Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian: What’s the occasion? This looks like a tad more than an afternoon snack. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I think what I am experiencing is a long throw of the gas pedal. Most of my vehicles I push the throttle by rolling the ball of my foot, but the 4runner is requiring more pedal travel to make it go if you will.
    This is the manufacturers' way of getting better economy. I guess for people who are incapable of controlling their own limbs.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Got informed by a guy that I arrested today that I was going to get sued. Not for arresting him, but for arresting him under his government name instead of the weird made up sovereign citizen name. 

So I got that going for me, which is nice. 
    Haha, last weekend a border checkpoint I frequent was slow, so when stopped I rolled down my window and yelled "Sovereign Citizen, I'm a sovereign citizen" .... I gave it about 10 seconds then told them I was just kidding.  Once they realized I was kidding the 8 or so Border Patrol agents started laughing.  They told me I would be surprised at how often they get that for real.
    Mess with the UK border force like that and you'll get 8 hours in detention and a cavity search. @CPFC1905's mates are well known for being a humour free zone.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Got informed by a guy that I arrested today that I was going to get sued. Not for arresting him, but for arresting him under his government name instead of the weird made up sovereign citizen name. 

Haha, last weekend a border checkpoint I frequent was slow, so when stopped I rolled down my window and yelled "Sovereign Citizen, I'm a sovereign citizen" .... I gave it about 10 seconds then told them I was just kidding.  Once they realized I was kidding the 8 or so Border Patrol agents started laughing.  They told me I would be surprised at how often they get that for real.
    Mess with the UK border force like that and you'll get 8 hours in detention and a cavity search. @CPFC1905's mates are well known for being a humour free zone.
    I always wondered why Ed had such a smirk on his face.  Now I know it’s because he has mates who are cavity searchers.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Eoin said:

Our Boder Patrol agents are usually really good folks.  Honestly, most of the LEO folks I have interacted with are great.  Although, I ran into an issue at customs in India.  That was no fun.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:

Our Boder Patrol agents are usually really good folks.  
    There was actually a segment on the radio yesterday here suggesting otherwise.  They had some investigation that recommended more than two dozen be fired for bad behavior. In the end, only two were.  Maybe it was for a different part of the border than where you are.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    @lkapigian: What’s the occasion? This looks like a tad more than an afternoon snack. 
    Pre Cook for a private party tomorrow and a funeral on Tuesday , let them chill when done, slice cold and reheat ….crazy prices , $300 for the lot 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:

Our Boder Patrol agents are usually really good folks.  
    There was actually a segment on the radio yesterday here suggesting otherwise.  They had some investigation that recommended more than two dozen be fired for bad behavior. In the end, only two were.  Maybe it was for a different part of the border than where you are.
    24 agents out of 20,000 is pretty good.  It also could be that I have been around border patrol, customs &immigration, and other various Homeland security types my entire life.  I used to walk across the border in highschool before the world went crazy.  I have seen the change first hand.

I recognize my personal experiences, background, and cultural identity definitely impact my interactions.  @Eoin is right though, the UK folks really lack humour.  I found most people in the UK in public lack humour though.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - getting awful fancy with the beverage glass right there.  Must be the style enhances the essences of the beer.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

The tub to the right suggests rectum removal is imminent. I am standing by patiently waiting 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,864
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I always wondered why Ed had such a smirk on his face.  Now I know it’s because he has mates who are cavity searchers.
    Noted.

Reminds me,  I must check in with my cousin.  They call him Barry Big Hands around the office.  Those Homeland Security guys and their crazy humour. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    Options
    PSA The Manning brothers will be broadcasting tonight's Monday Night Football game.  Great entertainment independent of the game. 
    Rams vs 49ers.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    took the boat out this weekend, so much easier than waiting for it to ice in
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    PSA Update:  Manning brothers show tonight guest list:
    Al Michaels, Phil Mickelson, Draymond Green and Philip Rivers.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Curing 9+ lbs of bacon I picked up at Costco over the weekend.  Should be ready by the weekend.  Planning on smoking it in the KBQ.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - will be interested in your assessment of the differences (if any) between the KBQ and the BGE.  Great eats await!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    PSA Update:  Manning brothers show tonight guest list:
    Al Michaels, Phil Mickelson, Draymond Green and Philip Rivers.  
    Thanks for that @lousubcap.  Just had a chance to sit down and watch the 2nd quarter.  Phil was a great addition.  He asked all the right questions and had some good humor.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @CPFC1905 keep a cold garden hose close by.  Looks beautiful 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    burns Sulfur with like 3% diesel fuel?
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - You are a slick operator to be able to finesse that location.
    Congratulations on the successful completion of another lap of the sun.  
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,864
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Credit where it’s due to SWMBO for snaring the deal. 

Those solar laps seem to accelerate don’t they? 🍻
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Credit where it’s due to SWMBO for snaring the deal. 

Those solar laps seem to accelerate don’t they? 🍻
    edit: years getting longer by 5.5 seconds every 100 century.

Options
    Awaiting the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict and the Russian Invasion of the Ukraine.
    Memphis, TN
  • crashbc
    Options
    multi-tasking during a meting that should have been an email...and deciding what I want to cook for dinner tonight
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    HighHeat said:
    Awaiting the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict and the Russian Invasion of the Ukraine.

do we know they are russians this time =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it