Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Coffee.  So much coffee.
    I thought you quit drinking. Why so much coffee? 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Not cool.
    You read too much into some things. 
    Maybe, but I suspect you know exactly what you were doing and why, and that it’s really not OK.  Much like when you compared me to Jerry Sandusky.  You are a waste of space.  Bye now.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Coffee.  So much coffee.
    Not cool.
    Maybe, but I suspect you know exactly what you were doing and why, and that it’s really not OK.  Much like when you compared me to Jerry Sandusky.  You are a waste of space.  Bye now.
    Whatever John. No one including Lit has disparaged more people than you. Truth. And that’s saying something cuz Lit disparaged many. You’ve called folks bigots, homophobes, and racists among many other things. Of course you think that’s ok cuz you have a PHD and that means you are smart and they are dumb. You know how it goes. I’m thinking you’ve misconstrued this one. I certainly am not calling terp a Jerry Sandusky or any other person. 

I’m not quite sure what terribly sinister motives you think are at play here, but it was not intended to be hurtful in any way. Rather was meant as banter to a guy I believe genuinely did quite drinking. I could be wrong, but that is my belief. I would not hesitate to say the same thing to one of my close buddies in the same situation. People who quit drinking aren’t as fragile as you might think. It takes a lot of grit and determination. Much like quitting smoking. 

Cheers John. 🥃
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Coffee.  So much coffee.
    Not cool.
    Whatever John. No one including Lit has disparaged more people than you. Truth. And that’s saying something cuz Lit disparaged many. You’ve called folks bigots, homophobes, and racists among many other things. Of course you think that’s ok cuz you have a PHD and that means you are smart and they are dumb. You know how it goes. I’m thinking you’ve misconstrued this one. I certainly am not calling terp a Jerry Sandusky or any other person. 

I’m not quite sure what terribly sinister motives you think are at play here, but it was not intended to be hurtful in any way. Rather was meant as banter to a guy I believe genuinely did quite drinking. I could be wrong, but that is my belief. I would not hesitate to say the same thing to one of my close buddies in the same situation. People who quit drinking aren’t as fragile as you might think. It takes a lot of grit and determination. Much like quitting smoking. 

Cheers John. 🥃
    Sure.

Look, obviously you think that’s Nola’s troll account, but Carey doesn’t even drink coffee.  I happen to know that because I’ve stayed at his house many times, as have many others here. They can all testify to this.  Ask some of them, if you don’t believe me.  But at minimum, perhaps reconsider your certainty as to who is behind that troll account.

I’ve said my peace.  I’ll let you have the last word on this, because that always seems to be important to you, but mostly because I don’t want to derail any further another favored thread on here with continued clown punching.
  • pgprescott
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Coffee.  So much coffee.
    Not cool.

Cheers John. 🥃
    Sure.

Look, obviously you think that’s Nola’s troll account, but Carey doesn’t even drink coffee.  I happen to know that because I’ve stayed at his house many times, as have many others here. They can all testify to this.  Ask some of them, if you don’t believe me.  But at minimum, perhaps reconsider your certainty as to who is behind that troll account.

I’ve said my peace.  I’ll let you have the last word on this, because that always seems to be important to you, but mostly because I don’t want to derail any further another favored thread on here with continued clown punching.
    Sounds about right.

I’m just wondering then what’s so wrong about it?

It’s pretty innocuous. Especially since you’re right, I don’t know who’s behind particular troll accounts as I’m not on the group troll text. You know. Go ahead and share them all if you truly are opposed to the “clown punching”. Maybe you’re just opposed to the shenanigans that are not initiated by you and yours. got ya. I’ll just assume that like the stock house photo, you jumped to a conclusion. Wanted to make someone look particularly bad. Yeah that sounds about right. 

In keeping. Cheers! 🥃
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina.  LOL.  Most of the 11 are lifelong  or friends met in high school. The next brisket camp or butt blast I attend I will bring a nice bottle. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Hibiki over some rocks. First pour. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options

Hibiki 12? 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Hibiki 12? 
    I don’t see an age statement on the box or the bottle. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Reminds me of a glenlivet or glenmorangie. Easy drinking scotch. 

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Not a fan, but not a scotch fan either. Love the Russell’s photo bomb. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Yeah, it’s definitely scotch. I’m a scotch lover so that’s alright by me. 

The Russell reserve single barrel is absolutely fabulous. At least this specific bottle is. One of the better bourbons I’ve ever had. I have a back up and hope it’s as good as this one. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The Russell reserve single barrel is absolutely fabulous. At least this specific bottle is. One of the better bourbons I’ve ever had. I have a back up and hope it’s as good as this one. 
    Glad you like it. The Russell is a favorite of mine. That is one of the few I’ve tried where there is a significant difference in taste between the standard blend version vs SB. I will go with the SB every time. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Options
    Gonna have a taste of the rare breed. A bit hotter than the RRSB. Here goes nuttin’

• pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Glad you like it. The Russell is a favorite of mine. That is one of the few I’ve tried where there is a significant difference in taste between the standard blend version vs SB. I will go with the SB every time. 
    Yeah I have to agree. Phenomenal. I try so many different pours I can’t believe I left this particular bottle sit so long between pours. I’ll try to not let that happen in the future. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Well , might as well try the third one. It’s pretty close to the SB. It’s a definite buy if you see it. Fairly rare in my sphere. 

Kentucky Spirit! 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    This is a new one for me, here up north. I like it
  • pgprescott
    Options
    poster said:
    This is a new one for me, here up north. I like it
    Solid rye. Top tier imo. 
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options

Haven’t decided what to put in it, but my new holiday glass arrived today!

Brandon - Ohio

• pgprescott
    Options
    No wonder @PeteSliver failed.
    Not cool. Loser! 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I’m pretty sure @JohnInCarolina would like to dress you down for your disturbing and disgusting remarks.  I’ll leave that to him as he is a fair minded individual who can always be counted on to do the right thing. 🤣
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Went back to the RRSB. Neck and neck with the Kentucky spirit. I could drink these every day. 🥃
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I’m pretty sure @JohnInCarolina would like to dress you down for your disturbing and disgusting remarks.  I’ll leave that to him as he is a fair minded individual who can always be counted on to do the right thing. 🤣
    What the heck @JohnInCarolina? Where did your moral outrage go? Maybe you are just full of it? It’s really important to be morally consistent. 

Oh well, I guess you are just another cognitive dissonance Darth. Yeah, that’s it. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    For Gods sake @JohnInCarolina, you will be exposed as a lying hypocrite if you don’t respond very strongly to this hateful attack. 

I’ll keep up hope for your true intentions to shine through. 

I know you really care deeply about certain issues and alcohol related ones are at the top of your list. I’ll be waiting 😳😳😳😳😳😳
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• pgprescott
    Options

I would like to thank you for you self exposure. Bravo sir! Bravo! 
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Wife’s bday. Couldn’t not get it
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Gonna have a taste of the rare breed. A bit hotter than the RRSB. Here goes nuttin’

How do you like the Rare Breed?   The guys at my honey hole are always trying to get me to grab it but I always pass.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • pgprescott
    Options

How do you like the Rare Breed?   The guys at my honey hole are always trying to get me to grab it but I always pass.  
    It’s definitely good. Has a little more punch and edge to it than the other two. I think at their price points any of these are killer. It can definitely be sipped but I’d say it’ll really shine in your Manhattan or old fashioned. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

It’s definitely good. Has a little more punch and edge to it than the other two. I think at their price points any of these are killer. It can definitely be sipped but I’d say it’ll really shine in your Manhattan or old fashioned. 
    Thanks for the feedback, I’ll grab a bottle on my next run then!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I had a good run with the Goose Island this year 
    OG in bottle and a growler off draught 
    1 Cola, 1 OF 150, 1 cherrywood, and 2 double barrel

I still have one each of the Weller and Old Forester from last year. I'll drink one of those after the first round of the college playoffs this year and the other after the championship game
    Grabbed another cherrywood and cola today along with a fourteen. That's one I was missing

Wish I had the Blanton's one though

Had one of the Cola stouts yesterday. Gross 
    Boom