Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some pretty tasty tequila.  Not this morning, but last night.

You know you are in for some fun when your tequila come with a butt plug. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Cheers Lit!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    This whiskey is a legend in my family! My father used to drink this straight from the bottle and make a mean face afterwards. Can’t get this in Virginia any more so my son spent many dollars to get a $12 bottle to me from Kentucky. Great Christmas present!

Taste pretty good!
    Mellow Corn is available in Virginia. Just need to look around for it. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @pgprescott Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score.  You run in an orbit that I rarely visit.  Glad I somehow helped with the find.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    The 1792 sweet wheat is a good pour
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I poured a little of both 1792 bottles. I liked both but was really impressed by the 12yr on this initial sampling. I’m looking forward to enjoying a few more pours over the coming weeks 1792/ Barton is a great label and relatively inexpensive for their chops. I reluctantly left a bottle of full proof there as I have a couple, but it was at retail and that’s the first time I’ve seen it at retail in my sphere. Oh well, someone else will enjoy it. Cheers! 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I poured a little of both 1792 bottles. I liked both but was really impressed by the 12yr on this initial sampling. I’m looking forward to enjoying a few more pours over the coming weeks 1792/ Barton is a great label and relatively inexpensive for their chops. I reluctantly left a bottle of full proof there as I have a couple, but it was at retail and that’s the first time I’ve seen it at retail in my sphere. Oh well, someone else will enjoy it. Cheers! 
    Nice. I’m a big fan of the 1792. Unfortunately the only offerings I’ve found around here are the small batch and single barrel. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Nice. I’m a big fan of the 1792. Unfortunately the only offerings I’ve found around here are the small batch and single barrel. 
    Fairly common up here but first time I’ve seen the wheat and 12 yr. The full proof is slim pickings too and usually marked up to aftermarket prices. Small batch and single barrel are highly regarded especially at its price point and availability. BIB is a little harder to find but easier than the first three mentioned. I haven’t had enough different single barrels to notice if they vary greatly or are fairly steady in their flavor profile. 🥃
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    That full proof is pretty darn stout for my tastes but great finds you got there.   I stopped by my honey hole yesterday and I could feel the wallet bouncing around in my pocket as I walked in.   The only unique find was a bottle of Wilderness Trails (non-wheated).  I have the wheated version and like it quite a bit but I decided against it because they had many bottles and left with a sole bottle of Tito's for Thanksgiving Brunch Cocktails.    Knowing me I'll stop back by today and grab the WT.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Leopoldstoch - You've got it going!  If you're gonna drink all day you've start in the morning.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Leopoldstoch - You've got it going!  If you're gonna drink all day you've start in the morning.  
    Truth. 
  • saluki2007
    Options
    These…

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Y’all have ladies in your brown water club??? Some good bottles on that table 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Rediscovering JD and coke after an old friend prompted some memories of the distant past. Maybe it would have been better not to have had 4 x large G&T first, but hey, at least I'm not in the same boat as Anne who has an appointment with a treadmill at 9 tomorrrow. 
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options
  • saluki2007
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Nice I scored some today as well. Had the ability to buy all 6 but I can’t justify paying $44 for a bottle of beer. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    Options

Batch 1, Louisiana blend
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Batch 1, Louisiana blend
    Yes please!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Nice I scored some today as well. Had the ability to buy all 6 but I can’t justify paying $44 for a bottle of beer. 
    Aren’t you supposed to let the rest a year or so before drinking them? I could swear that’s what I was told. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Batch 1, Louisiana blend
    Yes please!
    570 bottle release. Paid $200 for it. I’ve seen it from $175-250 local. Someone offered me $1100 for an unopened Old Carter Batch 5……Almost sold it
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Batch 1, Louisiana blend
    Yes please!
    570 bottle release. Paid $200 for it. I’ve seen it from $175-250 local. Someone offered me $1100 for an unopened Old Carter Batch 5……Almost sold it
    Yeah, I’d be in. At the 2-3 hundo. Those guys spending 1k for a bourbon are out of my zip code. Hell, us guys spending a couple hundred are obviously a bit off as well. 😜

nice score. Never even seen one in my area. Enjoy!
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Aren’t you supposed to let the rest a year or so before drinking them? I could swear that’s what I was told. 
    The bottle says you can age for up to 5 years. I usually drink one today and then save the other one until new years. I’m not much of a saver when it comes to my booze. I buy to drink. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Batch 1, Louisiana blend
    Yes please!
    Yeah, I’d be in. At the 2-3 hundo. Those guys spending 1k for a bourbon are out of my zip code. Hell, us guys spending a couple hundred are obviously a bit off as well. 😜

nice score. Never even seen one in my area. Enjoy!
    If you see it reasonably priced, buy it. It’s MGP, but all of the batches I’ve had are good. 5 is my absolute favorite….albeit the hottest. Floats around 135 proof, drinks like a 90
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I had a good run with the Goose Island this year 
    OG in bottle and a growler off draught 
    1 Cola, 1 OF 150, 1 cherrywood, and 2 double barrel

I still have one each of the Weller and Old Forester from last year. I'll drink one of those after the first round of the college playoffs this year and the other after the championship game
    Boom
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The insanity of the bourbon landscape today:  For the past three years, my son and I have signed up for Sazerac's Single Barrel Select day event which happens on Dec 1st commencing at high Noon (EST).  This is an annual one-off event.  6 years ago, the allotted barrels took around 3 months to get claimed.  4 years ago it was a couple of weeks and of late, instantaneous.  Today the random queue generator slotted me at 25,906.  Given there are only 200-300 barrels available it was another total miss.  There's always next year-
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The insanity of the bourbon landscape today:  For the past three years, my son and I have signed up for Sazerac's Single Barrel Select day event which happens on Dec 1st commencing at high Noon (EST).  This is an annual one-off event.  6 years ago, the allotted barrels took around 3 months to get claimed.  4 years ago it was a couple of weeks and of late, instantaneous.  Today the random queue generator slotted me at 25,906.  Given there are only 200-300 barrels available it was another total miss.  There's always next year-
    I concur. So say by some in the sales side of the industry it’s fake demand/allocation. I don’t know what to think. Used to be able to buy Blanton’s for $38 a fifth on the shelf every day. Now it’s $100+ in small allocations