Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Having spent many an hour detailing cars over the years, I recognize that this is a big job. Hope you didn’t forget to wax the rims. 
    I can’t lie, I didn’t. After using proper glass cleaner on the windows I was about done. And I had to mow the lawn / pick up the fallen leaves. 
    I’ve earned this evening’s wine. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Triple batch of focaccia 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• camofreak
    Options
    Cooking Ribeyes for me and my bride…
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Don't try this with shun  =)

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Well- @Foghorn - you got one club in the USL final.  Regrettably it was Tampa Bay.  Painful finish after taking the crowd out of the match for 60+ minutes carving out a 2-0 lead 25 minutes in.  However, reverted to playing not to lose vice pressing the attack.  Rowdies scored one 83 mins in and the equalizer 6 minutes into the 5 minute stoppage time.  Literally the last play of regulation.  They got one 12 mins into the ET and that was all she wrote.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Well- @Foghorn - you got one club in the USL final.  Regrettably it was Tampa Bay.  Painful finish after taking the crowd out of the match for 60+ minutes carving out a 2-0 lead 25 minutes in.  However, reverted to playing not to lose vice pressing the attack.  Rowdies scored one 83 mins in and the equalizer 6 minutes into the 5 minute stoppage time.  Literally the last play of regulation.  They got one 12 mins into the ET and that was all she wrote.  
    @lousubcap, I saw the box score.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I've been in the stands for several painful losses like this over the years in multiple sports. 

Hopefully, you're transitioning into the "well I least I got a trip to Florida and overall it's been a good season" phase...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    Fun with plumbing in a confined space, under a sink inside a cabinet with small doors.  Cold water feed to faucet leaking at compression fitting joint threads.
    Had the basement bathroom remodeled 5-6 years ago, for $7k.  Wish I'd gone with the deluxe package that included teflon tape on the threads.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Fun with plumbing in a confined space, under a sink inside a cabinet with small doors.  Cold water feed to faucet leaking at compression fitting joint threads.
    Had the basement bathroom remodeled 5-6 years ago, for $7k.  Wish I'd gone with the deluxe package that included teflon tape on the threads.

Is that your supply line valve on the S side of that fitting? Does it screw into a compression fitting or a female adapter? If compression, no Teflon tape needed/used
  • dbCooper
    Options
    Correct, that is the valve.  Braided line goes to faucet.  Copper supply line has a compression ring on it.  That line attaches to the valve with a female nut. 
    Slow drip (drop every 5-10 min) was noticed.  I tried tightening the nut, had maybe 1/16th inch movement and that did not fix.  Put on tape and that seems to have done it. 
    Plumbing is always a challenge for me and my terminology may be inaccurate.  Is my type the one that should not require tape?

Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    @dbCooper - no plumbing skills here but wherever water is involved with a thread fitting then the teflon tape is used. 
    Also used with air compressor fittings.  Takes the worry out of being close.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    Options
    Thanks for the input.  Tape has always been my practice in the situations you listed.
    Great Plains, USA
  • Canugghead
    edited November 2021
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Correct, that is the valve.  Braided line goes to faucet.  Copper supply line has a compression ring on it.  That line attaches to the valve with a female nut. 
    Slow drip (drop every 5-10 min) was noticed.  I tried tightening the nut, had maybe 1/16th inch movement and that did not fix.  Put on tape and that seems to have done it. 
    Plumbing is always a challenge for me and my terminology may be inaccurate.  Is my type the one that should not require tape?

No plumber here just my 2 cents worth…seeing the bottom of the nut being so close to the horizontal piece and you only had 1/16” play, I think the nut was over tightened by the contractor. Consequently when the washer hardens and shrinks you were limited to 1/16” turn, not enough to compress the washer to stop the slow drip.

See how much space I have below the nut? This was tightened ‘just enough’ with single layer of Teflon tape wrapped clockwise with some overlap.

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Kinda late in my experience.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    well, this week, but you get the idea
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Doing some wiring on boat.  Voltage gauges, new switch fuse panel, new stereo unit... 

always buy two switch panels, easier to switch one out when the first starts to go bad and then you have parts leftover down the road
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Apology @dbCooper, I misunderstood, talking about the wrong nut  :)
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Doing some wiring on boat.  Voltage gauges, new switch fuse panel, new stereo unit... 

always buy two switch panels, easier to switch one out when the first starts to go bad and then you have parts leftover down the road
    Probably a good idea.  This is my third panel.  This time I have deoxit marine goop on all connections.
    Options

Probably a good idea.  This is my third panel.  This time I have deoxit marine goop on all connections.

have tried everything on mine, all soldered connections, electro grease etc. havent made a season without something electrical going down in years.  my trolling motor doesnt charge the batteries and im starting to think the varying voltages is the culprit. even shut everything on the boat off starting the main motor doesnt help but i dont like seeing low voltage warnings on the lowrance. being docked most of the year doesnt help, the boat is always wet and never really dries out. the guy that put the motor on the boat back in 92 saves the old breaker boards for me now. its time to rewire everything on the boat i think
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Wow, maybe it was mentioned on here already and I missed it but anyone else notice The Ban Hammer went down? Also looks like the agree and Disagrees are gone are replaced with Dislike and Like

So far I see banned:

Lit
    PigBeanUs
    PeteSliver

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wow, maybe it was mentioned on here already and I missed it but anyone else notice The Ban Hammer went down? Also looks like the Report and Disagrees are gone are replaced with Dislike and Like

So far I see banned:

Lit
    PigBeanUs
    I just noticed beanus was banned. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wow, maybe it was mentioned on here already and I missed it but anyone else notice The Ban Hammer went down? Also looks like the Report and Disagrees are gone are replaced with Dislike and Like

So far I see banned:

Lit
    PigBeanUs
    I just noticed beanus was banned. 

looks like pigbeanus nuked the vanilla forum on his way out.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    just when i wanted to ask if my turkey was still safe......
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Putting some art in frames for SWMBO Jr and the MIL.  SWMBO will wrap and once we have a tree up they’ll go under it.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD