Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That’s edgy 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Shanus"
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Anyone hungry for some delicious 3d printed vegetarian steak?

https://youtu.be/tXksi9gynQE

Me neither. 
    It's funny but in that recent Marc Maron podcast with David Chang, David mentioned trying some synthetic meat that was really good and that he said he couldn't tell the difference from the real thing.  

He might also talk about it on his new show that's on Hulu, I'm not sure.  
    David Chang does talk about it and the science behind it on the Hulu show I think it is episode 5 or 6 about “sushi”
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options

Are Barbecues allowed?  Asking for a pedantic friend.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • FarmingPhD
    Options

Kinda like rules at work implemented over years, there is a name associated with the rule for the idiot, err I mean accident/policy loophole that got the rule instituted originally. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options

Did you at least put your address down for an alternate place? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    A metric load of Jalapeño Cheddar for Saturday s Chili Cook Off 

I want that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Reading a Prop65 label on my chili & garlic oil.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Working on a buddy's car.  Sway bar bushings and oil change so he can make it to Florida for TG to see family 
    Can you remind him to stay in the right lane when traveling?  ;) I joke, I joke.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Working on a buddy's car.  Sway bar bushings and oil change so he can make it to Florida for TG to see family 
    I have a 55" TV in my garage with no home.  I also would like a 1-ton axel installed on my Jeep.  Any interest in a trade?  TV for axel swap?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have a 55" TV in my garage with no home.  I also would like a 1-ton axel installed on my Jeep.  Any interest in a trade?  TV for axel swap?
    Sure, bring it on next time the wife does her family pilgrimage to LA...
    Options
    Been moon watching tonight. You can see the shadow starting to appear. Pretty cool. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I saw it....coming along.
    Options
    The ole moon looks pretty cool right now. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I saw it....coming along.
    I saw it coming and going. 

Status- Standing by.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options

Just what is Black Friday and why do you guys keep inventing stuff like that?  Never mind, the PL is back and so sensibility can prevail.

Leicester v Chelsea,  never a straight forward encounter this. The Foxes can’t settle upon a  pattern and the Blues are not top by mistake. 0-2

Villa v Brighton, welcome back Stevie G and I fear a ‘big learn’ is coming this weekend.  The Filthy Seagulls are well drilled whereas the lauded one’s group are in a dark place. No new manager bounce 0-2.

Burnley v Palace,  traditionally the drabbest game of the season but the Eagles are different gravy this year.  The Clarets have just awoken, for reasons unknown they always wait 6 weeks before getting their shizz together. Heart says away win but 2 weeks of planning will nullify new-Palace and 1-1 it is.

Newcastle v Brentford, surge v slump?  Perfect first match for Eddie at the Toon.  The Bees are capitulating; inexperience and injuries weighing heavy. New manager bounce 0-2 

Norwich v Southampton, the 3rd new manager game and the Canaries now also have a ‘W’ against their name.  Saints are a hotch-potch so all three results possible. 2-2

Watford v Man Utd, Ole grasping at thin air if this a defeat and the Hornets will know that.  Quality should count, but will it?  I just don’t know. Nervy nil-all until a last minute wonder goal by Ronaldo.  0-1

Wolves v West Ham, the hosts were looking super-solid until being unpicked by Palace last time out.  West Ham seem to defy logic and remain the team of the moment, 1-2

Liverpool v Arsenal,  let’s not mess about. The Gunners have livened their act up but they are not as good as the Reds. 2-0.

Stoke v Peterborough - 3  points in the bag for the Potters and the dream stays alive for @eoin

Sunday

Man City v Everton, easy pickings for Citeh despite the all pervading neurosis. 3-0

Spurs v Leeds, signs of life at Leeds with 3 unbeaten while Spurs still can’t decide if they are Arthur or Martha. Can see goals, can’t see  a winner. 1-1.

Flag all you like, assuming you’re not too busy spaffing it all away on Amazon ‘deals’. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,304
    edited November 2021
    Options
    SGH said:
    The ole moon looks pretty cool right now. 
    Scottie - I always took you as more of a fan of Uranus. 

I had seen the news of the longest partial lunar eclipse in almost 600 years. Had considered setting the alarm and getting out there with a telescope, but my young son was up sick with a cold so sleep in the first half of the night was already too disturbed. Looked like it was going to be quite neat. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    The last blood-red eclipse I saw was while exiting a KISS concert, the first tour where they put the costumes/makeup back on.  Surreal evening all around.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Laying here in the recliner with Duck Cat (glad he's no worse for wear), listening to the wind howl outside. 
    Yesterday was unmitigated chaos and past 2 days are stressful to say the least. Had special order on a piece of furniture. which was dropped and shattered at the store ..getting ready for delivery.. 
    While I was "negotiating " a re-build /order .. I also had a crew working to finish clean up from the tornado (this past March) when they busted a water line down to my barn.. Ran to the store to get pieces to repair that..
    .came home and saw Duck Cat laying in the middle of the street ..not moving ..had tire treads over him. Picked him up and he started crying ..rushed him to work and stabilized him as best I could.
    Surprisingly his injuries were not as bad as I suspected.
    Bad bruising on the lungs, road rash on his forelimbs, probably needs a wire in his lower jaw..and one of his canines removed...told my gf he's getting a titanium one so he can bite her better (they have a love hate relationship).... Going to see my ortho buddy this evening about a questionable area on his shoulder rads...but otherwise no worse injuries...
    He got hit hard enough it shattered the plastic buckle on his collar. 

He's glad to be home as well. Been right by my side since I brought him home this am

Then I blew a fuel line on the big green turd (tractor)
    First and last john deere I'll own.

Sorry to hear about you cat. Dang. I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse. 

Minnesota
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    putting away the chainsaw, had me some fun before. Good by brush ....
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Just what is Black Friday and why do you guys keep inventing stuff like that?  Never mind, the PL is back and so sensibility can prevail.

Leicester v Chelsea,  never a straight forward encounter this. The Foxes can’t settle upon a  pattern and the Blues are not top by mistake. 0-2

Villa v Brighton, welcome back Stevie G and I fear a ‘big learn’ is coming this weekend.  The Filthy Seagulls are well drilled whereas the lauded one’s group are in a dark place. No new manager bounce 0-2.

Burnley v Palace,  traditionally the drabbest game of the season but the Eagles are different gravy this year.  The Clarets have just awoken, for reasons unknown they always wait 6 weeks before getting their shizz together. Heart says away win but 2 weeks of planning will nullify new-Palace and 1-1 it is.

Newcastle v Brentford, surge v slump?  Perfect first match for Eddie at the Toon.  The Bees are capitulating; inexperience and injuries weighing heavy. New manager bounce 0-2 

Norwich v Southampton, the 3rd new manager game and the Canaries now also have a ‘W’ against their name.  Saints are a hotch-potch so all three results possible. 2-2

Watford v Man Utd, Ole grasping at thin air if this a defeat and the Hornets will know that.  Quality should count, but will it?  I just don’t know. Nervy nil-all until a last minute wonder goal by Ronaldo.  0-1

Wolves v West Ham, the hosts were looking super-solid until being unpicked by Palace last time out.  West Ham seem to defy logic and remain the team of the moment, 1-2

Liverpool v Arsenal,  let’s not mess about. The Gunners have livened their act up but they are not as good as the Reds. 2-0.

Stoke v Peterborough - 3  points in the bag for the Potters and the dream stays alive for @eoin

Sunday

Man City v Everton, easy pickings for Citeh despite the all pervading neurosis. 3-0

Spurs v Leeds, signs of life at Leeds with 3 unbeaten while Spurs still can’t decide if they are Arthur or Martha. Can see goals, can’t see  a winner. 1-1.

Flag all you like, assuming you’re not too busy spaffing it all away on Amazon ‘deals’. 

This warmed my heart - although I won't be able to watch any of the Saturday games.  I'm working all night tonight and then going wine tasting for a friend's birthday tomorrow.

With that said:

Villa will keep it closer than a 2 goals loss against Brighton.

Palace will pull off a victory.

Spurs will find a way to beat Leeds.

And unfortunately for Norwich, they haven't found the recipe for victories or ties and they will lose yet again.

I also don't understand why we have felt a need to have our populace significantly weaken their individual financial situations by going into debt for a 6 week period at the end of every calendar year in the name of what is supposed to be a religious holiday...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    hope your cat is ok, the rest of that stuff pales in comparison
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Waiting for a delivery from the Holy Grail Steak Co 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Waiting for a delivery from the Holy Grail Steak Co 
    Nice.  What have you got coming?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    Going out for a case of Duboeuf Beaujolais Villages  =)
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe