per cut.  I look forward to weed eating, at least your walking around. My bil mows his 7 acres or so twice a week, I don’t get it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @JohnInCarolina when I lived in NC I would go to nascar races with some friends and quickly learned the closer you are to the track the longer it’s going to take to get out when your ready to go home.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    @JohnInCarolina when I lived in NC I would go to nascar races with some friends and quickly learned the closer you are to the track the longer it’s going to take to get out when your ready to go home.
    Yep.  Sometimes when you’re first… you’re last.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Mowing grass.. what a time suck. What is the point it just grows back, relentlessly, hours of my summer going back and forth back and forth and only to do it again 5 days later and now it costs $30 in gas per cut.  I look forward to weed eating, at least your walking around. My bil mows his 7 acres or so twice a week, I don’t get it.
    My buddy does it for a living. Let's just say he could care less about how his yard looks by the time he gets home after 10 hour days....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    my yard in mass is woodvine, poison ivy, and vinca and whatever else found its way in. seems to take care of itself
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    My wife's center console ripped apart. 

I needed some slack with the emergency brake as I need to remove the caliber as I tore a boot last night when doing rear brakes. 

I even managed to burn the center console lid with the work light. It keeps getting better and better. Fun times!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @WeberWho - the payback may hurt!!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - the payback may hurt!!  

It has to be on the road early tomorrow morning. It's one thing where I could take my time but full steam ahead. I could buy a rebuild kit for the calipers for $20 but I'm going to spend $150 on whole new calipers and not worry about it. I'm at that point. 

At 9:30 last night I told my wife that the left rear brake job went way too good and that something on the rear right has to go wrong. It's just my luck. Boy did I nail that on the head. A couple hour brake job is going to turn into an 8+ hour brake job. 

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    RIP Ray Liotta 

jeff daniels smoking GIF by FilmStruck

Goodfellas GIF
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Trying to figure out something for dinner. 15 year anniversary tonight, so it should probably be a good one. Maybe I’ll go check out the cheffing thread to see if there is anything I can actually cook. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Trying to figure out something for dinner. 15 year anniversary tonight, so it should probably be a good one. Maybe I’ll go check out the cheffing thread to see if there is anything I can actually cook. 
    Happy Anniversary 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

I needed some slack with the emergency brake as I need to remove the caliber as I tore a boot last night when doing rear brakes. 

I even managed to burn the center console lid with the work light. It keeps getting better and better. Fun times!

Duct tape will fix both the torn boot and the center console damage.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Happy Anniversary!  I recommend preparing something she likes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    The Moussaka recipe Nola posted recently looks awfully good (and pretty easy) to me.  I think that's what I would be trying if I had the motive, means, and opportunity...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Happy Anniversary!  I recommend preparing something she likes.
    Inconceivable! This day isn’t about her. 

The Moussaka recipe Nola posted recently looks awfully good (and pretty easy) to me.  I think that's what I would be trying if I had the motive, means, and opportunity...
    I thought about that. It looks amazing. I need to find some substitutions for the dairy parts in the topping. It shouldn’t be too hard though. I was thinking about some cedar plank salmon, her favorite, but we are having sushi tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    edited May 2022
    WeberWho said:

Duct tape will fix both the torn boot and the center console damage.

No doubt it would be duct tape in my truck. That might even be considered an upgrade.

My wife just said, "We will just replace it". It didn't even phase her. I hope she meant arm rest and not vehicle.....

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    WeberWho said:

Those rechargeable LED work lights, ~$10 each, are worth their weight in gold and don't get hot/have no cord to kick.  I had never been so happy to throw away my old trouble-light, which burned up three or so incandescent bulbs with each job, argh!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 379
    My kid just came home from his last day of school for the year and asked when I get off work for the summer. Good thing he has a few more years to prepare for adult life.

• Paging @caliking
    Sadly, my first thought was “delicious.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @GrateEggspectations and @SamIAm2 - definitely demonstrating the good neighbour (nod) right there.  Speaks extremely well for those who think the world is collapsing.  Local concern and reach out become the glue to a civil society.  
    May we never lose it.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.