Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    MasterC said:
    Stuffed pork tenderloins, mac-n-cheese.and green beans 

Dinner with Mrs,C and my 84 year old parents, priceless.
    Even without the sous vide, that looks fantastic!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Botch said:
    Chicken Tinga tacos:

Rick Bayless just put this one up on EweTube.  Caramelized onions, chopped thighs, fire-roasted tomato, garlic, oregano, and chipotle cooked down, then topped with avocado, queso fresco and (not shown) cilantro.  Recipe called for the onions to be cut in 1/2" slices/half-rings, and be thoroughly caramelized before adding the chicken.  For tacos I normally mince and just soften, but caramelizing them was a game-changer and this is how I'm doing it from now on.  This one's a keeper.  
    Attempt #4 on home-made tortillas.  First one had full puffage, first time!  Last one puffed sorta, and the middle six just lay flat.  Dammit that's frustrating.  
    Gotta try this. Sounds delicious. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    caliking said:
    Gotta try this. Sounds delicious. 
    Quick hint: lay the tortillas in an upright taco holder, and drop the avocado slice into the bottom, before the tinga and other things.  MUCH easier to eat!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    MasterC said:

Care to share the mac 'n cheese recipe ?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    edited May 2022
    SonVolt said:
    MasterC said:

Care to share the mac 'n cheese recipe ?
    Sure, here you go
     I use a 3qt pan for the cheese sauce 
    3tbsp butter
    3tbsp flour
    3 cups of milk
    1/4 tsp dry ground mustard
    1 small onion chopped 
    8oz of gouda(this time I found gouda with bacon)
    8oz of velvita cheese 
    8oz of cheddar cheese 
    2cups dried macaroni 
    Season with white pepper and salt to taste.( tend to go heavy with white pepper)

Make roux with butter and flour 
    Add milk and dried mustard to cooked roux
    Bring to boil while stirring constantly until thickened 
    Remove from heat, stir in the cheese until melted 
    Season with white pepper and salt 

Cook the macaroni al dente and mix with the cheese sauce in foil pan for grilling 

I made this pan early and held it in the refrigerator so it went on chilled. It cooked 50 minutes at 375. If you put it on immediately after mixing you can cut it to 30 minutes 

Mix in the chopped onion when mixing the sauce and macaroni. Sorry about the omission.

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    I would crush those Florida T-bones  B) . Now the frog legs-grilled with a load of garlic and I will enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 916
    Wait .. in Texas .. are all the vegan frogs made of grilled squash? 

Ybabpmuts
  • lousubcap
    @Scguy1869 - Great cook right there.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Many will readily help if you have any questions or concerns.  Just post 'em up.
    Pro-tip:  Put your credit cards on lock down as this place can suck your disposable income dry.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    lousubcap said:

Pro-tip:  Put your credit cards on lock down as this place can suck your disposable income dry.  
    ICASIL
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ryantt said:
    Grilled shrimp fajitas…

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    This was really good.  No recipe used.

Made some meatballs with wagyu, oyster crackers, a large harvest from the herb garden, etc.  Spaetzle noodles.  A sauce that's kind of a riff on stroganof with mushrooms, cream cheese sour cream milk etc. 

You should call this Balls Strokinoff
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458

Made some meatballs with wagyu, oyster crackers, a large harvest from the herb garden, etc.  Spaetzle noodles.  A sauce that's kind of a riff on stroganof with mushrooms, cream cheese sour cream milk etc. 

He does specialize in ballz 
  • lousubcap
    @Hans61 - however you cooked that, you nailed it!
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 253
    Hans61 said:
    Been on a real flank steak kick. I think I like it better than sirloin

If you like flank try a flat iron.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 916
    "Been on a real flank steak kick. I think I like it better than sirloin"

I get that ... sometimes kicking a sirloin hurts more than you think, but flank steaks, by comparison, are softer and the grain kind of slants sideways, so it always almost feels like a glancing blow, no matter what it gets hit with, and that probably translates to better kicks on your end. Of course .. if you wear thick boots, that are devoid of any feeling .. I don't know what the hell your'e talking about, or I'm just learning about it maybe seven seconds ago .. depending on what side of the court I'm on and when we (insert overly large air quotes here) umm. SIGNED ...  the documents ..  to make me your lawyer.

Ybabpmuts 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited May 2022

Finished with a cream sauce, no less. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864

Carey calls that the “jizz” for some reason.

Everyone thinks his cat’s name is Jazz, but they just mishear him.  It’s Jizz.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942

Carey calls that the “jizz” for some reason.

Everyone thinks his cat’s name is Jazz, but they just mishear him.  It’s Jizz.
    I thought his cats name was Blanche Dumas?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    lousubcap said:
    @Hans61 - however you cooked that, you nailed it!
    Reverse sear
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf