Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    caliking said:
    Getting ready for the party.  Looking forward to kicking back and relaxing.

Fvck.

If I didn't have your progress reports of the build to follow, I'd have a hard time believing this was a residential deal. Farkin' superb.

Wishing you, and yours, many many hours/years of enjoyment in that space. 
    Thank you for the kind words.  Our goal for the space was boutique resort.  We are extremely happy with the outcome and really blessed by the way things fell into place for the build.

If you ever head to Southern AZ, bring the family over, check it out, and relax for a while.
    Pretty certain you achieved that. In spades!

Thanks for the invite. Wouldn't mind taking you up on it sometime =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Youngest is home sick with what I think is the flu since the ‘rona miraculously disappeared. About to throw a couple of tri-tips on. 
    I liked this post, but I just want to make it clear that I’m only liking the tri-tip part.  Sick kiddos are no fun for anyone.  I hope they feel better soon.
    Sick kids are no fun. It makes it worse that she is sick now because she was set and super excited to go to the veterans nursing home with my wife tomorrow to help out with their Easter celebration. She is taking it pretty well but is disappointed. 

On a more upbeat note, these tri-tips should be great. It’s been awhile since I have cooked some up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Smoking steak, drinking beer and listening some music on the patio before it gets unbearable. 

Looks like a great afternoon. For a moment, you transported me there. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

Stunning. Is that you or Linda?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Youngest is home sick with what I think is the flu since the ‘rona miraculously disappeared. About to throw a couple of tri-tips on. 
    I like the Tritip but sick kid is no bueno.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,791
    Options
    @lkapigian

Stunning. Is that you or Linda?
    Lol … Plant Systems by Steve Cox … they make my yard happy 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,093
    Options
    Cooking some hickory smoked bourbon BBQ beans cooking in the large. A side dish for ribs tomorrow and steak during the week. Easy enough to make … https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/2018/01/05/smokey-chipotle-beans/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Was I being watched while making dinner?  Yes.
    Am I still here?  Yes.
    Apparently I did things right.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    @Acn - given you and your cat are on good terms, care to share the high points of your Barcelona trip??  From the posts thru the trip it looked like you really enjoyed the experience.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    Just read about the death of Dwayne Haskins.  What a tragedy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MediumRarely
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Acn - given you and your cat are on good terms, care to share the high points of your Barcelona trip??  From the posts thru the trip it looked like you really enjoyed the experience.  

+1, love that city too.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Thought I’d burn the old lump down and de-crud the dome.  Left the daisy wheel inside a bit too long but it’s a lot cleaner. 
    Any suggestions / options about treating it, or just leave as is? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 699
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Thought I’d burn the old lump down and de-crud the dome.  Left the daisy wheel inside a bit too long but it’s a lot cleaner. 

I'd leave it. As long as you use it enough cast iron takes care of itself. Especially for that job. It'll be covered in gunk before you know it. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,458
    Options
    Just read about the death of Dwayne Haskins.  What a tragedy.  
    Agreed. Tremendous talent on the field. Not a lot of details on this other than crossing an 8 lane highway and hit by a dump truck. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,185
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

You can leave it, or coat it in vegetable oil or similar and put it back in under lower heat.  Or ditch it and get a smokeware cap.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    As above, oil it and give it a quick cook.  Then store in the BGE after every cook.
    Can't comment on other options.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Eoin said:
    This isn't finished yet, but that was my whole weekend and 2 hours on Friday afternoon laying out the bearers. Roofing next, but not today. I'm not used to consecutive days of manual work any more.

Is this some sort of bomb shelter in case (when?) Anne gives you grief?

Very nice.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    This isn't finished yet, but that was my whole weekend and 2 hours on Friday afternoon laying out the bearers. Roofing next, but not today. I'm not used to consecutive days of manual work any more.

Is this some sort of bomb shelter in case (when?) Anne gives you grief?

Very nice.
    We kind of need it while some insurance work is done on the house, plus a garden room, plus somewhere to hang out for Egghead Zoom calls, plus a couch alternative when I'm out of favour.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Eoin said:

Any chance there is a smoke shack hiding on the back side?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:

Any chance there is a smoke shack hiding on the back side?
    The Eggs are under a veranda just behind where I'm standing to take that picture.